Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I was human because I wanted a typical "holy knight" character. I've jumped between Alliance and Horde a lot over the years, though, so it's changed (sometimes I would make a Dwarf or a Draenei on Alliance side). This time I am going back to Horde for BfA so I made this latest Nobleshield a Tauren, also because I plan to RP with my fiance and she decided to change her priest to a Tauren as well.

However, I have already told her, if they allow Zandalari Paladins, I am race changing to that immediately, because de Light an' de Loa protect us, mon
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2018-07-01 at 01:09 PM.

Blood Elf, because of the racial for pvp is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Noa View Post
    Blood Elf, because of the racial for pvp is really good.
    This will end in just a little bit more than a month

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Blood Elf since half of the paladin helmets look awful on Tauren

Human, because Humans and Dwarves are the only real Paladins but I wanted to be tall.

Deleted
    Lightforged of course! Why? Because... LIIIIIIIGHT forged!

(I had a human paladin, but deleted it and started from scratch with a LF for the heritage armor)

Tauren, because belf sucks, and there is no more options in the horde and Tauren holy imposes respect

Human, because I only play Alliance and dislike the alternatives.

Tauren, because I don't like elf and I'm interested in the whole Sunwalker background, get disappointed when discovered that no pally ability (or glyph) is tauren themed, but I've managed to create a nice set of transmog so all is well.

I've got a belf paladin, because Horde and what else to play there.
    Then I got dorf paladin on alliance who was a human before. He had the same looks as Blazor from the machinima "Tales of the Past".

But since Blizz screwed over humans with the charater remodel I changed him to dorf. Male dorfs are the only character models on Alliance which are faithful to the original while improving it. The rest just sucks donkey balls.

My Paladin is human as I really like the lore behind Uther, the Silver Hand knights and all that WIII Paladin stuff. I didn't like Dwarves as much as all their animations kind of looked similar back when we had the old models.

I have for every spec/playstyle another paladin

Alliance:
    Dwarf - Protection
    Draenei - Holy
    Human - Retribution
    LF Draenei - Holy dps (though levelling is quite slow since 7.3.5)

Horde:
    Tauren - Protection
    Blood Elf - Holy
    Zandalari (I hope) - Retribution

And what I try to do, is to take different talents for both of my protection paladins, both Holy, etc. (if possible).

Deleted
    My pally is a befl, because I'm not playing tauren. If zandalari can be paladin, I'm going to level that.

My paladin was a dwarf since 2007/2008 But I recently faction changed to horde so now he is a female blood elf. I have 3 tauren characters already 1 being plate. And Males look goofy as hell. so yeah, female blood elf is the only option left.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    I'm curious what race(and gender) you chose for your paladin and what the reason is for that.

I'm currently human male paladin since it just...fits it feels like for me. I think of Uther, the Highlords Alexandros Mograine and Tirion Fordring, Turalyon, etc.

I know some people consider humans boring but to me, armor looks best on them. I have been thinking of race changing to a male Lightforged Draenei though... but I can't get past the hoof thing. >_>
    Human male as well, since:
    1. best looking gear
    2. Uther
    3. non intrusive animations (like dwarfs wobbling around, or Taurens just too large, can't even see what you're fighting)

I am Murloc!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    I'm curious what race(and gender) you chose for your paladin and what the reason is for that.

I'm currently human male paladin since it just...fits it feels like for me. I think of Uther, the Highlords Alexandros Mograine and Tirion Fordring, Turalyon, etc.

I know some people consider humans boring but to me, armor looks best on them. I have been thinking of race changing to a male Lightforged Draenei though... but I can't get past the hoof thing. >_>
    Male Tauren. Sunwalkers seem to be pretty cool

My pally is a blood elf, has been since BC, right up until Legion, where he became a Draenei, because I switched factions to play with a friend. But now he's back in his elfy goodness.

Originally, well, I'm one of those people who always like elves. Been playing them since AD&D. But also, I loved the idea of the original Blood Elves, the dark take. The trapped Naaru. The Blood Knights with the different black/red look. Lady Liadrin becoming disenfranchised by the failure of the Light to protect Silvermoon from the Scourge and taking up a much more direct fight by becoming the first. The whole story was just intriguing. Not to mention how cool Champion Vranesh looks patrolling the city.

Went with a dwarf because they're the closest to gnomes I can get

Lightforged. I love that they're sci-fi and have space ships, transporter tech, Iron Man suits, tatts, a forehead thingy, an orbital Protoss nuke, and that they're walking bombs filled with Holy Light goodness and hurting.

Played a Blood Elf for the most part, but only due to lack of options. Human Paladin is the only thing that works for me thematically, mainly because I connect Dwarves more to the warrior class (Avatar, Dual Wielding 2 hand hammers, Mountain King style) and Draenei always felt like a weird addition to the game for the longest part (up until Wod).