Deleted

Changing trinkets dilemma

So I've asked about this on the warrior discord a few times and I've never been able to get a solid answer. I'll try to keep my issue as clear as possible:

I want to swap out AoE trinkets in Mythic+
    I can't use a macro because it changes out CoF instead of swaping out aoe trinkets because CoF is the lowest ilvl. People say the only way to do this is to create gear sets.

- I already have a lot of gear sets. It's important to know I switch between two sets when dealing with trash (my boss fight sets aren't here):
    - 'AoE 3' (Belt/Sephuz & Glaives) for use in 3+ target packs
    - 'STGlaives' (Legs/Helm & Glaives) for use in fewer than 3 packs [so I don't put glaives on cooldown]

I assume those that bother to change gear sets will replace the whirlwind belt when it's not needed (fewer than 3 targets) and that's what I'm doing. I don't want to put glaives on cooldown though so I use 'STglaives' gear set.

The problem with this method is that I'll have to create +1 (or more if I start using more trinkets than Glaives/Terminus) permutations of a lot of my gear sets. For example:

AoE3 with glaives
    Aoe3 with Terminus

STglaives with glaives
    STglaives with terminus

That's getting pretty confusing already and that's keeping things as simple as possible.

All I want to do is change out trinkets from pack to pack but I just can't figure out how to do it easily when a macro won't work. There's got to be an easier way than using gear sets/manually dragging it to the character pane.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2018-02-20 at 04:37 PM.

Did they remove Equipslot command?

Wouldnt /equipslot 13 <name of item> (Or 14 if its the second trinket) work?

Havent really followed macro changes, shrug.

edit: forgot they changed trinket numbers

And by a quick check in game they do work so it should fix your problem.
    Last edited by potis; 2018-02-20 at 05:47 PM.

Equipment sets can ignore slots, so you can have sets for trinkets only, and sets for every slot except trinkets. When you have a set in the manager selected you'll get an arrow next to each slot, from there you can select the crossed out circle to ignore that slot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    Equipment sets can ignore slots, so you can have sets for trinkets only, and sets for every slot except trinkets. When you have a set in the manager selected you'll get an arrow next to each slot, from there you can select the crossed out circle to ignore that slot.
    So here's what I have so far. I'm writing this out mainly so I can think it through. It's close to what I had before. I can only see 1 problem so far.

Basic sets:

SThelm [helm/legs - khaz trinket]
    STexe [ring/legs - khaz trinket]

AOE (3+ targets) [belt/sephuz - glaives]

then I have a set which I'm not sure what to name but I'll call 'notrinket' that is SThelm set but ignores the trinket slot so I can keep aoe trinket from going on cooldown but allows me to switch to helm/legs.

Then I've got 2 macros for switching between terminus and glaives.

The only issue I've seen so far is if I need to go from SThelm to the 'notrinket' (so for example going to trash again after a boss) then instead of switching to glaives like I would have done in my set 'STglaives' in the OP, I'll be keeping Khaz on since 'notrinket' ignores the trinket slot and will use the last trinket I had on.

Still feels like I'm over complicating. I need to do use that ignore slot trick though so I can switch to less than 3 targets and keep my current aoe trinket from going on CD.

Feels like I'm trading in one problem for another.

Edit: Another issue:

AoE set > use glaives > click on macro to change to terminus > go to notrinket set for cleave pack > change back to aoe will take terminus off and put on glaives.

This is way too complicated.
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2018-02-20 at 07:55 PM.

you can drag gear sets onto your action bars for 1 click access.

Deleted
    I made an account just so i could post this, i was also a bit frustrated with not being able to find a straight answer on how to optimise trinket swap since its widely used if u want to min/max myth+.

This macro i made will show what trinket is equipped at the moment in equipment slot 14. If you click it it will use the currently equipped trinket. If you shift+click it will swap between Terminus and Moonglaives.

#showtooltip 14
    /equipslot [mod:shift] 14 Terminus Signaling Beacon
    /equipslot [mod:shift] 14 Umbral Moonglaive
    /use 14