1. #3861
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Sanders being out would suck cause he's the reliable pass catcher the defense has to respect and game plan for. That has it's trickle down effects on the rest of the offense, and perhaps most on Lindsay who could be facing some heavy box looks now.
    Teams already load the box a lot. Freeman has by far the highest % of his carries against an 8 man box (he was around 47% with second around 36% as of a week or 2 ago). Lindsay has a lot of runs where he it hit behind the line too, but not sure how many times those are against a loaded box. It just means DaeSean Hamilton will get Sanders's reps, which is a good thing to see what he has. He was supposedly one of the best route runners in the draft, but he barely sees the field outside of running plays.

  2. #3862
    Mind if I roll need? xskarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Netherlands, EU
    Posts
    22,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Teams already load the box a lot. Freeman has by far the highest % of his carries against an 8 man box (he was around 47% with second around 36% as of a week or 2 ago). Lindsay has a lot of runs where he it hit behind the line too, but not sure how many times those are against a loaded box. It just means DaeSean Hamilton will get Sanders's reps, which is a good thing to see what he has. He was supposedly one of the best route runners in the draft, but he barely sees the field outside of running plays.
    You also claimed Andre Roberts, the other receiver the Bills released.

  3. #3863
    Merely a Setback Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    28,665
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    You also claimed Andre Roberts, the other receiver the Bills released.
    Even more telling that nobody claimed Benjamin then.
    WoW: Wyrmrest Accord - Alliance

    FFXIV: The Future Crystal Datacenter (Balmung & Mateus servers)

    The League of "Can We Please Stop Trying to Cancel BFA?"

  4. #3864
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Even more telling that nobody claimed Benjamin then.
    His contract sucked, it would be ~$2mil for the last four games, now anybody can sign him on the cheap and leave Buffalo paying the $2mil.
    /s

  5. #3865
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    You also claimed Andre Roberts, the other receiver the Bills released.
    Andre Holmes.

  6. #3866
    Mind if I roll need? xskarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Netherlands, EU
    Posts
    22,032
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Andre Holmes.
    Oh, OOPS, had him confused with Andre Roberts who is also a WR, but for the Jets. My bad.

  7. #3867
    Damn, Alex Smith is still in the hospital dealing with infection from his surgery.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

  8. #3868
    Mind if I roll need? xskarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Netherlands, EU
    Posts
    22,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    Damn, Alex Smith is still in the hospital dealing with infection from his surgery.
    I heard that. Not often you hear the term "career ending" thrown around for marquee players like him. Hope he makes it back to the field.

  9. #3869
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I heard that. Not often you hear the term "career ending" thrown around for marquee players like him. Hope he makes it back to the field.
    I like Alex Smith, and I do hope he can make a come back. Him being in the hospital for over two weeks, having multiple procedures including the removal of tissues makes me wonder how feasible it will be for him to come back. However Teddy Bridgewater made it back, so I guess there is hope.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

  10. #3870
    Merely a Setback Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    28,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    I like Alex Smith, and I do hope he can make a come back. Him being in the hospital for over two weeks, having multiple procedures including the removal of tissues makes me wonder how feasible it will be for him to come back. However Teddy Bridgewater made it back, so I guess there is hope.
    Difference is Teddy is in his 20s and Alex Smith is in his 30s. If it takes him a whole year or even two to work his way back, that's career ending right there.
    WoW: Wyrmrest Accord - Alliance

    FFXIV: The Future Crystal Datacenter (Balmung & Mateus servers)

    The League of "Can We Please Stop Trying to Cancel BFA?"

  11. #3871
    I think Alex Smith can make it back, I just don't know if there will be a starting job for him when he does. Lots of guys less talented than him stuck around as backups. If he is willing to be a bridge QB he should find a place.
    /s

  12. #3872
    Chiefs signing Benjamin. Interesting.i don't think you get much out of him but I'm fine with kicking the tires.not like conley or Robinson are lighting it up

  13. #3873
    The Titans are getting the ball on their own 1 after a goal line stand, I really hope they screw up and give up another safety because it would be great to see Jax with four points.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Or a 99 yard TD, that's good too.
    /s

  14. #3874
    Legendary! Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    6,114
    That was fucking beastmode right there. Nasty run.

  15. #3875
    Remembering why Derrick Henry was a starter. Dunno what happened to him, but that's the kind of running he is used to doing.

  16. #3876
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Seetull
    Posts
    2,666
    Who needs an offense? Just give Henry the ball.

  17. #3877
    Lol Jaguars was an SB caliber team last year and now it went downhill to this...

  18. #3878
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    Lol Jaguars was an SB caliber team last year and now it went downhill to this...
    Same with the Falcons and Eagles, outside of the AFCE, a lot changes year to year.

  19. #3879
    There's going to be a lot of FF managers looking at 50+ points on their bench today. That was some game from Henry.

  20. #3880
    The Lightbringer Blobfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Straya
    Posts
    3,561
    Well guys.. I have splashed out & bought my first NFL top via the NFL Website

    And guess what team I have splashed my Aussie $$ on.

    A Team that is going to maybe pull off a Big upset this weekend
    & become a big chance in the finals.

    A Team with their main QB on the sidelines...

    Yes my first ever NFL top & one that I shall wear proudly is from the:

    BALTIMORE RAVENS

    Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December;
    And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.
    Eagerly I wished the morrow;—vainly I had sought to borrow
    From my books surcease of sorrow—sorrow for the lost Lenore—
    For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels name Lenore—
    Nameless here for evermore.

    And the silken, sad, uncertain rustling of each purple curtain
    Thrilled me—filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before;
    So that now, to still the beating of my heart, I stood repeating
    “’Tis some visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door—
    Some late visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door;—
    This it is and nothing more.”
    Last edited by Blobfish; 2018-12-08 at 08:49 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •