Thread: Do you Yoga?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you Yoga?

Do you Yoga and if so how long have you done it for?

How often in a day week or month do you do it?

What kind do you do?

I've seen a lot of gimmicks like Hot Yoga and Yoga for Regular dudes, and my girlfriend was telling me about Naked Yoga haha!

But I am just curious what what kinds their are out there in terms of discipline.

Also if you done Yoga for a while, how long did it take you to graduate to more difficult poses?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I have ddp yoga. I don't feel like I get a lot out of it and my time is better spent with the iron. I'm not flexible at all and so I can't really do some of the positions in the way that makes you really work. It's nice for stretching but weights are better for strength and 4 rounds of boxing is better cardio or even just 15 minutes of jumping rope.

I tried it for a while but I get bored.

I do yoga every weekday morning; Vinya Yoga. Every once in a while I stop by a class of Birkim yoga to sweat it out a little if I think my home sessions are getting a little stale. On weekends I do light stretching and then go for a run.

Been doing yoga for like 17 years or so. Before that I just did normal gym stuff but that sucked really.

I really enjoy hot yoga. After getting done I feel absolutely wonderful. So not really a gimmick for me if I am able to truly enjoy my time with yoga doing it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I actually would love to do some Yoga, but it's just so boring to me.

I've looked for some yoga classes in my city, but they are usually 95% women and I feel like a creep going there. I know it's silly but still.
    Tried it at home on off-days but yeah, as I wrote, kinda boring alone

I do yoga, but i see its merly stretching out

It compliments my running, since there are a lot of poses that stretch hamstrings and IT Band. I go with friends (female), so don't feel so creepy being one of the few males in the class.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, but I'm interested in giving it a shot in near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

15+ Year Old Account
    I did yoga in the past, but really can’t do it these days. It was quite relaxing, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I did yoga in the past, but really can’t do it these days. It was quite relaxing, though.
    Does yoga refresh the mind?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipo View Post
    Does yoga refresh the mind?
    I found it helped me clear my mind a bit as you were focusing more on your breath or trying to hold the pose. I can say that after I finished, I'd feel calmer and a little happier. Everyone's experience may vary, but I'm sure its worth a shot for you.

I live a very active lifestyle. I'm basically a jock, even though I play WoW. I've done Greco-Roman wrestling all my life. Other martial arts as well, such as Jujitsu. All very hard styles and taxing on the body. I'm also a bodybuilder with a muscular physique. If you were to look at me, you would not think that I do yoga, but I do. In fact, I do yoga every single day and it has improved my performance in everything else I do. On the Jujitsu mat, I've got better balance, stability, flexibility, and core strength. In the gym, I get less injuries and bigger gains. I don't know the exact science behind it but it is beyond just mere stretching because I was doing stretching and mobility routines for years before I converted to yoga. But I don't get into all the mystical stuff like pranayama etc. That's way above the pay grade of a meathead like me, but the benefits of yoga are so apparent for me that I can't imagine my daily routine without it. And it doesn't cost me a dime. I just watch the YouTube channel "Yoga with Adriene". I'm sure there's other channels just as good but that was the first one I found that actually worked while keeping the pretentious white yuppie new age mumbo jumbo toned down. But either way, I can't recommend yoga enough.
    Last edited by Wolfman31; 2018-05-15 at 12:26 PM.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Deleted
    yeah i like it, too

I like yoga, and I did hot yoga for 3 months. But I never lost any weights by doing yoga.

Yes ,I do yoga on regular basis for meditation.

- - - Updated - - -

I mostly do stretching ones.

Yoga I do not, hmm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
    i do yoga but im a girl
    i think guys doing yoga is so unatractive
    Sexism is so unattractive...

I've done it before, yes. It's very relaxing if done right.

(Stretching prior to doing it is key)

Not necessarily a yoga routine but I do some excersices regularly to prevent back pain and get a better posture.

I was introduced to it when I suffered from anxiety.
    I don't practice it anymore, but I do meditate.