Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    It's nice reading everyone's views on here. I visited the GW2 Reddit and it's just one massive circlejerk on how flawless the game is.

  2. #42
    Mechagnome Lynxium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    The Land Of Milk And Honey
    Posts
    642
    I avoid pvp almost entirely, people are evil in WoW - people will actually tell you to kill yourself if you ask a question
    I'm not sure what's the point of this statement because you can probably find toxic players in just about any game especially in PvP where the frustration of some player can be high and lead to toxicity so in my experience the majority of players in WoW are far from evil.

    Didn't play much GW2 as I got bored pretty fast after few weeks but I remember I really enjoyed the way quests work there.
    Last edited by Lynxium; 2018-02-27 at 04:23 AM.


    Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    You can easily get to ilvl900+ in one day.
    And you'll be around 60% weaker than anyone in ilvl 970+, which is average these days. Ascended has around 5% more stats than exotic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    GW2 requires the best gear to get in the highest content and isn't a progressive system.
    It's the progressive system from T1 fractals to raids in terms of difficulty and for T1 fractals you don't even need a single ascended piece.
    Also I don't really understand what's your point. In half a year your gear in WoW will become less than dirt. Your ascended gear will forever be the strongest gear. It's not even comparable.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

  4. #44
    Legendary! Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    6,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    It's nice reading everyone's views on here. I visited the GW2 Reddit and it's just one massive circlejerk on how flawless the game is.
    Every game has fans with blinders on, sadly.

    As much as I love WoW, the list of things I dislike about it is a long one.
    I'm not a defender of Blizzard, I'm an opponent of stupid.

  5. #45
    The Insane Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Algo Solar System.
    Posts
    18,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    It's nice reading everyone's views on here. I visited the GW2 Reddit and it's just one massive circlejerk on how flawless the game is.
    Aye every game has those people sadly who act like the game is God's greatest gift to mankind.

    Rift, Wildstar, ESO, BDO, WoW, GW2, FF14, FF11, Tera, Runescape and the list goes on.

    Hell even really small games such as Darkfall or Everquest are mostly a rabid fanbase these days.
    "Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is morphing time!" Gilgamesh. (Final Fantasy 5)
    I refuse to be a slave of fate! I will be the master of my own future! Shir Gold. (Phantasy Star 2)
    Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose. Ayrton Senna. (3 times Formula 1 World Champion)

  6. #46
    Legendary! Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    6,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynxium View Post
    I'm not sure what's the point of this statement because you can probably find toxic players in just about any game especially in PvP where the frustration of some player can be high and lead to toxicity so in my experience the majority of players in WoW are far from evil.

    Didn't play much GW2 as I got bored pretty fast after few weeks but I remember I really enjoyed the way quests work there.
    Exactly. You're not going to get away from toxic idiots no matter what game you play, but that doesn't mean everyone is like that.
    I'm not a defender of Blizzard, I'm an opponent of stupid.

  7. #47
    The Insane Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Algo Solar System.
    Posts
    18,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    And you'll be around 60% weaker than anyone in ilvl 970+, which is average these days. Ascended has around 5% more stats than exotic.

    It's the progressive system from T1 fractals to raids in terms of difficulty and for T1 fractals you don't even need a single ascended piece.
    Also I don't really understand what's your point. In half a year your gear in WoW will become less than dirt. Your ascended gear will forever be the strongest gear. It's not even comparable.
    970 is average? Lol what the hell.

    970 is close to Mythic which make up a minority of the playerbase.

    I'd say average is 945-960 at most. Definitely not 970.

    And personally I prefer working towards a new level and a gear treadmill. I like that. However GW2 does it differently which I don't mind.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Exactly. You're not going to get away from toxic idiots no matter what game you play, but that doesn't mean everyone is like that.
    This. A blind minority should not be viewed as the majority.

    Although there are small games where sadly that minority is more prominent.
    "Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is morphing time!" Gilgamesh. (Final Fantasy 5)
    I refuse to be a slave of fate! I will be the master of my own future! Shir Gold. (Phantasy Star 2)
    Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose. Ayrton Senna. (3 times Formula 1 World Champion)

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    970 is average? Lol what the hell.

    970 is close to Mythic which make up a minority of the playerbase.

    I'd say average is 945-960 at most. Definitely not 970.
    Well, you are actually right, I've just checked one of the guilds I know, they have 960 average with one kill in mythic. Still, power disparity between someone in 910 gear with random stats and 960 gear with BiS stats is enormous.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    And you'll be around 60% weaker than anyone in ilvl 970+, which is average these days. Ascended has around 5% more stats than exotic.

    It's the progressive system from T1 fractals to raids in terms of difficulty and for T1 fractals you don't even need a single ascended piece.
    Also I don't really understand what's your point. In half a year your gear in WoW will become less than dirt. Your ascended gear will forever be the strongest gear. It's not even comparable.
    Stop. If you are going to lie i'm not gonna proceed having a conversation.

    970 is mythic gear. Mythic that about less than 5% of the player base does. It is NOT the average ilvl. If you got 960, wich is something achievable with heroic, you will already be welcome in any pug group.

    As for fractals, you are right. I forgot we did have tiers, but these tiers are linked to ascended gear aquisition. You won't be able to progress unless you craft some ascended gear as it doesn't drop (or has a stupidly low drop chance) in lower tiers.

    My problem is that ascended gearing in GW2 is time consuming and boring and therefore i don't want to do it anymore. In WoW i do fun activities such as dungeons and raids to gear up. In GW2 i have to grind gold and mats, activities that i find boring, to gear up.
    Therefore, i prefer this activity in WoW.

    This convo is taking dumb turns. This was simple. GW2 is/was unbalanced. Devs change the balance and your best gear changes forcing you to more grind. Also, no, your gear won't be good forever as with new xpacs more optimal gear stat combinations come out wich will get you grinding again. The "you get your best gear forever" trope, is simply false.

  10. #50
    Titan PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    13,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Ok, first... wall of text.

    Now to the arguments. Your boyfriend didn't try very hard. Get to Argus and kill the (not so) rares. You can get a full set of gear in less than a day. I don't recall the ilvl, but it's blue gear in the latest tier. On the way, he will get argunite wich he can use to get 910 gear to fill up wichever pieces he hasnt. He will easily get in ilvl range to do mythic dungeons and LFR. I have done this you know. People do that on their Alts. You can easily get to ilvl900+ in one day.

    In GW2, you can buy the exotics, really easy. But, they don't have ideal stats unless you craft them. Grind and gold again, but bearable. Nw the difference is that WoW has a progression curve, so as you get gear, you gain acess to higher difficulties and better gear. GW2 requires the best gear to get in the highest content and isn't a progressive system. To get ascended gear, you're gonna have to grind gold, mats and dailies for the jewelry. That is to be expected in an mmo, but you are gonna have to either luck out with rare drops from world bosses/fractals or you will have to craft them, wich takes a long ass time for mats and gold. Theres crafting CD's that garantee you will take weeks to get a full set. It took me about a month.

    Now once you've done all that, patch comes. You need to grind gold and mats to make those sigils and get grinding dailies for a new set of jewelry. This was all just in one catacter. As you know, gold is extremely valuable in GW2. Not the candy it is in WoW. Unless you want to buy gold, but that defeats the purpose. It's P2Win.
    Do try to look at things objectively. What you have to do in GW2 is grind alot of gold and dailies. It takes a long time depending on your crafting professions and gold. All the grinding isn't fun.

    In WoW, you kill some rares and you do dungeons and raids. You are having fun and getting rewarded.

    Now, i'm not saying one is better than the other. Theres alot i like in GW2. But, gearing is significantly easier on WoW. It's not even a contest.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The first set is the hardest one in GW2. It took me about a month to make it for my ranger. Raids are completely off-limits, as are high level fractals.
    In WoW, you can gear up a character for normal mode raids in a week.

    It's not wich one you like best, its how much effort you are willing to put into learning and into getting the gear.

    Honestly though, this whole argument just came about cause people got pissy about the fact that i find it more of a chore to gear up geared up in GW2 than in WoW. This should be clear as day. Things are alot harder to get in GW2. It as nothing to do with content. It has to do with fun while doing it.

    Gearing up a new character in WoW is a joy. Doing the same in GW2 is a chore. Unless you know, again, if you are a veteran player, you probably got the gold and marks or whatever to get things more easily. Those of us that aren't though... it's a big barrier.
    Yup like is said, perspective depends on what game you like/know more.

    Fractals in GW2 progress like ilvl and mythic+ difficulty. If you naturally progress through fractals you'll earn enough relics for ascended gear, assuming you received no drops.

    Ascended gear isnt necessary for raids, they are tuned for exotics. If you're wiping due to the small bump that ascended gear gives you then your probably is skill, not gear.

    Theres like 20 different ways to get ascendes gear. You dont even need the righy stats due to stat swapping.

    I did that thing in Wo2 to catch up and it felt like hell. Thats before my disdain for WoWs stat system...which still isnt set in stone...changes every xpac. It feels like a chore. I change stats in GW2 to augment my build/playstyle. In WoW it feel like I have to grind ilvl to play content, too much ilvl removes any challenge.

    Im not dissing your opinion just different strokes for different folks.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Yup like is said, perspective depends on what game you like/know more.

    Fractals in GW2 progress like ilvl and mythic+ difficulty. If you naturally progress through fractals you'll earn enough relics for ascended gear, assuming you received no drops.

    Ascended gear isnt necessary for raids, they are tuned for exotics. If you're wiping due to the small bump that ascended gear gives you then your probably is skill, not gear.

    Theres like 20 different ways to get ascendes gear. You dont even need the righy stats due to stat swapping.

    I did that thing in Wo2 to catch up and it felt like hell. Thats before my disdain for WoWs stat system...which still isnt set in stone...changes every xpac. It feels like a chore. I change stats in GW2 to augment my build/playstyle. In WoW it feel like I have to grind ilvl to play content, too much ilvl removes any challenge.

    Im not dissing your opinion just different strokes for different folks.
    You can't get armor from factals though. You need to at least craft the insignias, wich again is alot of gold/grind.

    No one will take you to raids in exotics, unless it's someone willing to carry. Though i wish it wasn't the case. You also need to hit pretty high benchmarks.

    You are generalizing. Theres alot of ways to get ascended jewelry. Armor and weapons are more difficult. It's either lucky drops from world bosses or complex achievement requirement aka grindy... or crafting, wich is the most reliable way. If one gets into raids, one can get it aswell, but again, it's difficult to get in without already having a set.

    Theres way more stats in GW2 than WoW. Like, by far. Theres 4 secondaries in WoW and 4 primaries (and 3 terciaries, i believe. They don't matter). How many are there in GW2? I have honestly lost count. Like, that challenge thing is beyond the point for me. It's simply boring to me to get geared in GW2 It's a real chore. In WoW... i don't even notice it. It just comes naturally as i do the content. The power creep is a different issue, wich some like and others don't.

  12. #52
    Herald of the Titans Lazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Your Moms House
    Posts
    2,564
    GW2 is a casual poormans WoW xD they couldn't stick to the uniqueness of GW1 so they added lots of grind for mastery/ascended/stat combo and it's no different from any other game. They've abandoned pvp.. it is embarassingly bad.

    It has a couple pros like good graphics and good solo content but eventually you'd get bored by yourself I imagine so in the end you begin the grind. Ironically it takes like 9000x longer to get a legendary in GW2 than WoW. I just free boosted a 110 void elf priest and got prydaz after 2 days and I'm 913 doing normal antorus with my guild. And they say it's grindy? I get my 2nd legendary tomorrow after weekly reset.

    I think my problem stems from GW2 not adding catch up mechanics as the game goes on, they merely expand the ways in which you can obtain the best gear, but not increase the speed. And gods forbid you want to have a ascended condi, support, or tank set on swap. That grind is not enjoyable either, and idk why it has no gear or skill template so you manually change shit constantly.

    I played this game for years and never found 1 pre-cursor, you just end up buying everything on the trading post which is lame. Anyway that's my thoughts, it was a decent game at one point but years of cancerous pvp metasand the very very late addition meaningful content had me pretty jaded to the point I just gave up. I still haven't even tried a raid yet and probably never will. The hype is dead along with colin johansons smile kek.

    I imagine it would be more fun for someone who never tried it before so why not, base game is f2p but you'll want your elite specialization and begin grinding those masteries asap in HoT or if you can get them in the new xpac I dunno. The core classes are so inferior to expansion specs it's awful -_- it's like playing your class in WoW at 110 without your artifact traits.
    The greatest ever thread on MMO-Champion

    I work a lot, fuck my life.

  13. #53
    Herald of the Titans gaymer77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    2,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    <snip>
    1. The gear you get from killing rares in Argus creates ilvl 880 ilvl gear and it is random what slots (if any) you get when you kill the rares out there.

    2. We did go out to Argus and tried to get him some gear but the crafted gear is ilvl 885 so is the same ilvl and not worth it

    3. If you do every single rare, every single world quest involving veiled argunite, 2-3 invasions points a day (can only do once per 6 hours because of the lockout), weekly invasion point quest, weekly quest from Turalyon, and the weekly greater invasion point you'll yield 4500-7000 argunite a week. 1 relic costs 650 argunite so you can't even get a full set of 910 per week if you farm the shit out of argunite related stuff. That's 6-10 per week if you are running every thing possible every day when you can unlock them. This is AFTER you have fully unlocked Argus too.

    4. Mythic dungeons only award ilvl 885 gear unless you are doing a Mythic+. If you want to get gear that is 910 or higher you have to run a mythic+ 5 or higher. Most groups won't take you in for mythic+ unless you outgear it.

    5. Gear is not guarenteed off ANY boss in LFR, noraml raids, mythic, or mythic+. It is completely random if you have the RNG to have gear drop for you. My priest has went 5 weeks running current content LFR without seeing as much as 1 piece of gear drop that was usable.

    6. The fact that you CAN simply buy stuff on the trading post in GW2 that are exotics is actually the point of all this. There are plenty of exotics on there right now for under 20g each. Granted they are not BIS but we're not comparing WoW's BIS to GW2's BIS stuff.

    7. The difference between WoW and GW2 on stat changes is the simple fact that those BIS pieces in WoW for a class that had their stat weights change with a patch has to literally get a whole new set of gear for it. In GW2 you can head on over to the Mystic Forge with mats and change the stats on the same day as the patch coming out if you had the mats already. Costs ZERO gold if you had the mats already. Sigils, runes, and infusions can be extracted with their respective extraction devices ($20 if you buy them from the gem store to remove all of them from your gear). When you get new gear in WoW you also have to enchant & gem them again so is the nature of upgrading/replacing gear.

  14. #54
    Titan PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    13,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    You can't get armor from factals though. You need to at least craft the insignias, wich again is alot of gold/grind.

    No one will take you to raids in exotics, unless it's someone willing to carry. Though i wish it wasn't the case. You also need to hit pretty high benchmarks.

    You are generalizing. Theres alot of ways to get ascended jewelry. Armor and weapons are more difficult. It's either lucky drops from world bosses or complex achievement requirement aka grindy... or crafting, wich is the most reliable way. If one gets into raids, one can get it aswell, but again, it's difficult to get in without already having a set.

    Theres way more stats in GW2 than WoW. Like, by far. Theres 4 secondaries in WoW and 4 primaries (and 3 terciaries, i believe. They don't matter). How many are there in GW2? I have honestly lost count. Like, that challenge thing is beyond the point for me. It's simply boring to me to get geared in GW2 It's a real chore. In WoW... i don't even notice it. It just comes naturally as i do the content. The power creep is a different issue, wich some like and others don't.
    You certainly can get armor from fractals though...Boxes with armor drops are a pretty regular rate, or you get purchase armor with your fractal relics.

    No one will take you to raids in exotics, unless it's someone willing to carry. Though i wish it wasn't the case. You also need to hit pretty high benchmarks.
    The average group isn't gear checking you, nor cares as long as you're pulling a min amount of dps (very forgiving) or your boon upkeep is fine.

    You are generalizing. Theres alot of ways to get ascended jewelry. Armor and weapons are more difficult. It's either lucky drops from world bosses or complex achievement requirement aka grindy... or crafting, wich is the most reliable way. If one gets into raids, one can get it aswell, but again, it's difficult to get in without already having a set.
    Ever game mode gives you access ascended armor (PVE, PVP, WVW). If you want to do the slow burn you can get earn ascended just through failing raid bosses every week for shards. I feel like ascended gear has become two accessible because before Heart of Thorns it was seen somewhat as a luxury. Now people feel like they have to have it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post

    4. Mythic dungeons only award ilvl 885 gear unless you are doing a Mythic+. If you want to get gear that is 910 or higher you have to run a mythic+ 5 or higher. Most groups won't take you in for mythic+ unless you outgear it.
    This is my experience with Legion. Played up and through Halls of Valor, didn't bother with mythic but there really want many upgrades left for me to get. Came back because Blizz gave players a free week. My ilvl was at 885-890 or something, couldn't get into mythics. I'm talking > level 5 mythics. Same xpac, same gear, suddenly (well not suddenly because there was like a year and some change) and I can't return content I was easily doing before. Thats what irks me about WoW.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    970 is mythic gear. Mythic that about less than 5% of the player base does. It is NOT the average ilvl. If you got 960, wich is something achievable with heroic, you will already be welcome in any pug group.
    I've already admitted my mistake, still 960 is not that easy or fast to obtain, especially if you need some obscure stat combinations like shadow priest with shit ton of haste (I think, 13000 haste rating or so).
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    You won't be able to progress unless you craft some ascended gear as it doesn't drop (or has a stupidly low drop chance) in lower tiers.
    Ascended trinkets are pretty easy to obtain with laurels and LWS3 vendors, with attuned rings it will net you enough AR to clear T1 and T2. There are also elite spec collections and Caladbolg questline to easily acquire ascended weapon. Armor will take a while, but only the first time, considering ascended is account bound. If you want, you can even take your time and do Legendary Armor collection, legendary backpack and relatively new legendary trinkets, which will let you to keep one set of gear forever, since you'll be able to switch stats and runes on the fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Devs change the balance and your best gear changes forcing you to more grind.
    At most it'll mean you have to switch between your Berserker and Viper sets, which won't take you that much time to acquire.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

  16. #56
    Old God Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    10,863
    In regards to wow gear as a returnee going full casual(no mythic or NM raiding) i am able to do most open world stuff as a 880-890

    The issue is wow has made such a vast ilv gap it really blocks alot of avenues for returnees or newer players. They need to look at ffxiv or old wow imo(bring back valor points i say) so you can gear up properly no matter what you do

    As for gw2 ehhh depends how hardcore you play. If going pretty hardcore sole gane gw2 you can gey a basic starter gearset easy enough

    Full min max..ehhh that could take ALOT longer but most will not gear gate you like players in wow do.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    1. The gear you get from killing rares in Argus creates ilvl 880 ilvl gear and it is random what slots (if any) you get when you kill the rares out there.

    2. We did go out to Argus and tried to get him some gear but the crafted gear is ilvl 885 so is the same ilvl and not worth it

    3. If you do every single rare, every single world quest involving veiled argunite, 2-3 invasions points a day (can only do once per 6 hours because of the lockout), weekly invasion point quest, weekly quest from Turalyon, and the weekly greater invasion point you'll yield 4500-7000 argunite a week. 1 relic costs 650 argunite so you can't even get a full set of 910 per week if you farm the shit out of argunite related stuff. That's 6-10 per week if you are running every thing possible every day when you can unlock them. This is AFTER you have fully unlocked Argus too.

    4. Mythic dungeons only award ilvl 885 gear unless you are doing a Mythic+. If you want to get gear that is 910 or higher you have to run a mythic+ 5 or higher. Most groups won't take you in for mythic+ unless you outgear it.

    5. Gear is not guarenteed off ANY boss in LFR, noraml raids, mythic, or mythic+. It is completely random if you have the RNG to have gear drop for you. My priest has went 5 weeks running current content LFR without seeing as much as 1 piece of gear drop that was usable.

    6. The fact that you CAN simply buy stuff on the trading post in GW2 that are exotics is actually the point of all this. There are plenty of exotics on there right now for under 20g each. Granted they are not BIS but we're not comparing WoW's BIS to GW2's BIS stuff.

    7. The difference between WoW and GW2 on stat changes is the simple fact that those BIS pieces in WoW for a class that had their stat weights change with a patch has to literally get a whole new set of gear for it. In GW2 you can head on over to the Mystic Forge with mats and change the stats on the same day as the patch coming out if you had the mats already. Costs ZERO gold if you had the mats already. Sigils, runes, and infusions can be extracted with their respective extraction devices ($20 if you buy them from the gem store to remove all of them from your gear). When you get new gear in WoW you also have to enchant & gem them again so is the nature of upgrading/replacing gear.
    Not sure you realise what you are saying. Getting mostly a 910 set in one week means you get to run LFR in the latest tier and normal if you get lucky drops you go over that. Everything can war or titanforge and legendaries drop fairly quickly at the beggining which means a 1000ilvl piece.
    In GW2 you ain't seeing raids for at least a month and you will be off doing boring grinds huge difference.

    As for your zero gold with the biggest IF in the world says everything. As I said before, if you are a veteran player with loads of resources already, its NP. If you aren't you are screwed.
    I never log into a patch in wow and I'm suddenly not raid viable. That actually happens in GW2. WoW is way more balanced. Even if you don't have ideal stats the difference is minor. Those things usually happen when new tiers come out. In GW2 there's no tiers. One moment to the next you are just not viable. It's not something I'm comfortable with.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    In regards to wow gear as a returnee going full casual(no mythic or NM raiding) i am able to do most open world stuff as a 880-890

    The issue is wow has made such a vast ilv gap it really blocks alot of avenues for returnees or newer players. They need to look at ffxiv or old wow imo(bring back valor points i say) so you can gear up properly no matter what you do

    As for gw2 ehhh depends how hardcore you play. If going pretty hardcore sole gane gw2 you can gey a basic starter gearset easy enough

    Full min max..ehhh that could take ALOT longer but most will not gear gate you like players in wow do.
    Are you kidding. People in GW2 pug raids require ascended AND benchmarks. No one is wow asks you a benchmark. Just ilvl and progression scores.

    Fractals obviously require them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    You certainly can get armor from fractals though...Boxes with armor drops are a pretty regular rate, or you get purchase armor with your fractal relics.



    The average group isn't gear checking you, nor cares as long as you're pulling a min amount of dps (very forgiving) or your boon upkeep is fine.



    Ever game mode gives you access ascended armor (PVE, PVP, WVW). If you want to do the slow burn you can get earn ascended just through failing raid bosses every week for shards. I feel like ascended gear has become two accessible because before Heart of Thorns it was seen somewhat as a luxury. Now people feel like they have to have it.

    - - - Updated - - -



    This is my experience with Legion. Played up and through Halls of Valor, didn't bother with mythic but there really want many upgrades left for me to get. Came back because Blizz gave players a free week. My ilvl was at 885-890 or something, couldn't get into mythics. I'm talking > level 5 mythics. Same xpac, same gear, suddenly (well not suddenly because there was like a year and some change) and I can't return content I was easily doing before. Thats what irks me about WoW.
    You can't purchase armor and weapons with relics alone, i already said that. You need the crafting marks. Those you need to craft.
    The gear drops from the boxes are mostly jewelry (often with terrible stats). Armor itself is a very rare drop. In all the fractals i did i never had a piece of gear drop from a box. I did all the way to tier 3.

    Mythic + scales with each tier. It's not the same content you did before. It's harder. You could easily upgrade your gear with veiled argunite on Argus by doing the weeklies or by running LFR. These are activities that take you only a couple of hours in one day of the week. You don't have to grind for gold.
    I don't understand how you guys can even compare when it takes ages to get an ascended gear set in GW2 doing tasks that aren't fun.
    Last edited by Nemmar; 2018-02-27 at 03:27 PM.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    -snip-
    I think you don't understand something:
    1) Gear inflation in WoW means that if you skip few months, your gear will be worse than what freshly capped character has. Not only that, it means you'll start gearing from scratch every single time you resub. It may take more or less time in any given patch, but cumulatively in WoW you will spend much more time raising your ilevel to the content you want to do than doing said content. Comparatively, GW2 might take longer to get the best gear, but it remains best forever.
    2) In GW2 your build and your personal skill mean much more than your stats. Ascended by itself is a single digit percent upgrade over Exotic.
    3) You hide the fact that your performance in WoW depends not only on gear, but also on overpowered NLC relics, BiS legendaries and BiS stats, which overall may mean over 20% disparity on the same item level.
    4) If your definition of good path to gear is grinding the same content on million difficulties, it doesn't mean it's the definition of good path to gear.
    5) In WoW raid PUGs demand better gear than you can obtain in the content you want to do with PUG, so it's community problem, not the game's.
    Last edited by Rogalicus; 2018-02-27 at 03:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

  19. #59
    Titan PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    13,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post

    Mythic + scales with each tier. It's not the same content you did before. It's harder. You could easily upgrade your gear with veiled argunite on Argus by doing the weeklies or by running LFR. These are activities that take you only a couple of hours in one day of the week. You don't have to grind for gold.
    I don't understand how you guys can even compare when it takes ages to get an ascended gear set in GW2 doing tasks that aren't fun.
    Mythic fractals scales with each tier. It's not the same content you did before. It's harder. You could easily upgrade your gear with veiled argunite on Argus relics in FOTM by doing the weeklies or by running LFR with shards by running raids. These are activities that take you only a couple of hours in one day of the week. You don't have to grind for gold.
    I don't understand how you guys can even compare when it takes ages to get an ascended gear set in GW2 doing tasks that aren't fun.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Well, you are actually right, I've just checked one of the guilds I know, they have 960 average with one kill in mythic. Still, power disparity between someone in 910 gear with random stats and 960 gear with BiS stats is enormous.
    Yeah, but really getting ilvl 960 in WoW is not a huge challenge there. It is no joke that you can get ilvl 900+ in one day, heck I'd say fraction of a day. Then in between that and WoW basically throwing boatloads of gear at you - you can get to pretty high ilvl in a pretty short time.

    The biggest challenge will be sneaking into Heroic Raids, but if you have guild that will be a given.

    WoW has issues, but gearing is really not one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •