Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Yep, bugs...
    The reason classic is called classic is because it will be "remastered" version of vanilla.
    Blizzard would never downgrade their server code back to "shit" it was. It was unoptimized and buggy as f**k!
    Heck, in Vanilla WoW you could exploit a way to log in into anyone's account if you had username. You think Blizzard would allow that? Holy hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqur View Post
    Yep, bugs...
    Heck, in Vanilla WoW you could exploit a way to log in into anyone's account if you had username. You think Blizzard would allow that? Holy hell no.
    Being on BattleNet, authenticators will be used.

Not sure of this EZ way to log into someone elses account. Perhaps it's just something someone told you, that you are parroting here.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    You really think WoW token is there to prevent gold sellers? lool. Explain me how selling 180k gold for $16 will prevent people from buying 1Million gold for $10.
    Well, from what i can tell since the token the gold spammers stopped. Of course there are people who still buy from Gold sellers

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I like the way you presented this. I don't agree with all of it, but it's well written and your thoughts are clearly conveyed.

Sadly, it won't matter as there are a vocal minority that are convinced that they are 100% right and will not accept any compromises, even ones that wounldn''t even affect them.
    Well the people can have a loud opnion but blizz doesnt have to do it their way. If they really would do a 100% Vanilla server they would already be open for the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Patch 1.12 does not capture the full extent of the Classic Experience. The only reason why people seem to be ok with this is because private servers are forced to run 1.12 due to limitations. Since Blizzard won't be bound by these, they can give a more authentic experience than those illegal frauds ever could.
    1.12 does this better than any other patch level.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Don't state this like it's a fact, cause it's not. And certainly not for a fresh start.
    So, wheres the obivous facts im missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Bugs, yes.

The rest, no thanks.

Tokens ruin the value of gold, which many people underestimate. Gold in Vanilla IS Power. Blizzard is more efficient at preventing botting and account thefts nowadays. If you think I want to PVP against someone will full flasks/potions/buffs because they paid for power, guess again. If someone wants to risk a ban for buying gold, by all means - hope they get tossed.

Graphics may be all well and fine for PVE, but when it comes to PVP, the version that has the slightest edge will be the one used, as an advantage. Player detection may be on uneven ground. Responsiveness may be a factor as well.

Phasing. No. I want a server community. If someone on my server is nearby, I WANT to see them. CRZ blows too, but don't think you mentioned that.

Addons simply nerf challenge, complexity. If anything limit addon interaction to very basic functionality, like in the original.

I'm not sure what Blizzard has in mind for engine upgrades, but if it does not "feel" like Vanilla, then it's just another Hollywood reboot. We all know how well those end, don't we?
    Well i agree if they have counter measures now that prevent the gold sellers like the tokens do then there is no reason to not do it this way.

Quote Originally Posted by MMKing View Post
    I can already see it.

Looking for more to form pre-made. ''insert the common generic requirements, skill, gear, class, time etc''. Need to spend real life money to purchase consumables if needs be.

The wow token for gold only works on retail because gold holds no actual value. In classic wow, people will farm materials for hours on end for gold that you bought with real life money. So that you can spend 30-60 gold an hour winning battlegrounds, facing people that will think twice before using consumables that may win them the game. Playing in a WSG premade, facing an opposing premade is probably the most expensive endeavor you can engage in, short of progress raiding in Naxxramas.
    I never said the token is the perfect solution but the best we have. If there is a way to prevent the gold spam and leave the token out of WoW:C im down for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I consider myself a purist, but I have no problem with things like improved graphics/animations/models (as long as they are optional), bug fixes, bnet integration, better API (the original one basically allowed you to cheese), that kind of stuff. But things like CRZ, LFG/R or class balance are huge red flags for me.
    i love your point. Why force people to have it my way if there if it can be as simple as a switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    A BIG FU**ING NO! to achivements.

achivements is like gearscore-light. If you have it then people will be:

"LFM: MC Pug. Link achi or no invite".

F**K that shit.
    Agree on that but still think it should be in there. At least the stats. I would be complitly cool with that if only you and your friends can see your achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I hope blizz keeps every damn vanilla bug in game along with the 2004 shit ass game engine just to show people how damn bad the game was back then. It was grindy, buggy, laggy, and more imbalanced than people these days could ever fucking imagine.

I hope the new classic wow servers crash and burn every nostalgia cry baby away from WoW forever
    That makes no sense. They want the people to play the game. If there are game breaking bugs in there that make the people leave it was all for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ton00 View Post
    yeah like blizz is going leave broken op skills in game like unlimited fears etc dream on
    Thats classic. I agree that over the time i have come to the conculsion that blizz cant balance the classes and just buffes every class once in a while so that every class is considered overpowered for a limited time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I see only one reason this was posted from an alt account. Because the OP wanted to spark a new pruist vs non purist discussion.

It takes a complete retard to say that those specific things will make everyone happy.

You get 1 point simply for the lenght of the post

1/10
    Not a alt account. Im not here to make people throw shit at each other (if i really want that i would just need to get to the next bar). And yes, i actually think this is the best approach to make everybody happy. If it is so retarted, please help me to understand whats so wrong about my post.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I hope blizz keeps every damn vanilla bug in game along with the 2004 shit ass game engine just to show people how damn bad the game was back then. It was grindy, buggy, laggy, and more imbalanced than people these days could ever fucking imagine.

I hope the new classic wow servers crash and burn every nostalgia cry baby away from WoW forever
    *Said the person in complete denial about the fact that the current retail casual-pleb version of wow is utter garbage and Vanilla is superior in each and every way*
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

The graphics and models toggle sounds good in concept but now that I've actually seen it up close what they actually do is stretch the old models over the new animations and it's unsettling when closely examined. I would not support that. I'd rather have it all look consistently derpy than half-and-half.

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    *Said the person in complete denial about the fact that the current retail casual-pleb version of wow is utter garbage and Vanilla is superior in each and every way*
    How? I hear that a lot but no one ever backs it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    This is the single argument about classic I cannot get behind. It's literally saying "The game was terrible and unbalanced, but being so bad is what made it good."

What the actual hell?
    I can get behind darn near anything that added any sense of immersion or differing gameplay. Running out of arrows or training lockpicking were inconvenient, but added class identity and unique experiences, so I can support those. Game-breaking bugs, laughably non-viable class specs, or auction houses/mailboxes that are pointlessly tedious and injure your wrists have no positive sides.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-02-19 at 10:39 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

I don't want to point to the door again, but "toggle" theme doesn't belong to classic, given that the universal rule requires the same display of shared world for everyone on server INCLUDING MODELS (forms+animations+colors, I could also add sounds because they are also related to shared world and falls under the same general rule, but this isn't so critical), also models are part of gameplay and part of customization (RP). For not duplicate everything that already has been said a lot times: read more here and here. Separate note for other settings: I would add here classic distance of drawing (fog of war), old weather/day-parts effects and animation-stuff like cloak "physics" etc. The rest (shadows, water, shaders, etc.) can be optional or even only new, since "children" want "graphics".

They pushing new models on us in retail, why can't we push old ones on them in classic? Justice!

It would be fair to make models'-sets programmatically part of character customization (or like transmogrification?) for both retail and classic, and everyone would be happy, but they decided otherwise and began spoil old models starting with WoD-pre-patch (part of armor and effects began to adapt to new models already then) - toggle is a lie.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2018-02-20 at 10:08 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__