Will you need BoA to play classic?

Also, will the classes be like they were in the past? hunters with mana? hybrids useless on raiding? old talent system and skills? im so hyped about this, BoA might just be a trash but i miss classic wow and 40 man raiding, do you think big guilds will compete on it? will blizzard leave the content as is forever or will they find ways to make it interesting? will the characters be transferable to modern wow?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody knows.

They haven't shown yet. Classic might become a seperate game or integrated with the main game, I expect the former so you also need to be subbed to play. And classic should stay as close as possible to how it original was, with the only exception having smoother launches and bug fixes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Bound on account? huh?
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

It's BfA, and I doubt it. If it's a copy of an old build, I don't think it would even run on the same client.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is no way to know yet. We don't even know if classic will be released before BfA is over. That being said, I don't think you'll need BfA to play classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRoads View Post
    There is no way to know yet. We don't even know if classic will be released before BfA is over. That being said, I don't think you'll need BfA to play classic.
    Oh they meant BFA...

I doubt it op.

I'm guessing it'll either A: Be it's own separate purchase. Or B you'll need to pay a premium subscription ($20 instead of $15). It may also be a separate subscription altogether.

The game is built on the current infrastructure. So you should have access to battle.net friends and modern graphics options but other than that It should be identical to how it was in 2004. Including hunters with mana. It'll literally be a vanilla patch. They patch is hosted on the current infrastructure (which is why it's even possible) but it shouldn't have any patch content from modern WoW.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Also, will the classes be like they were in the past? hunters with mana? hybrids useless on raiding? old talent system and skills? im so hyped about this, BoA might just be a trash but i miss classic wow and 40 man raiding, do you think big guilds will compete on it? will blizzard leave the content as is forever or will they find ways to make it interesting? will the characters be transferable to modern wow?
    Uhm, no, wouldn't want a BoA, else I wouldn't go play classic.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    BFA looks just under Legion so far.
    Classic will be classic and I doubt you'll need BFA to play. They'll probably release classic with the later patchs already in so the shit glitches and class bugs and unfairness is gone
    I also suspect they'll balance the classes just a tad in terms of damage and healing

We don't know anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post
    Oh they meant BFA...

I doubt it op.

I'm guessing it'll either A: Be it's own separate purchase. Or B you'll need to pay a premium subscription ($20 instead of $15). It may also be a separate subscription altogether.

The game is built on the current infrastructure. So you should have access to battle.net friends and modern graphics options but other than that It should be identical to how it was in 2004. Including hunters with mana. It'll literally be a vanilla patch. They patch is hosted on the current infrastructure (which is why it's even possible) but it shouldn't have any patch content from modern WoW.
    If Classic isn’t simply an added feature Blizzard can go fuck themselves