The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Emmanuel Sanders possibly tore his achilles. Lost the second best player on defense and best player on offense in a 4 day period.

ADenver's starting offense is interesting with all the injuries this year. The center was a starting guard, both guards were backup tackles, top 2 RBs are rookies, top 2 WRs rookies, 3rd WR is basically a rookie, starting TE was 3rd string and and barely made the team, and the QB is Keenum. Looks like the Chargers usually do at this point in the season, minus a good QB.
    Heck they could probably even make waves with this squad without a good QB. If anything I think what's hamstrung them the most this season is their coach.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    The only one who ever stops the Chargers from going out of the playoffs immediately is Marvin Lewis. Since the Bengals are dead and won't make it, odds are the Chargers will be one and done unless they run into a team with its starting QB injured.
    This chargers team is different. The Chargers defense is elite. Joey Bosa will stop 1-2 drives per game by himself with QB pressure. Rookie safety Derwin James has also been stopping 1-2 drives per game with HUGE tackles, vicious hits or picks or just scaring the hell outta of receivers causing them to drop balls. When you have incredible elite players like that, you just keep everything in front of you and stop the big play. Make the other team go 15 plays to score a TD because you assume somewhere in those 15 plays, one of those guys will do something to wreck the drive.

Vs the Steelers, the Steelers hit a big play right out of the gate and got a quick TD, but once it got the second half they just shut the Steelers down.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Sanders being out would suck cause he's the reliable pass catcher the defense has to respect and game plan for. That has it's trickle down effects on the rest of the offense, and perhaps most on Lindsay who could be facing some heavy box looks now.
    Teams already load the box a lot. Freeman has by far the highest % of his carries against an 8 man box (he was around 47% with second around 36% as of a week or 2 ago). Lindsay has a lot of runs where he it hit behind the line too, but not sure how many times those are against a loaded box. It just means DaeSean Hamilton will get Sanders's reps, which is a good thing to see what he has. He was supposedly one of the best route runners in the draft, but he barely sees the field outside of running plays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Teams already load the box a lot. Freeman has by far the highest % of his carries against an 8 man box (he was around 47% with second around 36% as of a week or 2 ago). Lindsay has a lot of runs where he it hit behind the line too, but not sure how many times those are against a loaded box. It just means DaeSean Hamilton will get Sanders's reps, which is a good thing to see what he has. He was supposedly one of the best route runners in the draft, but he barely sees the field outside of running plays.
    You also claimed Andre Roberts, the other receiver the Bills released.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even more telling that nobody claimed Benjamin then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Even more telling that nobody claimed Benjamin then.
    His contract sucked, it would be ~$2mil for the last four games, now anybody can sign him on the cheap and leave Buffalo paying the $2mil.
    /s

Andre Holmes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Andre Holmes.
    Oh, OOPS, had him confused with Andre Roberts who is also a WR, but for the Jets. My bad.

Damn, Alex Smith is still in the hospital dealing with infection from his surgery.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    Damn, Alex Smith is still in the hospital dealing with infection from his surgery.
    I heard that. Not often you hear the term "career ending" thrown around for marquee players like him. Hope he makes it back to the field.

I heard that. Not often you hear the term "career ending" thrown around for marquee players like him. Hope he makes it back to the field.
    I like Alex Smith, and I do hope he can make a come back. Him being in the hospital for over two weeks, having multiple procedures including the removal of tissues makes me wonder how feasible it will be for him to come back. However Teddy Bridgewater made it back, so I guess there is hope.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    I like Alex Smith, and I do hope he can make a come back. Him being in the hospital for over two weeks, having multiple procedures including the removal of tissues makes me wonder how feasible it will be for him to come back. However Teddy Bridgewater made it back, so I guess there is hope.
    Difference is Teddy is in his 20s and Alex Smith is in his 30s. If it takes him a whole year or even two to work his way back, that's career ending right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Alex Smith can make it back, I just don't know if there will be a starting job for him when he does. Lots of guys less talented than him stuck around as backups. If he is willing to be a bridge QB he should find a place.
    /s

Chiefs signing Benjamin. Interesting.i don't think you get much out of him but I'm fine with kicking the tires.not like conley or Robinson are lighting it up

10+ Year Old Account
    The Titans are getting the ball on their own 1 after a goal line stand, I really hope they screw up and give up another safety because it would be great to see Jax with four points.

- - - Updated - - -

Or a 99 yard TD, that's good too.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    That was fucking beastmode right there. Nasty run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remembering why Derrick Henry was a starter. Dunno what happened to him, but that's the kind of running he is used to doing.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who needs an offense? Just give Henry the ball.

Lol Jaguars was an SB caliber team last year and now it went downhill to this...

Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    Lol Jaguars was an SB caliber team last year and now it went downhill to this...
    Same with the Falcons and Eagles, outside of the AFCE, a lot changes year to year.