10+ Year Old Account

Post 800$ Budget PC for BfA?

I've been playing on a laptop that struggles to even load into legion zones at this point, forget 5 mans or anything.
    So I'm putting aside some money to build a pc before BFA drops (hopefully), however I'm new to the custom build world and would appreciate some insight into parts and such to put into the build. I'm not looking for something that can push ultra or anything like that, but it'd be nice to be able to walk without the game choking.

Budget: 800$ or lower, not including peripherals and such.

What's BFA? A new cryptocurrency?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    What's BFA? A new cryptocurrency?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    get you one of these

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...9SIAB946RH3654

and hook it up to your microwave

game all day

Deleted
    Gpu prices are utterly out of whack and stock is starting to become an issue, however

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor ($169.00 @ B&H)
    Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Crucial - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($83.99 @ Adorama)
    Storage: SanDisk - SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($69.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Corsair - 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $487.95
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-02-17 19:27 EST-0500

This is pretty good, you get a 4 core 8 thread cpu with a decent GPU onboard for Wow at mid settings, not to mention the whole thing is overclockable if you wanted to.

The good thing is, if you need more GPU grunt in the future and prices and stock return to normal, just stick it in.

I will also want to just see if motherboards for the new APU from AMD stabilise a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysa View Post
    I've been playing on a laptop that struggles to even load into legion zones at this point, forget 5 mans or anything.
    So I'm putting aside some money to build a pc before BFA drops (hopefully), however I'm new to the custom build world and would appreciate some insight into parts and such to put into the build. I'm not looking for something that can push ultra or anything like that, but it'd be nice to be able to walk without the game choking.

Budget: 800$ or lower, not including peripherals and such.
    because of that budget and the insane current pricing of new video cards i would seriously consider buying a used computer or putting together a computer with used parts. you will not be able to get a decent new gaming computer right now for $800 unless you put it together yourself from parts off websites like newegg and amazon. The minimum video card would probably be a gtx 1060 which starts at about $350, as for the rest i would probably use the build of the month guide on this website. https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/1683/

that computer with intel and gtx 1060 is a seriously decent deal for that price but that sale is over in 2 days so better zerg it or lose it. Down the road i would save more money for an SSD to complete that package.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    Gpu prices are utterly out of whack and stock is starting to become an issue, however

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor ($169.00 @ B&H)
    Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Crucial - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($83.99 @ Adorama)
    Storage: SanDisk - SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($69.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Corsair - 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $487.95
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-02-17 19:27 EST-0500

This is pretty good, you get a 4 core 8 thread cpu with a decent GPU onboard for Wow at mid settings, not to mention the whole thing is overclockable if you wanted to.

The good thing is, if you need more GPU grunt in the future and prices and stock return to normal, just stick it in.

I will also want to just see if motherboards for the new APU from AMD stabilise a bit more.

no video card is listed in any of those links so count on that price going up by at least 350$
    Last edited by khazmodan; 2018-02-18 at 12:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    that computer with intel and gtx 1060 is a seriously decent deal for that price but that sale is over in 2 days so better zerg it or lose it. Down the road i would save more money for an SSD to complete that package.

- - - Updated - - -

no video card listed in any of those links so count on that price going up by at least 350$
    That is an APU build...

Quote Originally Posted by Xinkir View Post
    The 2400g has build in graphics. About the same as a GT1030 from Nvidia IIRC. Better than nothing I suppose.The 1st PC with a 1060 looks like a good buy, but..

If I were the OP, I wouldn't even bother buying until July-August. New hardware will be out by then, and GPU and RAM prices may drop a bit.
    that may be good advice because by then the cryptocurrency craze will probably crash a bit and some of those video cards these wall street idiots bought will flood the used market.

Deleted
    Ryzen for WoW in 1080P ?

wew lad, weeeeeew.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xinkir View Post
    The 2400g has build in graphics. About the same as a GT1030 from Nvidia IIRC. Better than nothing I suppose.The 1st PC with a 1060 looks like a good buy, but..

If I were the OP, I wouldn't even bother buying until July-August. New hardware will be out by then, and GPU and RAM prices may drop a bit.
    Noted. Would probably not be buying till around then anyways, was just wanting to see what was out there.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warpten View Post
    Ryzen for WoW in 1080P ?

wew lad, weeeeeew.
    exactly, that APU will shit itself running that poor engine from 2004.
    You need high single core.