Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    The level of hype people have over a fictional possibility is bordering on ridiculous. And Black Panther doesn't give a positive image of Africa. It gives a positive image of a fictional kingdom within Africa, which wants nothing to do the rest of the world, regardless of race, gender or ethnicity.

Just glad I live in a sensible developing country where I won't get shit for going to see it on opening night for not being the right colour.
    So it should have been Black Separatist instead of Black Panther?
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    The point of the movie is that it's impossible to close yourself off and pretend the rest of the world doesn't exist. Since you will inevitably have to deal with foreigners somehow, it's better to embrace it and have that interaction be on your terms, rather than being forcibly opened up and overrun.
    No it's not. Not in the context of Wakanda.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Such a weird PoV to take considering NOT helping other people could just as easily risk the well being of the citizens of your country. See WW1 and WW2. Then look at Africa and the danger to people in countries bordering destabilized regions. Then look at ISIS. Then look at a history book for about 500 more examples in the last 1000 years alone.
    Again, not in the context of Wakanda, there has never been a country like Wakanda with a Utopia in the real world.
    Opening up the borders and revealing your true level of wealth and technology will bring:
    - Foreign spies trying to steal everything you have
    - Criminal organizations on a much higher scale than Klaue
    - Immigrants from other African countries in the millions

This will all bring social and economical de-stabilization, riots, rape, murders, etc... into a country that has enjoyed peace, wealth and luxury.

If you WANT that to happen, you are a crazy person, a nutjob, a psych case, absolute retard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Exactly my point.
    You are either a diluted leftist, someone with absolutely no life experience, living in a bubble, someone so naive that thinks the world is made of hugs and rainbows.
    I don't know. I live in a country that had to live through both Fascist and Communist regimes. We have been invaded several times in history by foreign nations. Turks / Germans / Russians.

I don't think that someone from America (if you are) can comprehend something like that. Americans never experienced an overwhelming foreign invasion, haven't experienced what Europe is going through with all the refugies and immigrants. Was your money ever so bad because of wars, that you had to cut off a few zeroes off the end just to make it managable?

You know nothing Mormolyce.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Let Wales (and Scotland) have their independence - we'll stop subsidising them, watch them collapse then take them over as part of England and kick start the Empire again.
    If you stopped "subsidising" us (lol) then we would have to charge you for the power/reservoir/etc capacity you're dependant on us for. That or just cut it off to balance the books.

Oh and FYI England never took over Wales, a Welshman became king of England and joined the two into one Kingdom (Scotland and Ireland would later be added to this "United" Kingdom).

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    You are either a diluted leftist, someone with absolutely no life experience, living in a bubble, someone so naive that thinks the world is made of hugs and rainbows.
    I don't know. I live in a country that had to live through both Fascist and Communist regimes. We have been invaded several times in history by foreign nations. Turks / Germans / Russians.

I don't think that someone from America (if you are) can comprehend something like that. Americans never experienced an overwhelming foreign invasion, haven't experienced what Europe is going through with all the refugies and immigrants. Was your money ever so bad because of wars, that you had to cut off a few zeroes off the end just to make it managable?

You know nothing Mormolyce.
    I'm not American, nor a "leftist" and you mean "deluded"

Also, I know bullshit when I see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Thanks for the hilarious read. I get what you’re doing now. Might want to work on your delivery and timing if that comedy career is ever going to take off.
    Since you have no counter arguments, I think our discussion is over.
    That goes both for you and Mormolyce.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Just glad I live in a sensible developing country where I won't get shit for going to see it on opening night for not being the right colour.
    I live in the US and am white, and got absolutely nothing negative from anyone when I went to see it on Saturday, so which country are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I live in the US and am white, and got absolutely nothing negative from anyone when I went to see it on Saturday, so which country are you referring to?
    Same. I even dared to defy those black racial purists by seeing it with my black girlfriend! The horror I didn't suffer!
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    same. I even dared to defy those black racial purists by seeing it with my black girlfriend! The horror i didn't suffer!
    scandalous!

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    Since you have no counter arguments, I think our discussion is over.
    That goes both for you and Mormolyce.
    You have to make an argument for there to be a counter argument.

"OMG UR A LEFTIST HURR" isn't one kek.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.