Page 2 of 300 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    That's a surprise, he's still got a few years left in him, I expect to see a 2-3 year contract on him very quickly in FA.
    Depends how much of those 2-3 years he's injured or suspended. Houston has a lot of injury prone dudes on their defense, he was the easiest to move on from.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a surprise, he's still got a few years left in him, I expect to see a 2-3 year contract on him very quickly in FA.
    Lol. Dude has been suspended for doing dope every time he gets out of a post injury funk. I don't think he has what it takes anymore without doping. I'd be highly surprised if he gets a contract in the first 2 weeks of free agency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Lol. Dude has been suspended for doing dope every time he gets out of a post injury funk. I don't think he has what it takes anymore without doping. I'd be highly surprised if he gets a contract in the first 2 weeks of free agency.
    There's always a team willing to give guys like that an incentive laden contract...

Usually us, but sometimes Dallas.

Dang. Got this thread going already. Nice work on the thread xskarma. We appreciate the effort!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    Dang. Got this thread going already. Nice work on the thread xskarma. We appreciate the effort!
    <3

In actual football news:

"We have placed the franchise tag on wide receiver Jarvis Landry." - Miami Dolphins

VERY surprising development. I thought for sure they'd let him walk. Now they are suddenly okay with paying him like a WR1? Very odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    <3

In actual football news:

"We have placed the franchise tag on wide receiver Jarvis Landry." - Miami Dolphins

VERY surprising development. I thought for sure they'd let him walk. Now they are suddenly okay with paying him like a WR1? Very odd.
    He be had that showing at the pro bowl where he got to actually stretch a sideline. Maybe someone on the Dolphins had a revelation ������
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Three of the four AFC East teams with second-to-worst odds for winning the Super Bowl? Sounds about right.

Wait until we trade up to #2 and snag Josh Rosen and he defeats Brady and is the 2nd coming. /wishfulthinking

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Three of the four AFC East teams with second-to-worst odds for winning the Super Bowl? Sounds about right.

Wait until we trade up to #2 and snag Josh Rosen and he defeats Brady and is the 2nd coming. /wishfulthinking
    Might need to go up to 1 for that. Well, unless the Browns end up taking one of the soon to be combine stars that have major issues in an actual game.

Nah, all signs point to them wanting Darnold.

I can't believe Rosen being independent and possibly an evil, filthy "coach questioner" is making teams hesitate on him. IMO, he's easily the best QB in the draft. But rumor is the Browns want Darnold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Might need to go up to 1 for that. Well, unless the Browns end up taking one of the soon to be combine stars that have major issues in an actual game.
    Or a running back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last time a running back went number one overall was 1995, Ki-Jana Carter. And nowadays, their value is less given their typical career length and the direction the league has gone. Taking one first overall is a terrible idea, especially when you've got another pick at number four.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to believe a RB could go #1 in a draft with at least four QBs with 1st round grades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Hard to believe a RB could go #1 in a draft with at least four QBs with 1st round grades.
    Browns have done some fairly dumb things, but taking a RB at 1 would take the cake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    While I agree that taking a RB with the #1 pick is most likely a waste, if you also have #4 and you are guarantueed that one of those QBs will be around then, it's actually a tad less insane. Especially if you have no clear favorite among them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Especially if you have no clear favorite among them.
    That would be a rather colossal failure by both scouting and coaching to be that uncertain about such important prospects. I doubt even Cleveland would be picking a name out of a hat to determine their QB rankings.

Deleted
    Thats, you know, not what I meant. Scouting isn't exactly a mathematical science and the Browns aren't the only ones making massive blunders. Alex Smith was #1 overall, Rodgers a late first rounder in the same draft, RG III was #2, Cousins a fourth rounder for the same team, Russell Wilson a third rounder, JaMarcus...

I meant, that if even after doing due diligence two QBs on their board are too close to call, or different deciders in the building prefer different picks, then you can seriously consider taking the best player available with #1 and take the guy 'who's left' with #4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at the twitter gossip, both Darnold and Rosen have had GMs spotting red flags in their scout reports.

They've certainly lacked the interest and appeal we had with Wentz/Goff, or Luck/RG3.

Cleveland has shown their inability to develop a rookie QB in recent years, unless there's a complete no-brainer in the draft (which IMO there is not) I'm not 100% sold on them drafting a QB at 1. Hell, they might even stick with Kizer, this IS the Browns after all.

It's got to the point where trying to predict Cleveland's draft board is as futile as predicting the 7th round.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Marty Hurney named GM" - Carolina Panthers

Wonder how long he will have job security with new ownership looming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't really predict what the Browns will do because there's nothing to base it on, its different people every year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at the twitter gossip, both Darnold and Rosen have had GMs spotting red flags in their scout reports.

They've certainly lacked the interest and appeal we had with Wentz/Goff, or Luck/RG3.

Cleveland has shown their inability to develop a rookie QB in recent years, unless there's a complete no-brainer in the draft (which IMO there is not) I'm not 100% sold on them drafting a QB at 1. Hell, they might even stick with Kizer, this IS the Browns after all.

It's got to the point where trying to predict Cleveland's draft board is as futile as predicting the 7th round.
    John Dorsey is a very traditional GM. He'll pick a QB. It's more the question what they will do at 4. Taking Barkley at 4 is far less of a stretch. If you believe he's a once in a generation talent then that's definitely an option.

I really like Barkley. He killed Michigan last season. But, I don;t think I'd take him at 4. There's probably defensive talent on the board at that point that I'd rather have. But it would be tempting.