Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Exclamation Legion killed Gladiator Stance

Legion brought the artifact system, where you are locked to one single weapon at each of your roles/specs.

Playing a dps warrior with shield would be impossible in this system, because you would use 1 weapon for 2 roles. It would be unnecessary for a prot warrior to invest time into an other weapon, just to have an offspec dps role.

I want Gladiator's Resolve back as a talent once we get rid of this artifact weapon system, because I (and many other warriors) just need a mid-tier (aka decent) dps offspec for non-tanking situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    Legion brought the artifact system, where you are locked to one single weapon at each of your roles/specs.

Playing a dps warrior with shield would be impossible in this system, because you would use 1 weapon for 2 roles. It would be unnecessary for a prot warrior to invest time into an other weapon, just to have an offspec dps role.

I want Gladiator's Resolve back as a talent once we get rid of this artifact weapon system, because I (and many other warriors) just need a mid-tier (aka decent) dps offspec for non-tanking situations.
    If Warriors can have a single talent that switches them between a DPS prot warrior and a Tank prot warrior, I want Guardian and Feral merged.

Actually, both of those are entirely reasonable. Bring it on, Blizz!

Cool story. Except WoD killed gladiator stance, while it also introduced gladiator stance. Learn about gladiator stance, the shortest spec in WoW history. Lasted a couple of months, y u pining?

Okay and what makes warriors so special that they deserve such special treatment?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    If Warriors can have a single talent that switches them between a DPS prot warrior and a Tank prot warrior, I want Guardian and Feral merged.

Actually, both of those are entirely reasonable. Bring it on, Blizz!
    Apples and oranges. Feral is a cat, uses energy and combo points as resource, it can go stealth and have minimal defense. Guardian is a bear, uses rage as resource. Completely different manifestations of a class.

Gladiator Stance however just removes threat generation, boosts dps output, gets a bit weaker defense. Everything else remain the same: your appearance won't change, only 1 single ability changes (or changed back in WoD), your weapons and fight style won't change. Only a bit different rotation and better dps output, that's it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Okay and what makes warriors so special that they deserve such special treatment?
    What made warriors so special and got such special treatment back in WoD when the thing was real? Ask the devs, but my bet is class fantasy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    Cool story. Except WoD killed gladiator stance, while it also introduced gladiator stance. Learn about gladiator stance, the shortest spec in WoW history. Lasted a couple of months, y u pining?
    Think: Because they developed Legion already and they came to the point where the talent wouldn't be able to exist in the current artifact system.

WoD almost killed WoW itself.
    It's not really a fair statement about only Glad Stance.

Apples and oranges. Feral is a cat, uses energy and combo points as resource, it can go stealth and have minimal defense. Guardian is a bear, uses rage as resource. Completely different manifestations of a class.

Gladiator Stance however just removes threat generation, boosts dps output, gets a bit weaker defense. Everything else remain the same: your appearance won't change, only 1 single ability changes (or changed back in WoD), your weapons and fight style won't change. Only a bit different rotation and better dps output, that's it.
    Feral Combat was originally a spec about swapping role during combat via shapeshifting. I'm annoyed and sad that it has been reduced to "just a DPS spec". It has seriously damaged its gameplay and identity.

What you basically just said if feral is a rogue that looks like a cat. Not happy with that.

I don't mean to derail your thread, though. I just think both that request and the merge Feral+Guardian requests are completely reasonable and should both be implemented.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    WoD almost killed WoW itself.
    It's not really a fair statement about only Glad Stance.
    That's why I posted it in the warrior forum, not in the general one, and I said Legion killed it, not WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    Feral Combat was originally a spec about swapping role during combat via shapeshifting. I'm annoyed and sad that it has been reduced to "just a DPS spec". It has seriously damaged its gameplay and identity.

What you basically just said if feral is a rogue that looks like a cat. Not happy with that.

I don't mean to derail your thread, though. I just think both that request and the merge Feral+Guardian requests are completely reasonable and should both be implemented.
    Currently they are rogues looking like cats, and they are warriors looking like bears. That's one of the reasons I don't see fantasy in WoW's druids and I don't like them.

I remember the situation with druids, and it's a good reason to have other classes more options, before some wild DH comes here asking for a healer role.

Gladiator Stance wasn't a real spec, it just added some flavor and flexibility to prot warriors. I myself still do most of the non-instanced content as prot, because I like the style and I don't mind if it takes a little longer to kill some mobs or elites.
    Last edited by mmoc9aac36c166; 2018-02-16 at 10:50 AM.

For crying out loud can we stop seeing these type of posts every freaking day! you make the warrior community seem like a cry baby that lost its lolipop >.>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    For crying out loud can we stop seeing these type of posts every freaking day! you make the warrior community seem like a cry baby that lost its lolipop >.>
    If we do it loud and long enough, it will be back. Like WoW: Classic.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

What made warriors so special and got such special treatment back in WoD when the thing was real? Ask the devs, but my bet is class fantasy.

- - - Updated - - -

Think: Because they developed Legion already and they came to the point where the talent wouldn't be able to exist in the current artifact system.
    lololol

Cat form and bear form used to be in one single spec named feral, and druid could switch from tank to dps in with just shapeshifting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alphalion View Post
    lololol

Cat form and bear form used to be in one single spec named feral, and druid could switch from tank to dps in with just shapeshifting
    As I said, I can remember the times... read again.

Legion artifacts are the same issue with feral/druids: 1 single weapon would be enough to cover 2 roles. It's not acceptable in a system where you have to invest time into each of your specs and weapons to keep you subbed for longer.

Romans invented the gladiator stance and blizzard killed it in WOD

Deleted
    Druids already have the special treatment of having 4 specs.

- - - Updated - - -

Does not matter at all, because it's not about specs but about forms. It does not matter which spec you have, you bear form has rage. And your cat form always has energy. And your caster forms always have mana, in every spec. The only reason to separate Feral and Guardian has been to not have hybrid specs, probably because PvP reasons, and because Blizzard has been removing hybridisation for a long time. So, they could have made Gladiator a DPS spec with 1H + Shield, it's not like it has not been popular. But they decided to keep the special treatment of 4 specs for druids only.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Druids already have the special treatment of having 4 specs.

- - - Updated - - -

Does not matter at all, because it's not about specs but about forms. It does not matter which spec you have, you bear form has rage. And your cat form always has energy. And your caster forms always have mana, in every spec. The only reason to separate Feral and Guardian has been to not have hybrid specs, probably because PvP reasons, and because Blizzard has been removing hybridisation for a long time. So, they could have made Gladiator a DPS spec with 1H + Shield, it's not like it has not been popular. But they decided to keep the special treatment of 4 specs for druids only.
    It matters when someone thinks that it's a special treatment if you keep your appearance (armor, weapons, form, resource, style, abilities), but you can step out of your main role and do dps instead.

The reason, why Gladiator was not a 4th spec, is the reason I wrote above: 95% of the style remained, got almost nothing new (only 1 ability swapped), yet it could fulfill a different role. That's why you can't really compare druids with warriors in this matter, and I think druids well deserve their 4th spec for this exact reason.

And the reason is Legion and the artifact system for killing "hybrids".

I like how if something isn't beating something else into the dirt then it must be dead.

Glad was fun.

I played it in HFC when it was "dead". But it was fun as hell being "dead".

Deleted
    I mean classes get things.

What makes mages so special that they can teleport around the world at will

What makes druids so special that they get 4 specs

Don't care about Gladiator Stance, but I don't see the issue

Blizzard killed Gladiator stance during WOD by balancing it out of contention, and due to the fact that Rallying Cry (a powerfull raid buff) was not part of the package deal. It's not like it was player choice for Gladiator to die or that people didn't want it, plenty of people asked for changes to Gladiator during WOD to make it competitive as a raiding choice.

It's like Survival in Legion where it was balanced to effectively be useless and so nobody played it, maybe had they made it competitive from the start instead of useless it would have been more popular. New specs need to have a chance and need to be treated fairly, with Gladiator it felt like Blizzard had decided it was over just a couple of weeks into Highmaul.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Gladiator stance was killed long before Legion. It was terrible after those first few weeks of Highmaul. They also said they didn't like the design of Gladiator and won't be going back to it any time soon.

I retired my WoD Warrior when they removed Gladiator. I miss it dearly but in fairness, much like when they removed stance dancing, I did move on. I'd be up for it's return or even it as a fourth spec if they ever think about giving them to the non-druid classes.