Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think you're all forgetting Doomfist is simply a moniker, not any one specific person. Whomever holds the gauntlet is Doomfist. You could have an evil Doomfist and you could have a good Doomfist.

Qeen will come soon!Kappa!

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    I think you're all forgetting Doomfist is simply a moniker, not any one specific person. Whomever holds the gauntlet is Doomfist. You could have an evil Doomfist and you could have a good Doomfist.
    Going by the old Numbani map and some lore, there's been three Doomfists. The first one was good (Hailed as "Savior" on the banner showing him) while the second one was not only evil but was the guy who the current Doomfist killed for his position and gauntlet.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    My guess is the next hero will go beta two weeks before uprising and then release when uprising hits and this time uprising will feature blackwatch/future talon doing some behind the scenes of kings row and it will involve Reaper, Moira, McCree and the new talon tank character. My guess is it is Sanjay (Syms boss) in a suit of hard light armor.
    Overwatch twitter has since put out a tweet that may be hinting at what this year's Uprising event is about. It is an old mission report from Ana about an "Operation White Dome" involving her, Reinhardt, Torbjorn, and "Private First Class Emre Sarioglu." It is also likely the mission that is where Reinhardt and Torb became good friends considering it specifically mentions Reinhardt saving Torb's life.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Going by the old Numbani map and some lore, there's been three Doomfists. The first one was good (Hailed as "Savior" on the banner showing him) while the second one was not only evil but was the guy who the current Doomfist killed for his position and gauntlet.

Overwatch twitter has since put out a tweet that may be hinting at what this year's Uprising event is about. It is an old mission report from Ana about an "Operation White Dome" involving her, Reinhardt, Torbjorn, and "Private First Class Emre Sarioglu." It is also likely the mission that is where Reinhardt and Torb became good friends considering it specifically mentions Reinhardt saving Torb's life.
    Which means he is dps as that team has a healer, a tank and a defence class on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Now they are saying that Emre isn't the point of the leak, that it was to introduce the mission where Torb loses his arm, the next leak is his letter to his wife to tell her that he will survive and recover from his injuries and since Rhein and him were such friends for saving his life he wanted Rhein to be the god father and to let Rhein name his daughter.

So now it looks like Bridgette may be hero 27. She is a part of the engineering guild and Squire to Rhein. She also repaired Rheins damaged armor by hand.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

What type of abilities would Bridgette possibly have?

I'm hoping she's a tank. That role is looking kind of stale these days outside of D.va.

I would say tank or defense, haven’t had a defense in a while. I wouldn’t mind getting someone who throws grenades of various natures and leaves land mines on the ground.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I would say tank or defense, haven’t had a defense in a while. I wouldn’t mind getting someone who throws grenades of various natures and leaves land mines on the ground.
    So basically exactly like Junkrat?

Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    So basically exactly like Junkrat?
    What I had in mind was more along the lines of explosives that blow up when you cross them rather than by manual detonation. Also various types of grenades like back in the days of TF, an emp grenade that sets off ammo when it hits causing a big of damage and forcing a reload. Smoke grenades that block line of sight. A gas grenade that makes you halucinate, a stun grenade that doesn't stop you from moving but rather your camera roll around making it hard to aim and manuever. A grenade that explodes into smaller grenades, one that creates a fire patch that acts as area denial dot. Ect.

- - - Updated - - -

It looks like Bridgette is all but confirmed, image today includes a weapon schematic with Swedish writing on it of what looks like a giant mace that pops open in a T formation, and it must have a concealed chain in it. One of the words translates to flail, and the weapon is named Slagga.

My guess is that Bridgette gets a Rhardt armor with a massive fucking flail, melee with a medium range?

She is likely a tank and the Flail may act similar to Widowmaker's Grappling Hook, allowing her to get to higher places. She can use it again to get back to her team. Winston works the same way with his leap. It might work like Roadhog's hook and pull others toward her. It may just be a ranged weapon. Kaplan said she is meta changing but I didn't play at all last season so I don't know what the meta was.

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    She is likely a tank and the Flail may act similar to Widowmaker's Grappling Hook, allowing her to get to higher places. She can use it again to get back to her team. Winston works the same way with his leap. It might work like Roadhog's hook and pull others toward her. It may just be a ranged weapon. Kaplan said she is meta changing but I didn't play at all last season so I don't know what the meta was.
    Dive Meta (very mobile heroes like Winston, Dva, Genji), strategy is to pick key enemies and kill them fast alltogether. S9 seems to come with a 3/4 tank meta again, where Moira is key for her AOE heal, this is where maybe Bridgette finds her place.

I am really looking forward to nr. 27 as i play mostly tanks - Blizzard, let her out of the cage!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't need more heroes, it's almost a mess as it is already. They need to balance what we got instead.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Deleted
    Idk about this year, but next up seems to be Brigitte for H27.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think we're pretty much confirmed for Brigitte next.

Deleted
    A n t i d i v e

i'm 900% sure that they are using every opportunity to make unique characters for the sake of variety, and also to build up the universe and flesh it out LONG before a hero is released.

Remember the first time we saw Bridgette was in Reinhardt's comic, what? 2 years ago?

So while i think it IS possible that characters like Lynx, or the Junker Queen might become heroes...like... The Junker Queen is just a voice on the map and a single, probably inaccurate, picture.

and thats even assuming Bridgette is the hero. I can easily see them having the hero be Emre(?)'s kid who used Bridgette's help to create a tech suit that will help them prevent tragedies like what almost happened to Torbjorn.

of course that japaenese leak plus the fact that everything in the last picture leads me to believe it IS bridgette.

but remember how both DOomfist's tease and the original character Efi were created JUST to make Orisa's backstory. BUT that was info for doomfist, who did come out eventually.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    We don't need more heroes, it's almost a mess as it is already. They need to balance what we got instead.
    what is this thing called 'balance"

balance doesnt exist in any game in existence and never has.

i think what people mean by 'balance" is "expecting the devs to magically teach everyone how to use and counter each hero perfectly and mind control them into using the right strategy"

Like ppl call scatter arrow unbalanced but wtf are you doing standing still in front of a sniper?
    (glad for the change but i've never seen it as unfair in a game where people can consistently 1 shot you)

Not to mention the IDEA of balance in this game is ludicrous considering they intentionally make some heroes high skill cap and others low skill cap, some for quick aimers and some for people who cant aim. Like Ana seems HORRIBLY unbalanced considering her healing thouroughput and her CC. however its not really possible to compare that to someone like Mercy who can bring someone back to life and whos ultimate affects multiple people including herself.

Ana is a big rewards for a well aimed healer who has a coordinated team, while mercy is good for a chaotic game and sacrifices some thourouput for mobility and the ability to bring people back from spawn if she has 2 seconds of saftey.

Just like how in this game "maining" makes zero sense. There isnt SUPPOSE to be balance because all the heroes arent suppose to be equal. Hanzo should die EASILY if he solos roadhog because Hanzo isnt SUPPOSE to be in combat. and while a GOOD hanzo can kill a mediocre roadhog before he dies thats not the basis of the characters. Mei is SUPPOSE to be bad against long distance mobile heroes. Reaper is suppose to be a tank killer, Tracer is SUPPOSE to have a glass jaw and lighting legs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Think we're pretty much confirmed for Brigitte next.
    apparently the japanese overwatch accidentally gave a bad link that was listed as "bridgette tease" so unless that was a doctored image or whatever then yea.

i figured the swedish in the tablet on the last picture BASICALLY confirmed it
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    i figured the swedish in the tablet on the last picture BASICALLY confirmed it
    The teaser before that doesn't at all pertain to Brigitte is my only doubt as to whether it's her, it could still reasonably be this Emre guy using armaments made by Brigitte, but idk. But even that is disputed by the filename 'leak' which names Brigitte. Either way, I'm hoping for a peel/antidive tank, with the chain flail hopefully also providing harassment against Pharmercy, this would be the perfect new hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharjo View Post
    The teaser before that doesn't at all pertain to Brigitte is my only doubt as to whether it's her, it could still reasonably be this Emre guy using armaments made by Brigitte, but idk. But even that is disputed by the filename 'leak' which names Brigitte. Either way, I'm hoping for a peel/antidive tank, with the chain flail hopefully also providing harassment against Pharmercy, this would be the perfect new hero.
    The original teaser talks about Torb's injury, which then ties into his letter written while recovering and talking about his promises to Reinhardt about her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The original teaser talks about Torb's injury, which then ties into his letter written while recovering and talking about his promises to Reinhardt about her.
    I see. I really need to get started on reading the comics and just in general anything that isn't just the shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharjo View Post
    I doubt very much a mace wielder will be able to counter pharmacy. Only two things can counter it and that is long range accurate Widow like snipes and someone who can fly up there and be more accurate than a slow moving rocket.
    Soldierand McCree arenot bad but Soldier has a bad prolonged spray and McCree has a low rate of fire, missing a shot or two means McCree diesfirst.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-02-27 at 06:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So there's a new teaser today:

Goes with:

The letter:
    My dear Ingrid,

I know that by now you have gotten news of my injuries in our latest mission. While the descriptions may sound terrible, the doctors are quite sure I'll make a full recovery. Even Angela came to visit me! On the matter of my arm, I promise to make it my first priority to construct a suitable prosthesis that will make everyone forget that it was ever gone. If only Angela's dreams of tissue regeneration were a reality! I told her she should be working harder!

They tell me that you have not yet gone into labor, so I am holding out hope that I will be able to be by your side back home in Gothenburg when the time comes. Just wait a little longer for me!

You may have heard that Reinhardt is responsible for saving my life. I've heard the story at least four different times myself, already, each time more unbelievable than the last. Exaggerations, as you know how he can be. All the same, they've decided to award him a commendation for "conspicuous bravery." Could two words better describe the big oaf?

He has been bothering me insufferably at my bedside. Half in jest, I suggested that if it would shut him up, I would allow him to name our daughter, as he has been badgering me about it these past months. He, of course, took me at my word. Truth be told, I had been considering making him her godfather, and I hope you'll forgive me for making this decision without your consultation. We can only hope she doesn't take after him too much.

I told him that you would have to agree to any name he chose, so let’s hope it's a good one (though I fear that may be beyond his abilities, given some of the ridiculous names he gives the characters in his "true stories"). I'm getting sick of this hospital, so I am hoping to return soon.

Love,
    Torbjörn

So almost certainly Brigitte, and she carries a small mace and shield. And perhaps a Jetpack Cat as seen in the schematics under the final image (top).