Vrykul ... future allied race?

One of the few races I would play as new allied race would be Vrykul. I believe that they fit more in the Alliance than in the Horde, due to the Human vs Orc theme. After all Vrykul are to Humans as Trolls are to Elves, right? And they look too "Human" to fit the horde theme

Here are the classes i feel that fit in their lore:

- Warrior (Warrior Class Hall says hello)
    - Paladin and Priest (Val'kyr, Eyir, battlemaidens)
    - Death Knight (relevant race from Wrath of the Lich King)
    - Hunter (for example the hunter class mount quest)
    - Monk (brewmasters)
    - Mage (there are vrykul that know magic)

Missing a warrior in the alliance, so a Vrykul is a nice candidate

What do you think?

Also, as a Horde counterpart, ogres could be introduced as well. (big guy for a big guy, right?)
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-02-21 at 12:44 PM.

Vrykul druids also exist in-game.

As much as I'd like the Idea, Vrykul are too big too be implemented as a Playable race. Tauren already have some trouble while mounted and barely fit on foot in some tight spaces so I can't imagine Vrykul ever making it as playable for that reason only.

As for Ogres, in the Wacraft RPG, they are approximately the same height as Tauren so It could work eventually, but in WoW, I think they are a little bigger tho.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildspirit View Post
    As much as I'd like the Idea, Vrykul are too big too be implemented as a Playable race. Tauren already have some trouble while mounted and barely fit on foot in some tight spaces so I can't imagine Vrykul ever making it as playable for that reason only.

As for Ogres, in the Wacraft RPG, they are approximately the same height as Tauren so It could work eventually, but in WoW, I think they are a little bigger tho.
    This is arguable... but Vrykul come in different sizes as they shrink from giants to human size. So having a relict population of tauren sized Vrykul would work fine, if people accepted the same issues as tauren sometimes have.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Can we close this thread? Seriously, how many "Vrykuls as playable races" threads are we going to have?

No, retail WoW isn't a "fun" server.

Would rather have had them over both the Void Elves and Lightforged.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildspirit View Post

Lore and game heights differ, so I don't see why playable vrykul couldn't be shrunken to tauren-size. Their silhouette is unique enough to where they wouldn't just look like big humans.

What's funny is that ogres are actually shorter than tauren in lore now. Tauren males stand 10, an ogre male stands 8'.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Lore and game heights differ, so I don't see why playable vrykul couldn't be shrunken to tauren-size. Their silhouette is unique enough to where they wouldn't just look like big humans.

What's funny is that ogres are actually shorter than tauren in lore now. Tauren males stand 10, an ogre male stands 8'.
    well, it all comes down to GMOs. Not sure how Taurens are fed nowadays, but there's something seriously wicked about it! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post

I can see that! along side with Playable kul'tiran humans! seriously we need more Human variety in the alliance.