Deleted

Question about the protection hidden appearance

Do I need to read the Saga of the Valarjar every time before I venture inside the cave, or is it enough to just read it once? I've had my warrior alt parked outside the cave for a week now and not getting the emote.

Only once will do and you dont eben need to be prot just check your text log for the sounds

Deleted
    Still haven't seen it. Does the emote pop up "quickly" when you're inside the cave or will it pop up eventually if you fly around the cave?

The emote will just pop. Just fly to the obsidian landing and log out there each night and check the cave when you log in. Easiest way.

Good luck!

Also with the 4-piece Prot bonus chances are the mage tower should go fast, so make sure you put in the work on that.

It pops up right as you enter.
    If you're afraid that you missed it you could always run: /run print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44311))
    If that one returns "true" then you should just be able to loot the shield.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Still haven't seen it. Does the emote pop up "quickly" when you're inside the cave or will it pop up eventually if you fly around the cave?
    As soon as you enter the neltharion's cave( dont know the exact name, i just know it's neltharion's something) and get the "You hear a strange roar from the cavern ahead" quotes in chat, you have yourself a hidden artifact, and you don't need that stupid macro, the game gives you all you need. The sad part is that at the beginning of the expansion, there was a bug, involving resetting instances which also reset the cave, this way you could " farm " the appearance, not needing to wait a day each time you checked for availability. ( obviously it got hotfixed a while back)
    Last edited by Th3D0n; 2018-02-23 at 09:17 AM.

Happens just outside the cave at the entrance afaik, and like the Arms hidden, is basically a chance daily to get the trigger. I tried the spot daily for 2-3 weeks and just got it last night.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Do I need to read the Saga of the Valarjar every time before I venture inside the cave, or is it enough to just read it once? I've had my warrior alt parked outside the cave for a week now and not getting the emote.
    I didn't read the Saga on my newest (void elf) warrior and found her hidden appearance on day 1 of 110.

So either the 'read the Saga' thing is account wide (because I did do that on my gnome/draenei warriors) or it isn't actually a requirement.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2018-02-25 at 10:04 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I didn't read the Saga on my newest (void elf) warrior and found her hidden appearance on day 1 of 110.

So either the 'read the Saga' thing is account wide (because I did do that on my gnome/draenei warriors) or it isn't actually a requirement.
    I don't think it's so much 'read the saga' as 'be AK level X' which is denoted by how far along in the sagas you are.

Deleted
    Just a little a heads up; the appearance is up today in the EU.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is that how it works? I thought it was a personal chance, not turned on for the entire region like the arms appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    Is that how it works? I thought it was a personal chance, not turned on for the entire region like the arms appearance.
    It is personal, I guess he's just not aware of it.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I think it's more frequent and easy now. Got it on the first try on my warrior this week. The macro works well.
    A note tho : I was in Arms spec. The quest was tagged as true.
    I've took 15minutes in the cave, checking every gold piece, one by one, without finding the scale.
    I've specced into prot, and the scale literally appears on the gold piece I was on.

So if you've got the flag of the quest, and are not finding the scale in the cavern, go in prot' spec