Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't really like Dire Maul.

BRD was both my most liked and most hated dungeon ever.

With a good group it was a blast. With a slightly bad group it was the stuff of nightmares.

SM Graveyard, always seemed like an afterthought, the only good thing was Interrogator Vishas and his lines: "Naughty secrets!"

Mine definitely has to be BRD. The instance is ungodly long and difficult. You could almost never find a group that would do the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Razorfen Kraul .

Very difficult to get to, no reason to go there, no one wanted to run it, no one knew it if you did run it, and quillboar lel.

Although the only thing in Warcraft I've ever truly hated is Escape From Durnholde.
    Yeah. Gotta love that graveyard run from Camp Taurajo if Horde, and I think freaking Booty Bay if Alliance.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I love the large non linear dungeons. The Stockade was pretty stupid and only good for power leveling. I liked most of them, but I feel the gear isn't worth the time they take. Once people realize that you level faster questing and grinding and the gear you receive from a dungeon is overshadowed quickly, then the experience of them becomes pointless. Outside of doing one run for quests.

It'd be easier to list the ones I liked. Which was Stratholme.

BRD any day of the week. If it takes longer to clear a 5 man instance than any 40 man raid something is wrong.

All the vanilla dungeons were (at the time) okay. Rating in order:

The great:
    Shadowfang Keep is the best dungeon a castlophile can ask for.
    Blackrock Downs is amazing and brilliant and I love it to death. Best dungeon in the game except it not being an actual castle. You can literally get lost in it, without it being monotonous.
    Stratholme is awesome and raid-like, and both sides have awesome endbosses. There is nothing bad about this place.
    Deadmines is brilliant, and you should rewatch "welcome to the deadmines" if you disagree. IMO the cata revamp made it worse.
    Scholomance has a very nice thematic to it, though I also think the Cata revamp made this dungeon a lot better than it used to be.
    Zul'Farrak has the troll sacrificial ritual event. What's not to like? The rest of the dungeon is just a bunch of sand, but that part makes it awesome.
    Dire maul: It's like a 2 hour long dungeon with tons of variation, only split in three so you can pick the part you like. It's brilliant, man. Only thing I feel is lacking is the story. Though you get to be da king, so who cares?
    Lower Blackrock Spire - It's in full 3d. Awesome!
    Upper Blackrock Spire - It's in full 3d, and you can fall down to the Lower Blackrock Spire. Awesome double!

The good:
    Stockades is super short. That's not really a bad thing.
    Razorfen Downs has a nice undead story to it. I really like this place, corpse runs less so. Four words of why you should love it: Skeleton pile, rocking skeleton.
    Ragefire Chasm is actually pretty good being the lair of the shadow council, it was the first tie-in to the grander vanilla storyline really.
    Uldaman has all I should like in a dungeon; it's varied in looks, it's vast and you have multiple paths of exploration. Yet I can't help this dungeon still being ... boring. It lacks a story, despite actually being a dungeon that literally has one. Just why should I care about some dead centaur?

The acceptable:
    Razorfen Kraul is less inspired than downs, to be honest. The cata revamp massively improved this dungeon, it was just brown in repetition in vanilla.
    Blackfathom Downs is ... not too brilliant. It's too monotonous a cavern, yet lacked the impact of old gods influence. I think the Cata revamp improved it massively.
    Wailing Caverns suffer from being in the barrens, and being repetitive. A zone you spend a third of your levelling time in as vanilla horde. It's overused.
    Gnomereagan is like Wailing Caverns, but IMO worse. There was a lot of possibilities with an irradiated city full of mad machinery - and I don't think wow does it justice.
    Uldaman... has a lot of potential. The titan lore is neat, there is lots of boss diversity... but it's severely lacking in textures.
    Temple of Atal'Hakkar... I really enjoy the maze of it. I dislike the lack of rewards, the 2+ hours needed to run it, and the repeated textures.

None of these are remotely as bad as Black Morass. I literally cannot enter that place without falling asleep. It takes a special kind of skill to make an orc invasion boring.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Stockade. Cramped, short and boring. Was a pain to go to as Horde as well (even though going there was more fun then doing the instance!).

BRD, L/UBRS etc was great if you know the way and had all keys etc. I collected everything needed (even the staff for mauradon) so I was a god to have in the group. Such a good feeling when everyone treated you well because you know the way and had the means to go there Also so much easier to get groups!
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

BRD. It was consistently the longest, most confusing and least fun. At least L/UBRS had cool lore and setpieces (for the time).