Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    If he was willing to restructure his contract and take less money he would have been in Denver. He wouldn't do that so he got released. No team was going to sign a QB that got outplayed by Blaine Gabbert what he was making for the 49ers. He had the opportunity to be traded and restructure but didn't.

The lawsuit was for after this happened.
    A bit of a reach on the Gabbert thing. I think you can make the argument in 2015, but not 2016 (on play alone--not arguing whether or not the better play is worth the $$ Kap commanded).

And to your point in your previous post--tough to say Kap would have been playing this whole time if he restructured his deal and went to Denver. I'd agree with that only under the condition that he played incredibly well--as it would make it much harder for someone to cave in on releasing him (this is assuming he still started his protest if he were in Denver). If he was mediocre to solid in Denver, under a reasonable contract, I think there's a pretty strong argument that he would have been cut anyway.

The settlement, particularly the complete gag order on everyone involved, and the lock up of all communication in the trial may as well be the NFL screaming from the top of a mountain that they colluded against Kap and Reid to keep them off teams. Do we think they wouldn't have done that had he been in Denver?

Not saying I'm right and you're wrong or anything like that--this is all a bunch of what ifs. The one known in all of this though is that the league pretty clearly didn't want him playing in the NFL and made that very known to the owners.
    Last edited by Espo; 2019-02-16 at 02:11 AM.

Bills released TE Charles Clay. What a FA bust he's been.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Former raiders GM Reggie McKenzie will be joining the Dolphins as a senior personnel executive." -Salguero/Rapoport

That's a good get for the Dolphins. The only problem is that they have so many voices in the room already. Have to wonder who in the end has final say and how much influence Reggie will have.

10+ Year Old Account
    These camera angles that the AAF is giving us ain't gonna work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was in the Inglewood area for the first time in a while, stadium is coming in nicely, starting to look like the concepts.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    It's that time again. The NFL season is well and truly over, and the next season is about to begin. We will begin a new season thread over here:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...amp-AAF-Thread

Thanks for everything this season and see you in the new one!