Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    WHRUNNNG,

Paladins in WC2 used warhammers and shields.

http://www.scrollsoflore.com/gallery...lbum=18&pos=16

raising your 2 handed mace and casting Tyr's Deliverance is the best thing that ever happened to holy paladins, visually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lordrevangr View Post
    [Posting this here too]
    So this farce has gone on for far too long (if you include the mace from Tyrant Vel'Haari from Mythic HFC, which was bis), Holy Paladins have been forced to use a 2 handed weapon for no other reason (other than the silly excuse that whats-his-name the Lightbringer used one once upon a time), for 3 years almost.
    Can we at least have a choice ? I get it that some people like that style, but honestly at this point the 1 handed and shield Holy Paladin is way more iconic than the singular 2 handed that Uther used.
    My Paladin has defeated, Illidan, The Lich King, Yogg'Saron, Kel'Thuzad, Deathwing, Garrosh, Time travelling Orcs that made no sense and so on using a 1 handed and shield, i dont see why my class fantasy should be inspired from some human paladin that died at the hands of a traitor.

At least give us a choice.

/discuss
    Preach brother/sister

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    And just how spread were 2-h healer paladins?
    Perhaps 1 in 10; due to it being sub-optimal for most types of content. Noone forced them to use the Tyrant hammer; they just chose to due to aesthetic prefference.
    The mace was BiS. 2 Handed Holy Paladins were super popular honestly, at least to my memory there wrent many Holy Paladins in the raiding scene using the 1 handed mace from Archimonde and a shield. And if they did, they were probably unlucky on Tyrant drops.
    For the Glory of Mankind

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamir View Post
    raising your 2 handed mace and casting Tyr's Deliverance is the best thing that ever happened to holy paladins, visually.
    Meh, I think that new Holy Light animation where the golden magical libram appears in your hand is but that's BFA Alpha.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    Yeah, I want my shield back too.
    same here, 1h mace or sword with a shield looks sweet to me
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Pretty pointless reply. Even if it is public knowledge which is irrelevant, the fact remains that with the way the current system works, if a 2 handed mace is bis (which is pretty likely) then i won't be able to transmog it to a 1 handed + shield. That's the problem. I don't want Blizzard to completely remove 2 handed Holy Paladins, i want choice.
    Oh I understand. This isn't about you not wanting to wield a 2her anymore, it's about you not wanting stats to dictate whether or not you can wield a 1her and shield or not. Am I correct?

If that is the case, hopefully Blizzard acknowledge that with more free transmog options. I can't imagine them being so flexible as to allow a 2her to become a shield + 1her, but you never know. They've been listening to player feedback pretty well ever since WoD, seeing as they're trying to earn player trust back.

Just keep vocal on WoW reddit and the forums, as those are the two most likely places a dev will see your request.
    Eagerly waiting one expansion at a time for the Tinker/Mechanic/Engineer class since 2010

Considering the current trend of many sources of physical damage in raids/myth+ like KJ Soaks, physical dots, charging/leaping/bladestorming mobs, im eager to say that the legion artefact hammer is only good because it gives you baseline +30% armor just because you equip it, i doubt that holy paladins get a passive or something of along the line of "if you equip a 2hand you get X% armor/physical reduction" so if there are physical damage oneshot mechanics in a raid/dungeon ill take a guess and say 1hand/shield >2hander.

Deleted
    The mace was BiS. 2 Handed Holy Paladins were super popular honestly, at least to my memory there wrent many Holy Paladins in the raiding scene using the 1 handed mace from Archimonde and a shield. And if they did, they were probably unlucky on Tyrant drops.
    It was also pretty rare in the non-raiding community (which entails most of the player-base) and in the PvP community (the bonus armor from a shield far outweights the effect of having BiS stats in this scenario).

I'm not much of a healer myself but i'd also take into consideration how armor affects damage you soak due to Aura of Sacrifice.

We're yet to see whether they are implementing a passive to counteract the loss of the artifact's armor...

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=18717/ha...der#dropped-by was my healing weapon in vanilla until I started raiding and got some MC gear.

I find hpalas wielding 2h weapons ugly and repulsive. Wouldn't date.

I want my beautiful shield back.

They should make Avenging Crusader a Holy Paladin talent. If you choose Avenging Crusader, you become a "melee healer" focused paladin. Avenging Crusader should require a 2h weapon and change some of your cast heals into melee abilities that heal via damage done. And paladins who prefer the "priest in plate" style of healing could skip that talent and continue using a 1h/shield combo and heal from range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ForrestAnthony View Post
    Pretty pointless complaint. It's public knowledge that we're returning to standard weapon systems in BfA. Artifacts were a Legion gimmick and with Legion ending so do they. Monks can have 1hers and polearms, Fury warriors can have 1hers again, Frost DK's can have 2hers, and Holy paladins will be no exception.

Shield + 1her to your heart's content, friend.
    Fury Warriors cannot use 1handers in BfA.
    Frost cannot use 2handers in BfA.

I'll be super pissed if there isn't any option to transmog into a 2h. Hate shield/1h.

Take 2h mace from holy paladins and give that to enchantment shaman please. Missing the old days with 2h + windfury procs ������

All of the shields in game usually look like shit so if I had to use a 1 hander +shield I will be upset. They better implement a way to transmog whatever weapon we loot into our artifacts or there will be riots.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    All of the shields in game usually look like shit so if I had to use a 1 hander +shield I will be upset. They better implement a way to transmog whatever weapon we loot into our artifacts or there will be riots.
    I'll just shelve my paladin again. The only paladin spec I enjoy is Holy and the priest-in-plate, sit in the back and spam Holy Light play style is dull as shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Fury Warriors cannot use 1handers in BfA.
    Frost cannot use 2handers in BfA.
    To be totaly correct they can use the weapons, they just cannot use some (most) of their abbilities with it (f.e. Obliterate requring 2 1-handed weapons to use)

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy paladin were always shield users, in fact that what made them insanely popular in 2v2 way back in tbc arena because their insane high armor with plate + shield
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

7+ Year Old Account
    Going from lore, I think there is a strong argument that paladins began as a 2h class. All 5 of the founding members of the silver hand were knights known for faith and being badass warriors who used 2h weapons. Uther (2h hammer), Alexandros Mograine (Ashbringer 2h), Gavinrad the Dire (2h hammer), Turalyon (Ill be honest I dont know much before he picked up Lothars big sword but any pic you look at is 2h sword, maybe with libram), and Saiden Dathrohan (2h hammer or sword depending on source).

These guys also were presented with sacred and enchanted librams further embedding holy books into our class history.

An argument could be made that as knights-gone-holy these guys were more akin to Ret paladins, but then who would be the first holydin? I mean... blizz has stated that heavy lore characters are not restricted to class concepts because of the rule of cool but not one of our founders used a shield.

I think in the context of protection paladins a shield makes 100% sense. But its a bit more fluid with holy. I prefer the shield look myself but I think holy can exist in a *play it your way* mindset which it looks like BFA is going to allow.

I would love if anyone can dig out the earliest mention of a holy paladin though. The people saying paly has always been sword and board are, i assume, reffering to their context in wow. Realistically paladins class fantasy go back much further however. I would say we should probably wear cloth by that same measure as most of the vanilla pallies wore int/spirit cloth gear for mana/regen.