Deleted

Just received tanking trinket from Argus as ret (also in lootspec) Is this a thing?

I don't tank, and on the same kill I received a legendary Ret item, so I'm sure my loot was set correctly. Is this supposed to be possible? Has it happened to any of you?

If you already had the Strengh dps one, yes, the game will reward you the off spec trinkets as time goes on.

If you have the current role trinket you get one for one of your other specs if you happen to get one.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

If you have the dps one already you'll automatically gain the rest eventually whether you want to or not. If you haven't gained the dps one first, were ret spec and then gained the tank one as your first trinket then it's probably a bug worth reporting to blizzard.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Working as intended.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    If you have the current role trinket you get one for one of your other specs if you happen to get one.
    I don't. I've got the healing trinket from one of the first resets months back, but that's it...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noocta View Post
    If you already had the Strengh dps one, yes, the game will reward you the off spec trinkets as time goes on.
    Don't have it. One of the very few reasons I'm even in there.

Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    I don't. I've got the healing trinket from one of the first resets months back, but that's it...
    Once you get one in a specific spec (obv you were in holy loot spec when you got the holy trinket) the rest are random, you can't force the ret trinket no matter what except now you're guaranteed to get it since you have the other 2, or not since it's only a 10% drop rate.

To reiterate, once you have gotten a spec specific one, regardless of what spec, the rest are RNG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Once you get one in a specific spec (obv you were in holy loot spec when you got the holy trinket) the rest are random, you can't force the ret trinket no matter what except now you're guaranteed to get it since you have the other 2, or not since it's only a 10% drop rate.

To reiterate, once you have gotten a spec specific one, regardless of what spec, the rest are RNG.
    What the actual fuck... That's absolutely nuts if that's the case.

It was confirmed in another thread via ticket. So if you were in the wrong loot spec your first time you're basically screwed.

That's pretty terrible design, and I can confirm that how it works. I was balance loot spec hoping for the trinket, and I ended up getting the feral one... I already have Guardian. Oh well.

If healing is your offspec and you were healing it's your own fault you didn't have loot spec set to your main spec.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    My God I hope you're ok...

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    That's pretty terrible design, and I can confirm that how it works. I was balance loot spec hoping for the trinket, and I ended up getting the feral one... I already have Guardian. Oh well.
    Artificial extension of content. Just like Titanforging. It gives you the illusion that there's more content when there isn't. But hey, people keep posting that TF is good design and keeps it "interesting." This must also keep it interesting if TF does.