Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They had tons of content in this expansion. In my taste it wasn't the best expansion but it definitely wasn't the worse.. have you forgot WoD?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRemedy View Post
    No one has ever said that.

Ever.

Except maybe you, as you rage post, eyes welled up with tears that someone didn't agree with you on something

"F-f-fucking f-f-f-fanboys."
    I kind of liked Cata and WOD but WOD especially had a ridiculously damaging lack of content (in patches more specifically).

Legion COULD have been one of the best xpacs for me... the actual content they put in was quite excellent. It was their decisions with certain systems (I don't think I need to even name them at this point) which poisoned the whole expansion for me. I played Legion less than any other WOW expansion and their apparent insistence on end game progression systems might seal the deal as far as permanently staying away from WOW.

It just really seems to me that they designed the expansion to increase total hours played above all else... even making a game that is fun to play and not a chore.

Quote Originally Posted by IceMan1763 View Post
    Legion COULD have been one of the best xpacs for me... the actual content they put in was quite excellent. It was their decisions with certain systems (I don't think I need to even name them at this point) which poisoned the whole expansion for me. I played Legion less than any other WOW expansion and their apparent insistence on end game progression systems might seal the deal as far as permanently staying away from WOW.

It just really seems to me that they designed the expansion to increase total hours played above all else... even making a game that is fun to play and not a chore.
    This 1000x.

Deleted
    MoP was easily the worst expansion ever.. Legion was/is ok but I dont like how its so grindy.

Deleted
    I agree. Legion felt like a chore more than a fun game to play. I hope this isn't going to be how blizzard will design the next expansions. Sooner or later, people are going to realize that its just a bad excuse for making you waste your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldrethalas View Post
    They had tons of content in this expansion. In my taste it wasn't the best expansion but it definitely wasn't the worse.. have you forgot WoD?
    Yeah, they had tons of bad content. Wasn't exactly what I was looking for when I bought the expansion.
    Last edited by mmoc7197edf7e7; 2018-04-28 at 10:27 AM.

End of expansion is indeed pretty dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Legion definitely has its weak points, like any game/expansion, but overall it was pretty damn solid.
    Exactly this

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    OP didn’t play WoD, Cata, or MoP. All of which were worse than Legion.
    Subjective.

WoD I'll agree with hands down. MoP was the best time for me in WoW.

Cata I'd say is worse as well but not a terrible expansion. It just suffered from a poor ending to it all.

Deleted
    I personally found Legion to be the best expansion yet. Potentially endless dungeon progression, finally. It's the same grind as it's always been, but at least there were more options available now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazebel View Post
    MoP was easily the worst expansion ever.. Legion was/is ok but I dont like how its so grindy.
    uwotm8?

MoP was a great expansion, it only got soured by that ridiculous year and several months wait for WoD, but otherwise it was awesome. Timeless Isle is the best patch zone added to this time, IMO and Isle of Thunder was great too, raids were excellent and overall I'd say only the dailies nonsense and dungeons being useless was a flaw there, but to be fair dungeons were useless forever until the stroke of genius on Legion M+, which already alone bloody makes Legion way better than average expansion.

I especially value the fact that MoP was Blizzard's attempt at completely fresh lore injection and it was a great success at that.

In my opinion Legion is stellar - so many awesome things added and done. I am in Alpha and I am genuinely concerned that BfA will be overshadowed by Legion heavily - I just don't feel that grandeur of Legion with Class Questlines, story (heck DK campaign is A+ there), Artifacts and the whole premise of Legion invasion. BfA IMO will be carried by systems introduced in Legion.

Saying that Legion is not at least good, IMO can be disregarded as the usual Blizzard hate, because Legion is objectively a good expansion.

Deleted
    BfA will make Legion look like a masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by trajandreps View Post
    Unfortunately true. For the first time I'm actually not looking forward to an expansion, which I almost don't even want to call BFA because it feels like it's taking more away than it's adding. Especially when it comes to class design.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    uwotm8?

MoP was a great expansion, it only got soured by that ridiculous year and several months wait for WoD, but otherwise it was awesome. Timeless Isle is the best patch zone added to this time, IMO and Isle of Thunder was great too, raids were excellent and overall I'd say only the dailies nonsense and dungeons being useless was a flaw there, but to be fair dungeons were useless forever until the stroke of genius on Legion M+, which already alone bloody makes Legion way better than average expansion.

I especially value the fact that MoP was Blizzard's attempt at completely fresh lore injection and it was a great success at that.

In my opinion Legion is stellar - so many awesome things added and done. I am in Alpha and I am genuinely concerned that BfA will be overshadowed by Legion heavily - I just don't feel that grandeur of Legion with Class Questlines, story (heck DK campaign is A+ there), Artifacts and the whole premise of Legion invasion. BfA IMO will be carried by systems introduced in Legion.

Saying that Legion is not at least good, IMO can be disregarded as the usual Blizzard hate, because Legion is objectively a good expansion.
    MoP was the only expansion I skipped cause talking panda bears is where I draw the line. I mean there have always been.. animal races in WoW but focusing an entire expansion on them? No thanks.

I don't think it was the worst by a long shot. WoD and Cata were far, far worse. But I also don't think its close to the best. I enjoyed MoP, Wrath and BC more. Its closer to the latter, than the former but Legion did have a lot of issues people seem to like to gloss over.

I enjoyed Legion quite a bit. So I respectfully disagree.

Deleted
    This would be my humble rating:
    1. BC
    2.Classic
    3.WOTLK
    4.Legion
    5.MOP
    6.CATA
    7.WOD

Quote Originally Posted by trajandreps View Post
    Huh? BFA just looks like watered down Legion with less content but the same boring/pointless end game progression grind to me.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Huh? BFA just looks like watered down Legion with less content but the same boring/pointless end game progression grind to me.
    1. Six zones, +1 from 7.0 Legion (and they are way bigger).
    2. 10 dungeons (same as Legion, but 8.0 has no Violet Hold style, so all 10 will be available on M+)
    3. First raid: 8 bosses (+1 from EN).
    4. Completely new activities: islands and Warfront (Legion introduce lot of new systems, but all of them was about adding replay value to dungeons, PVP and world content).

Totally less content.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantais View Post
    Some of the players here seems to be praising legion to a point where some of the praise starts to become a little bit delusional. I have a somewhat different opinion about legion and thought it was one of the worst expansions.

• The Story in legion was a bit far fetched, and the lore seems to be build around a spaceship invasion of azeroth.
    • Artifact Power is a boring and mindless grinding loop. Same goes for grinding nethershards and veiled argunites, you just do the same mindless and repetitive grinding over and over again just for the sake of grinding, there is almost no sense of having accomplished anything.
    • Questing was awful in some of the areas. Some of the quests were bugged and would sometimes show a wrong quest mark on the minimap, plus they gave you little experience and poor quest rewards. Some of the questing areas were awful to navigate through, so you would often run into dead ends.
    • Gearing up was a pain in the ass in the beginning and the broken RNG loot system didn't help. It felt like you were wasting your time gearing up for raids.
    • LFR in legion is a joke. I realize its supposed to be for beginners, but seriously. LFR is so mind-numbingly boring and easy that you could go out and make a cup of coffe and come back to pick up your loot. The bosses in LFR are masochists; they don't fight you back, they are just waiting for you to come kill them and grab their treasures.
    • Argus is some of the most boring and uninspiring content ever produced in world of warcraft. You would constantly run into dead ends, the rewards are unexciting and mobs are swarming all over you.
    • Legiondaries are a joke. They are based on RNG so we don't have to do anything to earn them, its disgraceful how blizzard designed this system. What's the point of playing the game if the best items are given to you by luck?
    • World Quests are the same boring and repetitive daily quests, and they often give you worse gear than you already have. Sometimes it takes longer to get to the actual quests than it takes to complete them.
    • Mythic+ takes away your option to decide what dungeons you want to play, so the RNG in the game will decide that for you instead. You won't get any loot from any boss besides the final boss (which often gives you useless AP instead). Seems like a lazy game design to make you spend more time playing the game.
    • PvP is problably the worst of any expansion.

Summary, legion was a boring singleplayer RNG grindfest with the same mindless grinding over and over again. It felt like grinding for the sake of grinding, and it felt like a job rather than an enjoyable game to play
    Legion is the worst expansion ever because you find LFR a joke and you get lost in Argus..... mmmmmkay!

THE worst? Did you ever fucking play WoD? Because it's very clear you never fucking played WoD.

I don't even need to read your OP to know you definitely, most certainly, did not play WoD.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.