Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The best Torbjorn Buff Blizzard will never make

Replacing Torbjorn with another character that has the same kit. Torb the person is pretty irredeemable, so they should just retire him and put his daughter or someone else in his place and let them do the same thing that Torb does.

Bearded, short, builder. Every aspect of Sweden and IKEA fulfilled.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should buff him. His turret should deal 300 damage each hit and Torbjörn himself have complete damage immunity.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by Ishimada View Post
    Bearded, short, builder. Every aspect of Sweden and IKEA fulfilled.
    Swedes are the only people who ever made me feel short as a Dutch person.

Buff him to be at least taller than Reinhardt imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Replacing Torbjorn with another character that has the same kit. Torb the person is pretty irredeemable, so they should just retire him and put his daughter or someone else in his place and let them do the same thing that Torb does.
    Sounds like you haven't read the official comic featuring Bastion and Torb, go do that;
    http://comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/bastion-binary

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to buff him for attack.

Allow him to put his turret on like a moveable wagon and a chain between him and it, kind of like a "pet". So that the turret can be moved, and fairly useful on attack. Maybe reduce dmg a bit on it while moveable.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post

Allow him to put his turret on like a moveable wagon and a chain between him and it, kind of like a "pet". So that the turret can be moved, and fairly useful on attack. Maybe reduce dmg a bit on it while moveable.
    Maybe when they remove him and replace him with a better person/omnic.

They should upgrade the kit. ARMOR PIERCING BULLETS!

hahah, yes! Torb the 'latte pappa', pushing around his baby turret in a stroller.
    https://www.collinsdictionary.com/su...95/latte+pappa

I dunno man, Torb as he is is pretty damn powerful. If the enemy can't find the turret, or if its heavily defended, it can wreck havoc on the enemy positions all while Torb is running around killing people or handing our armor buffs.

He is a pretty underrated hero honestly, but I wouldn't get too upset if he got another ability like D.va did.

10+ Year Old Account

the biggest problem with buffing torb is that he is already strong, annoying and has synergy. and before anyone tries to jump down my throat about it, just because he doesn't fit into the meta or doesn't have a 5% pickrate doesn't mean these things are not true.

The level 1 turret is so stupid and lame, I'd completely do away with it and nerf the lv2 turret's damage and it's HP would be increased to match the severity of the DPS nerf. The current strength of Molten Core and his empowered turret would remain the same. Additionally, I would severely limit how frequently he could repair his turret if not remove the ability to repair it during teamfights at all and either increase his clip size or alt fire's ROF, maybe both. I really think 2-3 more shots out of his alt fire with increased RoF would help him. Also a friggin' button to make him use his armor packs on himself instead of having to hard flick for fucking days every time you want one for survivability.

Except, honestly, it's just a mess. The entire reason you'd have to nerf his damage in the first place is because people would just shift to a torb shield meta and even despite the nerf people will play those kinds of comps anyway because they're not consistent enough to play heroes who require the aim, it makes the game feel lame, and suddenly you have a ton of bastion mains in plat and the whole game is fucked up because the game is still completely different at Masters+ and people who used to play him at that rating are pissed off because they don't enjoy the game anymore.

I hate low skill foor heroes primarily because it just feels degrading to be snubbed so goddamn effortlessly and efficiently by someone who can't even aim, but also because they absolutely destroy the skill rating system when they are too strong. So in that regard, I'm not too miffed about where he is at.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2018-02-18 at 04:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe when they remove him and replace him with a better person/omnic.
    Whoever is the actual person/omnic has 0 importance to me, I don't care about story or appearances etc. I just care about gameplay, and if we have a turret guy, we need to focus on how that hero works rather than how he/she looks.
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Deleted
    Remove lvl 1 turret and increase the cooldown. That would make him more viable all round.

Whoever is the actual person/omnic has 0 importance to me, I don't care about story or appearances etc. I just care about gameplay, and if we have a turret guy, we need to focus on how that hero works rather than how he/she looks.
    The kit is fun... I just would rather not play as a hypocritically racist tiny manchild.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeng View Post
    Remove lvl 1 turret and increase the cooldown. That would make him more viable all round.
    Increasing the cooldown in exchange for removing level 1 wouldn't be the right call imo. Remove level 1, but give it a slightly longer build time (25% - 50% longer) while slightly nerfing the HP seems good enough.
    Last edited by Projectmars; 2018-02-21 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeng View Post
    This would make him incredibly strong lol, calm down Satan.

Deleted
    The problem with tor is pretty much the fact that he's static, if they remove the building of his turret and make it lvl 2 baseline, he could be played offensively and he wouldn't be so vulnerable against those that counter him the most, but he'd also be broken, so they'd have to reduce the turret hp or something, which then again counters him too easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    The kit is fun... I just would rather not play as a hypocritically racist tiny manchild.

EDIT:

Increasing the cooldown in exchange for removing level 1 wouldn't be the right call imo. Remove level 1, but give it a slightly longer build time (25% - 50% longer) while slightly nerfing the HP seems good enough.
    Tiny manchild, maybe, but what is racist about him? I checked through his voicelines, there is nothing he says that I think is racist. And neither is any of his skins, unless you consider his Viking skin racist, which would be an ignorant long shot.

Tiny manchild, maybe, but what is racist about him? I checked through his voicelines, there is nothing he says that I think is racist. And neither is any of his skins, unless you consider his Viking skin racist, which would be an ignorant long shot.
    I assume they're referring to Torb's view of omnics.

Torbjorn's one of the best characters in Overwatch, tbh. Actually has nuance and flaws, instead of just basic personality traits slapped onto a look. He has great qualities and bad qualities, and it makes him an actual person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfectdoll View Post
    I assume they're referring to Torb's view of omnics.
    Well, I am not suprised. In 2018, in-game hate toward robots is considered racism... and people somehow manage to be offended IRL by this, just wow.