Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Any chance the Junker Queen will be released this year?

Seems like Blizzard is releasing 2-3 new characters in Overwatch a year. Any chance Junker Queen could be one of them?

https://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Queen_of_Junkertown

And if so, do you think she'll be a tank?

I want an omnic DPS hero that plays more like soldier than the other DPS heroes.
    '

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Seems like Blizzard is releasing 2-3 new characters in Overwatch a year. Any chance Junker Queen could be one of them?

https://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Queen_of_Junkertown

And if so, do you think she'll be a tank?
    I could be wrong, but feel like they need to vary up the gender of new characters a bit more, so I wouldn't expect her to be the next one. But I do think the next one will probably either be a Tank or Defense hero. There is some fairly well-founded speculation that the next hero might be Sanjay Korpal as a Tank wearing Hard Light armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I could be wrong, but feel like they need to vary up the gender of new characters a bit more, so I wouldn't expect her to be the next one. But I do think the next one will probably either be a Tank or Defense hero. There is some fairly well-founded speculation that the next hero might be Sanjay Korpal as a Tank wearing Hard Light armor.
    There's a lot of speculation about a Chimpanzee Support named Hammond too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    There's a lot of speculation about a Chimpanzee Support named Hammond too.
    I wouldn't expect another villain support immediately after Moira.

Maybe defense, based around disrupting and annoying the enemy more than actually attacking them, like the Jockey from Left 4 Dead 2. A beefier, melee version of Sombra.

As for Junker Queen, she looks like a female Roadhog. I could see her kit being a combination of Doomfist's skill-based attacks, but with a blunt weapon that would feel more like Reinhardt's hammer.

Either of these characters could also work as a tactician with AI minions. Squishy "turrets" that would patrol around and harass the enemy. That's a role that doesn't really exist in the game yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I wouldn't expect another villain support immediately after Moira.
    We don't know if Hammond is a villain, we don't know the whole backstory. Same way that Doomfist was surprisingly a villain.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2018-02-19 at 05:19 PM.

Talon needs a Tank though. Also I believe we are a bit overdue for a Defense Role hero as we have yet to receive a new one.

We don't know if Hammond is a villain, we don't know the whole backstory.
    Isn't he responsible for there being no humans in Horizon anymore? He definitely seems like an antagonist at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Isn't he responsible for there being no humans in Horizon anymore? He definitely seems like an antagonist at the very least.
    That's the story we have, but we don't know if that's true. Also antagonist =/= villain, so he didn't want to be experimented on anymore? It's planet of the apes in Overwatch, he took his fellow primates and helped them to escape.

That's the story we have, but we don't know if that's true. Also antagonist =/= villain, so he didn't want to be experimented on anymore? It's planet of the apes in Overwatch, he took his fellow primates and helped them to escape.
    All Overwatch villains have their reasons, none are chaotic evil. They're still called villains because their actions tend to harm more people than they benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Talon needs a Tank though.
    This is what I'd like to see next, personally. All that's missing for an all Talon-team, now that we got Moira as a Support, is a Tank. I'm all the more disappointed that Doomfist wasn't a Tank, since he seems like the kind of guy who would be leading the charge in a Talon mission.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    All Overwatch villains have their reasons, none are chaotic evil. They're still called villains because their actions tend to harm more people than they benefit.
    Sorry, but no. Doomfist is definitely chaotic evil. His only objective is to destroy omnics and cause chaos from that. In turn, anyone who sides with him is also considered evil, Reaper, Moira, Widowmaker, even Sombra to an extent even though it's fairly clear that Sombra would backstab Talon if she found a better ally.

Aren't the Junkers a third faction?

Definitely would like to see more of them. Love their Mad Max style.

Sorry, but no. Doomfist is definitely chaotic evil. His only objective is to destroy omnics and cause chaos from that. In turn, anyone who sides with him is also considered evil, Reaper, Moira, Widowmaker, even Sombra to an extent even though it's fairly clear that Sombra would backstab Talon if she found a better ally.
    Neither Doomfist nor Talon itself is explicitly anti-omnic. There is an omnic member of Talon's inner circle, after all. The only reason why Doomfist and Talon are pushing the conflict between humans and omnics is because Doomfist believes that humanity needs conflict, in general, to advance itself and even those members of Talon who might not necessarily agree with that philosophy still presumably benefit somehow from the continued chaos.

Of all the members of Talon, only Reaper has shown any anti-omnic tendencies, but even then, that might be more the fact that he seems to hate everyone and everything these days, not just omnics specifically.

I hope we see another defensive type. Soon.

We don't know if Hammond is a villain, we don't know the whole backstory. Same way that Doomfist was surprisingly a villain.
    People were surprised Doomfist is a villain? I thought it was always rather obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Neither Doomfist nor Talon itself is explicitly anti-omnic. There is an omnic member of Talon's inner circle, after all. The only reason why Doomfist and Talon are pushing the conflict between humans and omnics is because Doomfist believes that humanity needs conflict, in general, to advance itself and even those members of Talon who might not necessarily agree with that philosophy still presumably benefit somehow from the continued chaos.

Of all the members of Talon, only Reaper has shown any anti-omnic tendencies, but even then, that might be more the fact that he seems to hate everyone and everything these days, not just omnics specifically.
    If you read the comic Doomfist only works with him because he's the best in his field, as soon as he loses his usefulness Doomfist will break him, same as Zarya working with her Omnic hacker to track Sombra, the difference is Zarya didn't and after reading the comic they put out for her probably wouldn't ever without good cause.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    I hope we see another defensive type. Soon.

People were surprised Doomfist is a villain? I thought it was always rather obvious.
    How would it be obvious? He was hyped as a hero besides the fact the Doomfist we know wasn't even introduced until he made the appearance in game. We knew of the Doomfist legend and we knew the Overwatch Doomfist was dead.

How would it be obvious? He was hyped as a hero besides the fact the Doomfist we know wasn't even introduced until he made the appearance in game. We knew of the Doomfist legend and we knew the Overwatch Doomfist was dead.
    Just spit-balling here, but Doomfist sounds rather... villainous. I certainly wouldn't have been surprised he was evil. I'd have been surprised had he not been evil.

If you read the comic Doomfist only works with him because he's the best in his field, as soon as he loses his usefulness Doomfist will break him.
    I did read the comic, which is how I even know about Maximilien at all, but don't recall that part. Is it specifically because Max is an omnic though, or simply because Doomfist doesn't like/trust him as an individual?

His name has "Doom" in it and literally the first mention of him is that he fought and was beaten by Winston, the character immediately shown to be a good guy who protects children caught in the middle of firefights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they're clearly a fairly long way along with her character design (seen in posters), voice actor, story (from the Junkertown intro cinematic), and even weapons if we look at those around Junketown so I really wouldn't be surprised if she was as soon as the next hero.

My guess is the next hero will go beta two weeks before uprising and then release when uprising hits and this time uprising will feature blackwatch/future talon doing some behind the scenes of kings row and it will involve Reaper, Moira, McCree and the new talon tank character. My guess is it is Sanjay (Syms boss) in a suit of hard light armor.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.