Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    This has to be a troll thread. Either that or you've been living under a rock and this is your first ever exposure to Warfronts, and your first instinct isn't to google for it but post a thread, which I find highly unlikely.
    White Knight!!

But no, I'm trying to get a feel for what the fuck this is, stop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    a transcript for the deep dive panel is also available, I won't quote the stuff because there are many pictures between the lines. Take a look:

http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog...l-transcript/4
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    They have almost nothing in common with Garrisons. It's a completely different system.

They are 40-man scenarios that you queue up for, play, end...and award you something for it. They are not in any way "persistent" as a Garrison. They are simply a new type of queueable instance type.

They are NOT faction specific. The one confirmed so far is Arathi. It is available to BOTH factions. However, if you are Horde you will enter it with 39 more Horde players...if you are Alliance you play with 39 other Alliance players...just like any PvE-Instance. There is no PvP involved. No players of the other faction in your Warfront at all. The reason for this is that the primary goal of Warfronts is to remove wait-times for the LFR audience. Which is great and LONG overdue.

There was dataining for a second Warfront located somewhere on Kalimdor, but no details yet. It may be 8.1 content and not for launch.

There are of course differences, but from the feeling and target audience POV, Warfronts will resemble LFR the most. Just with zero wait-times.
    Could you explain the bolded part for me? I'm unsure how warfronts improves LFR wait times

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Are they glorified Garrisons? Recent info on MMO-Champ leads me to think they are.

Opinions?

Contruct Barracks - Contruct Barracks. Rewards Armor Scraps
    Contruct Workshop - Contruct Workshop. Rewards Armor Scraps
    Contruct Armory - Contruct Armory. Rewards Armor Scraps

???????
    Something like DOTA against bots, like in Wildstar. But 40ppl raid - not 5ppl scenario.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2018-02-19 at 07:04 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    White Knight!!

But no, I'm trying to get a feel for what the fuck this is, stop.
    If you're being sincere then I apologize, but there's a lot of info out there about it and it's literally nothing like garrisons.

Also, trolls have a tendency to type "Opinions?" and "???????" in their thread as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Raicky View Post
    Unless I'm being blind, there is no mention of PvP warfronts in that link. Blizzard even said Warfronts are PvE only but that might change in the future.
    some of the datamined changes that were shown just after blizzcon stated that there was a pvp flag for them,
    when i watched blizzcon they stated PVP wasnt off the tables.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Deleted
    PVE AV is the best description.
    A PVE BG in the way you are fighing the enemy faction, but not players

10+ Year Old Account
    they are a 20man pve raid
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Basically, it's a RTS side game that gives loot. Obviously, Blizz will have to make the rewards weekly like a raid or badge oriented. I predict it will be extremely niche.
    "Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    If you're being sincere then I apologize, but there's a lot of info out there about it and it's literally nothing like garrisons.

Also, trolls have a tendency to type "Opinions?" and "???????" in their thread as well.
    A lot of people are throwing the "Warfronts = Garrisons 2.0" around, only because there's buildings, and there are materials.

In reality they're just base-focused raids. A combination of Alterac Valley, CoT: Hyjal and Ashran, without any PvP.

The way I understand it, they developed the new AI for islands and then wondered how would it fit in a raid environment. With the AvH theme of BfA, warfronts were the answer: an army of players against an army of "smart" NPCs from the enemy faction, and they added some flavour RTS/Tower Defense elements to it.

I think it's very experimental, but it's better to isolate this as a new feature that can easily be modified/removed in future expansions, than forcing a single AI encounter into a raid, that would most likely feel like an updated version of that dreadful boss from Trial of the Crusader: annoying and unpredictable.