Is Survival Relevant?

Does anyone actually play Survival as a main spec? It seems like it's pretty fun but is it any good in Mythics or raiding?

It's competitive if you're good. Basically. I love playing it but for raiding/m+ it just doesn't come anywhere near MM. However a very good Survival Hunter CAN top meters, as is shown on several logs...

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    It's competitive if you're good. Basically. I love playing it but for raiding/m+ it just doesn't come anywhere near MM. However a very good Survival Hunter CAN top meters, as is shown on several logs...
    This may be silly haha but since hunter is "faceroll" I think this spec is different? Does it take a good bit of work?

Im someone who loves playing a complex spec. Like feral before it got simplified. Id say survival is 1 of the hardest to master but the reward is great also.

Survival is in a good spot right know. Its ST dmg is strong, if you know what to do, but it lacks in aoe and cleave fight imo.
    Problems are that its hard to master, therefore the dmg scales hard with your skill, and every mistake may result in hard dps drops. Especially in the beginning of legion it was clunky af, bad dps and really really useless. That gave us the stigma of a bad spec.
    Since then a lot has changed, but the bitter rep still sticks in most minds.

Im 967, with 5/11 in an 1-day altraid and played it since late Nightmare. I would say its cool. i have a lot of fun playing it, even if its still a bit lackluster, but totally enjoyable, if youre willing to learn an above-average-spec.