Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    if you choose to cheat on your husband with Jamal
    You know, in addition to your usually pretty disgusting posts regarding how you think most women behave, your choice in name here is really very telling.

And the wife gets compensated for sitting on her ass and watching soap operas. Don't even try to say that housekeeping takes 8 hours a day ( as long as the man works ). Then you add in how many years the man spent on an education and you come to the conclusion that being a housewife is pretty fucking sweet. But wait, it gets better. Apart from having a decent life and being provided for, if you choose to cheat on your husband with Jamal and then ask for a divorce you get half his shit and monthly payments as alimony.

And some mad fucks will claim men aren't second rate citizens in the US.
    Would it be okay to cheat with someone named David?

And some mad fucks will claim men aren't second rate citizens in the US.
    No doubt you have plenty of firsthand experience about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Well I got 10 years less than you and have seen ladies that just sat around at the house smoking weed get 20 years world of pay out of a guy that put her though school and she just did nothing with it.
    It can happen, I've seen this, just reverse he/she. She put him through law school (completed) and he prefers pot and minimum wage jobs. And he wants alimony.

There will always be shitty situations like this. That's why in theory you should gtfo early - less than 5 years in it should be manageable, 1-2 years alimony max.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Would it be okay to cheat with someone named David?
    Yes, definitely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    You know, in addition to your usually pretty disgusting posts regarding how you think most women behave, your choice in name here is really very telling.
    Oh? And how do I think women must behave?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    No doubt you have plenty of firsthand experience about that.
    Nah, I live in a country where feminism hasn't poisoned the justice system yet.

Ah yes, alimony.
    I remember the face of a freshly divorced man seeking financial aid for his medication. If your income is low enough you can get them more or less for free if you meet the conditions set by your state-owned insurance carrier (loosely translated prescription charge exemption).
    I worked there for just a few weeks, but even i saw immediately that he had no chance whatsoever to get a prescription charge exemption.
    He had to pay alimony for 2 kids and his ex-wife, and quite a bit at that. So i tried to let him down gently.
    Of course he was not happy, and demanded an explanation.
    I put it as simply as i could: Alimony for kids and wife is not a business- or necessity-based expense, but a personal expense. No one forced him to marry, or have 1 or more kids. And the state/insurance carrier does not take them into account for calculating the exemption.

He did not say anything, but i swear i could hear his internal screaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

My wife made huge sacrifices to her career so i could go to school and get a job that could support us both. It would really suck to have to pay alimony, but it would be completely fair to pay something for at least a decade.

Both parents are not “expected” to work. Both parents tend to work because it is nearly impossible to support a family on one income today.

In many marriages one person makes a lot more money than the other. Alimony, actually Spousal Support as it is called today, is granted for a period of time so the person making less has a chance to better their earning potential and support themselves. There is a formula for how many years it is paid based on earning capacity and years of marriage.

its kinda like white guilt, but.. male guilt? perhaps?

or an archaic practice we havent lost akin to marraige, the war on drugs etc.

or some misplaced outlet for faux-chilvalry that shouldnt be a thing since we're all evidently "mysoginists" if we are masculine anyhow.

aka society in the usa is VERY broken in the last decade and i dont see it righting itself soon enough.

in the end - dont get married. its litereally a lose on almost every front for men now. a gain on almost every front for a woman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same reason why its still mostly present all over the world; laws are not quick to follow societal changes / progress.

This is literally a troll thread, but people still post in it. SMH.

Deleted
    It's easily preventable though: just don't get married!

If you do, then you have willingly and knowingly decided to take this risk.

Quote Originally Posted by klepp0906 View Post
    its kinda like white guilt, but.. male guilt? perhaps?

or an archaic practice we havent lost akin to marraige, the war on drugs etc.

or some misplaced outlet for faux-chilvalry that shouldnt be a thing since we're all evidently "mysoginists" if we are masculine anyhow.

aka society in the usa is VERY broken in the last decade and i dont see it righting itself soon enough.

in the end - dont get married. its litereally a lose on almost every front for men now. a gain on almost every front for a woman.
    When women make more money than their spouses and get divorced, they can have to pay alimony too. I met someone who that happened to.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Laws don't change as quickly as cultures do, obviously. A thankful thing to be sure but unpleasant for the people in these situations. A lot of the time it's buyer beware but no, to not know you're being played is literally what it means to be played.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Its fucking shit left over and wont go away, They get rid of it and feminists will scream. Dividing half the assets up is pretty fucking shit as well, you take from the marriage what you brought. If you were a trophy wife and didnt do shit you shouldnt get shit.
    Oh yeah...all those feminist trophy wives and crazy left wingers that make women stay home to take care of the kids.... Seriously, do you read what you post?

Just marry women who are richer than you, christ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

It is very simple.

Back in the days, if you wanted a partner, if you wanted a family, you had to get married. There was no other way, at all. So people did.

Nowadays, there is literally no reason to get married. There isn't one. Marriage is a scam, it's the worst deal that you can make - you are gambling half of your life to something that has 50/50 chance to fail, and you get absolutely no reward whatsoever in case you "win".

You can be with the same partner for 50 years without getting married. Nobody is stopping you, nobody is judging you, nothing. There is literally no reason, at all, to get married.