Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    You realize the difference is that countries/cities are actually trying to stop terrorism attacks right? 'Paris Strong' isn't about 'sigh, oh well there was another one' but about remaining defiant in the face of attacks.

Terrorist attacks are not met with weary resignation like yet another mass shooting in the US is.
    That's the wonderfully terrible thing about these things. They're harder to preemptively catch than people planning an attack.

And they are a weary resignation. That's why you have terrorists like we have shooters. If we don't care, you do not either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vkpush View Post
    Yea but catching the gunman isn't gonna solve anything. Sadly there's no secret society of school shooters so you can catch them before they strike. But there are other ways of preventing it, but nothing will happen as long as the gun lobby run things. I'm not french, i just latched onto your comparison.
    You got mad because I said something about the dead. That's the point.

Guns are banned. Shooting still happens. What can you say now?

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    I've got a better idea: ban guns.

Best regards,

Europe.
    PS: We don't carry guns and have no school shootings. Just a thought.
    Correct. What you do have is an increasingly volatile issue with your leaders inviting a feral invasive species into your countries in massive droves and encouraging them to destroy your culture, rape your women, and bankrupt your country trying to give them everything.

I'll take the occasional shooting over my livelihood being completely taken away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    People who go straight to politics as soon as they hear people are dead, standing on the dead as some sort of political point scoring need to fuck off. Regardless of what you believe people have died en masse today, so today is not the time for politics.
    Yep, it's too soon. And then juuuuuust before it's been long enough to stop sending thoughts and prayers and have a meaningful debate about it, another shooting happens, and it's too soon again. Repeat ad infinitum.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    If there can be a cultural change without the need for federal gun control legislation, that would clearly be preferable, but do you think such a change is possible or is “business as usual” the more likely long term approach?
    Of course. But we are use to having a firearm for self defense here in the US. It is one of the core elements of our culture. And no, we do need some other better gun control. Not a lot as such. But more a stronger enforcement of the laws we do have. The one lacking, which I fully support is Universal back ground checks and no private sales of firearms without one being done would be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Nope. You lack a understanding of our Constitutional process to amend it. And it is not done by popular vote. Think of it somewhat like how we elect a President. Only even more requirements. After a 2/3 Congressional call for a amendment, 3/4 of the States have to ratify it. The representatives of each State must vote for it. Of those who do, for a amendment to pass, 3/4 of the states must approve it.
    So.. by popular opinion.

got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    That's the wonderfully terrible thing about these things. They're harder to preemptively catch than people planning an attack.

And they are a weary resignation. That's why you have terrorists like we have shooters. If we don't care, you do not either.
    I wasn't aware Europe was suffering from a terrorist attack every 1.5 days in the way the US has a mass shooting. Must be my weary resignation
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

You got mad because I said something about the dead. That's the point.

Guns are banned. Shooting still happens. What can you say now?
    The difference is most of the terrorists in Europe are from a certain group of outsiders but most of the shooters in the USA are home grown white folks, guns are not the issue healthcare is.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, authorities are combating terrorism.
    I'm sure they are. Just like they're combating mass shootings in the US. But there are still an alarming amount of terrorism going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Sounds pretty irresponsible to not mention this to anyone. How often do people joke about shooting up a school? Is this normal enough to not be alarmed?
    https://imgur.com/a/wQmKl

He wasn't very subtle about this with his friends, i know friends joke and stuff but this was way too obvious that he was a potential shooter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I agree, but we are not doing that. I mean, even most conservative/republicans agree to *some* small measures in gun control now, but still nothing is being done... that is what I meant.
    I agree more could be done. But some good steps would not even involve more gun control laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    guns are not the issue healthcare is.
    You don't actually believe that, do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    We just need people to do their jobs better. The military adding 4k people to the ban registry after they got caught with their pants down is unacceptable.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8207686.html
    Absolutely. That was one example of how the law enforcement failed to enforce and follow the law too.

That's actually a logical fallacy. Terrorists and school shooters can have similarities, but the path to violence is completely different.
    Person who has slight with society opens fire on/drives through a public space for some form of "justice".

Hmm.

Deleted
    Well, since my thoughts and prayers are useless, I guess I'll raise awareness in Twitter instead.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you here? Oh right, masturbation and mod allowed nation bashing.
    Honestly, I think we deserve a little bashing, because this happens so much more often in our country, than the other first world countries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I wasn't aware Europe was suffering from a terrorist attack every 1.5 days in the way the US has a mass shooting. Must be my weary resignation
    Oh. You only care about people that die in big shootings, not individual shooting victims.

Noted for the future.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    You don't actually believe that, do you?
    I sure do, plenty of places in the EU have guns but have none of this shit, the USA leaves the mentally ill to rot and that needs addressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    Honestly, I think we deserve a little bashing, because this happens so much more often in our country, than the other first world countries.
    Awesome. Start a forum where nation bashing isn't supposed to be banned and go nuts.

Or continue here because the rules are inconsistent.

Oh. You only care about people that die in big shootings, not individual shooting victims.

Noted for the future.
    You think the US comes out better when we include all victims of gun violence?
    your funny.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Still a logical fallacy. You can boil it down to as simple as person kills other people because they feel rejected. It doesn't mean the path to violence is always the same. Or that they're using violence for the same reasons.
    That's like saying the weapon choice doesn't matter. And I'd love for you to say that.