Beta Key Giveaway Week 3: Winners have been selected!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Yeah, your type (classical) conservatism I can respect. Trump has changed it to his kind though, and a lot of the republicans, with a few noted ones that are resisting, went along with it. Sad...
    Sadly, it started before Trump. Reagan was the first to dismantle it, when he pushed for reckless spending. The neo-conservatives came around, and pushed for colonialism. Then came the Tea Party... who were nothing more than religious conservatives and racists trying to hide what they really were. We are now stuck with the Trumpsters, a bunch of fake neo-liberals and memelords, with a side of white nationalism.

    The textbook example of the change was watching the deconstruction of SuperTony before our very eyes. In the span of about 6-8 months, he want from a typical conservative, to a throw-them-all-from-a-helicopter authoritarian. Ironically, if anyone on this site were to be investigated by the FBI and have their firearms taken away... it'd be him. His behavior perfectly mirrored the Florida shooter's.
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Do you like the internet? Do you like intercontinental travel? Do you like how many diseases you don't die from? Do you like laptops? Well... thanks Nazis!
    Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    Opinions can't be right or wrong. That's what makes them opinions.

  2. #82
    The Squared Circle Connal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    24,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Sadly, it started before Trump. Reagan was the first to dismantle it, when he pushed for reckless spending. The neo-conservatives came around, and pushed for colonialism. Then came the Tea Party... who were nothing more than religious conservatives and racists trying to hide what they really were. We are now stuck with the Trumpsters, a bunch of fake neo-liberals and memelords, with a side of white nationalism.

    The textbook example of the change was watching the deconstruction of SuperTony before our very eyes. In the span of about 6-8 months, he want from a typical conservative, to a throw-them-all-from-a-helicopter authoritarian. Ironically, if anyone on this site were to be investigated by the FBI and have their firearms taken away... it'd be him. His behavior perfectly mirrored the Florida shooter's.

    Good point about Reagan, I agree. “Voodoo Economics” was the start, interestingly Ayn Rand called it as well.




    Not that I am particularly enamored with her, but she did have a point on a few issues in her writing.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Good point about Reagan, I agree. “Voodoo Economics” was the start, interestingly Ayn Rand called it as well.




    Not that I am particularly enamored with her, but she did have a point on a few issues in her writing.
    I think of Ayn Rand a lot like I think about Marx. When it comes to actual economic policy, they are garbage. However, their understanding of human behavior, as well as the failings of a system they opposed, was pretty solid.
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Do you like the internet? Do you like intercontinental travel? Do you like how many diseases you don't die from? Do you like laptops? Well... thanks Nazis!
    Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    Opinions can't be right or wrong. That's what makes them opinions.

  4. #84
    The Squared Circle Connal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    24,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I think of Ayn Rand a lot like I think about Marx. When it comes to actual economic policy, they are garbage. However, their understanding of human behavior, as well as the failings of a system they opposed, was pretty solid.
    Yep, that’s pretty much how I see it, two extremes looking at different parts of an elephant.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    This is funny considering your posts in another thread. Also you didn't answer my question, but i take your dodging as a yes.

    So you are against minimum wage laws but are for laws preventing businesses to hire whoever they want.
    Dude, don't put words in my mouth. I'm not going to keep bothering with you, if you can't be honest.

  6. #86
    The Insane Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    18,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Dude, don't put words in my mouth. I'm not going to keep bothering with you, if you can't be honest.
    I'm not putting words in your mouth. It's a conclusion from your recent posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before.

    A bunch of times actually.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I'm not putting words in your mouth. It's a conclusion from your recent posts.
    Take a lap.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I'm not putting words in your mouth. It's a conclusion from your recent posts.
    You won't convince @Tijuana. He can't even prove even 10% of what he says and the rest is pure nonsense that there's no point. He's so far gone he might as well be in Brazil.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  9. #89
    The Insane Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    18,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Take a lap.
    Is this supposed to mean something? Are you disagreeing with your past self now?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before.

    A bunch of times actually.

  10. #90
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand........

    he's at it again

    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.3888726


    President Trump's private golf club in Westchester County is once again asking the government for permission to hire immigrant waiters, waitresses and cooks — all while Trump continues to push his nationalist "America First" agenda.

    The Trump National Golf Club in Briarcliff Manor sent H-2 visa petitions to the Department of Labor on March 1, saying it wants to employ a number of seasonal foreign workers between May and October, according to records published on the department's website.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand........

    he's at it again

    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.3888726


    President Trump's private golf club in Westchester County is once again asking the government for permission to hire immigrant waiters, waitresses and cooks — all while Trump continues to push his nationalist "America First" agenda.

    The Trump National Golf Club in Briarcliff Manor sent H-2 visa petitions to the Department of Labor on March 1, saying it wants to employ a number of seasonal foreign workers between May and October, according to records published on the department's website.
    Make America Immigrant Again.

    I'd like to see what Trumplestiltskins think of this.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Make America Immigrant Again.

    I'd like to see what Trumplestiltskins think of this.
    Something something, god king, ignore, fake news.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •