Sweden's asylum politics criticised by human rights chief

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel...rtikel=6887837

An influential human rights organisation has criticised Sweden's deportations to Afghanistan, and the use of medical age tests on young asylum seekers.

Nils Muižnieks is the Commissioner for Human Rights at the Council of Europe, the 47 country group that also contains the European Court of Human Rights.

He says that a range of measures should be used to determine whether an asylum seeker is over 18, not just MRI scans of the knee joints and x-rays of the wisdom teeth. Where there is doubt, he says, the person should be believed.

He also thinks Sweden is wrong to simply see Kabul as a safe place to deport those refused asylum.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the most generous countries in Europe for refugees are violating human rights with our laws?

Well, Kabul isn't safe in the slightest.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they shouldnt be believed at all. If there is doubt, then the person isnt to be believed. Rather safe than sorry.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like the guy is a fucking moron.

Not surprising though.

If I remember the article I read last night, the guy in question in Latvian or Lithuanian and has worked directly under George Soros. So well, there you have it, of course he's against it and complains

Considering that many so called children are ending up in schools with other children, end up being adults, and if you have to believe their words then you have no idea of their criminal background, they then pose a risk to the children, that is unacceptable.

In such cases, you should always refuse entry.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    stop race baiting.
    How is this even race baiting?

i don't know what has bred such weakness in europe, but it has to stop before things go too far.

people like him should be purged from leadership in europe.

How is it not. Look you're already attracting the fascists and racists.
    Me thinking the guy is an idiot is race baiting now?

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    How is this even race baiting?
    because you're not bending over and offering your ass to immigrants.

nothing less than that will appease these fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel...rtikel=6887837

An influential human rights organisation has criticised Sweden's deportations to Afghanistan, and the use of medical age tests on young asylum seekers.

Nils Muižnieks is the Commissioner for Human Rights at the Council of Europe, the 47 country group that also contains the European Court of Human Rights.

He says that a range of measures should be used to determine whether an asylum seeker is over 18, not just MRI scans of the knee joints and x-rays of the wisdom teeth. Where there is doubt, he says, the person should be believed.

He also thinks Sweden is wrong to simply see Kabul as a safe place to deport those refused asylum.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the most generous countries in Europe for refugees are violating human rights with our laws?
    Generous or not, that doesn't have to mean that Afghanistan is safe.

Rofl no, because you're posting a thread that's about immigration. If you kept your thoughts to yourself there wouldn't be a problem.
    I posted a thread that's about the Commissioner for Human Rights saying we're violating human rights.

No one is asking that here are they?

Posting a thread about immigration on a forum where people like you post is asking for a bigoted discussion about how evil immigrants are and how wanting a better life than living in poverty or war is the epitome evil while you personally want to force sterilize people is gross. It's a post that's made to elicit a negative response towards immigrants.
    immigrants aren't evil. unlimited influxes of refugees is dangerous, because it will change the culture of the west.

what do we have in the west that they do not? we have equal rights, gay rights, europe and canada have healthcare, freedom of expression and religion.

do you want all of that to go away? because unchecked acceptance of these people will make that go away. i don't want to lose gay rights, and i don't want to lose my human rights as a woman.

Yeah what would the person who spent their life studying human rights legislation know about human rights amirite.
    Considering that our government agencies have their own people who are educated in it and checked with them to make sure it's in line with what we have signed, it's fair to say he's an idiot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    immigrants aren't evil. unlimited influxes of refugees is dangerous, because it will change the culture of the west.

what do we have in the west that they do not? we have equal rights, gay rights, europe and canada have healthcare, freedom of expression and religion.

do you want all of that to go away? because unchecked acceptance of these people will make that go away. i don't want to lose gay rights, and i don't want to lose my human rights as a woman.
    All that needs to be said. Take a good hard look at how they treat women in the middle east and sub saharan africa. Why the fuck would I want that for myself? Sorry I prefer equal rights and self respect.
    Last edited by mmoce9fe1e7ffd; 2018-02-17 at 09:44 AM.

Deleted
    i am ashamed of people like him being latvian!!

Rofl no, because you're posting a thread that's about immigration. If you kept your thoughts to yourself there wouldn't be a problem.
    See, this is why there is so much toxicity these days. People cannot have a civil adult conversation about important policies like immigration without immature minds running in to label everyone racist. The only racist you will find is in the mirror. People from the progressive left continually use racism and bigotry to shut down arguments like a small child throwing a tantrum.

Grow up and contribute to the debate. Defend your position and tell us why millions of foreign, culturally incompatible immigrants, both legally and illegally entering Europe is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post
    i am ashamed of people like him being latvian!!
    I'd be more ashamed at your poor education system making you think Greeks are Arabs and Africans.

Deleted
    And about sticking to the thread and not derailing like you are trying

That human rights guy is an idiot