Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    So looks like Azerite so far isn't spicing up the bland and uninspired SV build at all as expected. Blizz, please steal my idea you need the help.

Deleted
    Sounds nice but also op or God mode in some situations. Pvp to much heal to much gap closer this prob have a lot other melees two gap closer two heals and a port + full cc is op.

Next problem gcd! reduce via haste. All your dots get a huge damage increase from haste. Lacerate with your off cd makes a harder dot class than feral. But with the full cc chain of a hunter plus the gap closer of a shadow dance rogue and the heal from a lock

You take all positive aspects of all classes without the negative.

Which is the weakness of the class?
    Cc nope
    Dots nope
    Heal nope
    Melee damage nope (you have 10 yard range this is nt melee)
    Range damage probs with castime line of sight no
    Def cd nope

Your suv hunter is the best part of range and melee with a maximum of cc and a lot suv abilitys.

If he is week in damage than he is balanced for pvp but in pve dead. If he is normal in pve damage he is op in pvp. Because of his midrange plus dots heals and all instants

Quote Originally Posted by Liondi View Post
    Sounds nice but also op or God mode in some situations. Pvp to much heal to much gap closer this prob have a lot other melees two gap closer two heals and a port + full cc is op.

Next problem gcd! reduce via haste. All your dots get a huge damage increase from haste. Lacerate with your off cd makes a harder dot class than feral. But with the full cc chain of a hunter plus the gap closer of a shadow dance rogue and the heal from a lock

You take all positive aspects of all classes without the negative.

Which is the weakness of the class?
    Cc nope
    Dots nope
    Heal nope
    Melee damage nope (you have 10 yard range this is nt melee)
    Range damage probs with castime line of sight no
    Def cd nope

Your suv hunter is the best part of range and melee with a maximum of cc and a lot suv abilitys.

If he is week in damage than he is balanced for pvp but in pve dead. If he is normal in pve damage he is op in pvp. Because of his midrange plus dots heals and all instants
    It is intended to be a jack of all trades, master of none, kind of spec. It doesn't have any stuns which is a big deal. It has dots but its not a spec that would rot a team like affliction. It has minor heals. It is still melee with 10 yard range, since it only has ranged utility not a ranged rotation.

Both PVE and PVP damage can easily be balanced so that's why I didn't include damage numbers.

Deleted
    My two cents here and likely an unpopular opinion:

Surv should be more jungler style and stay well away from being the 'engineer'/diablo style demon hunter everyone seems to want it to become.

It works well as melee, it's fun. It just needs hella refining. I'd love to see some sort of stealth type sneaking mechanic within surv and more focus on poisons and ambush.

I Bush, I love you. Solid post.

7+ Year Old Account
    change survival to "shadow hunter", ranged hunter with void bow, dark magic type thing and shadow pets. It would be interesting and kinda fit that story on Argus with one of the Elf Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
    My two cents here and likely an unpopular opinion:

Surv should be more jungler style and stay well away from being the 'engineer'/diablo style demon hunter everyone seems to want it to become.

It works well as melee, it's fun. It just needs hella refining. I'd love to see some sort of stealth type sneaking mechanic within surv and more focus on poisons and ambush.
    aka assassination rogue?

Quote Originally Posted by Bushsbuddy View Post
    So looks like Azerite so far isn't spicing up the bland and uninspired SV build at all as expected. Blizz, please steal my idea you need the help.
    Azerite is nether crucible 2.0, a pale shadow of artifacts.

Classes in Legion will play like if it were Legion but people forgot to complete their artifact quest. That's how incomplete it'll feel outside the few specs that receive significant revamps like demonology warlocks.

It's going to be a disaster and I wouldn't be surprised if people unsub from the boredom of an entire expansion where you just play a stripped down legion spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rootkitt View Post
    aka assassination rogue?
    Not really, although re-reading what I put, I definitely see where you're coming from :P

But no, ultimately I'm thinking of like a poison-tipped spear wielding bloodthirsty tribesman wandering around a jungle. Devoted pet by his side, sneaking around and setting traps, waiting to pounce on his prey. Stealth through camouflage, as opposed to stealth through keeping to the shadows, for example.

I definitely have a very strong image in my head but I'm struggling to articulate it.

Note: Tbh I don't think what I'm asking for is totally different to what is being given. I guess it's just things like the pistol crossbow serpent sting that really bother me and take away from the surv fantasy I imagined. I guess they're doing whats popular though and I suppose that's the right thing to do ultimately.
    Last edited by mmocd12d3b42be; 2018-04-03 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrashmetal View Post
    change survival to "shadow hunter", ranged hunter with void bow, dark magic type thing and shadow pets. It would be interesting and kinda fit that story on Argus with one of the Elf Hunters.
    As you say yourself. It fits the fantasy of ONE race. We don’t need more incentive to play Elves. The world is already too full of them as it is...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    As you say yourself. It fits the fantasy of ONE race. We don’t need more incentive to play Elves. The world is already too full of them as it is...
    As opposed to most hunter tier sets fitting the fantasy of fucking orcs, as if we didn't go through entire expansions of them, a green Jesus, an orange Hitler, and then the motorcycle gang of the rainbow orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    As opposed to most hunter tier sets fitting the fantasy of fucking orcs, as if we didn't go through entire expansions of them, a green Jesus, an orange Hitler, and then the motorcycle gang of the rainbow orcs.
    The Horde should be mainly about Orcs/Trolls and not about Elves. Also, there is a big difference between some Tier sets and an entire class spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    The Horde should be mainly about Orcs/Trolls and not about Elves. Also, there is a big difference between some Tier sets and an entire class spec.
    The Horde is whatever the fuck Blizzard wants them to be, and the game isn't just Horde but Alliance. Fuck orcs.