Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Paladins were a 2 handed class way before WoW, with Arthas, Uther, and all other generic paladins you see are 2 handed users.

Now of course Protection paladins should use shields.

Holy should have the option to choose in BfA imo, with the dynamic stats on weapons these days.

The main reason 2 handers haven't been used in the past was stats on them, now any weapon they design could be int/agi/str if they wish.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-03-09 at 02:42 PM.

What better way to emphasize the “defender” part than a giant two handed hammer to the face?

Shields are for tanking. : )

agree. holy need choice to use shield.

Deleted
    Well the default weapon for holy on alpha is a 1h shield so I assume its back :P Least it was on the vids I seen.

Why carry a shield if we're not using it

Quote Originally Posted by Heldamon View Post
    Why carry a shield if we're not using it
    Why do mages/warlocks/priests/monks carry weapons then ? They aren't using them...
    For the Glory of Mankind

Quote Originally Posted by lordrevangr View Post
    Why do mages/warlocks/priests/monks carry weapons then ? They aren't using them...
    In terms of the casters (and this goes for Elemental Shaman and Balance Druid as well) the weapon - usually a staff or dagger - is really about the storage/channeling of magic, not the actual martial effectiveness.

For monks, where martial arts which use weapons are 100% things in real life (such as Iaido or some disciplines of kung-fu), it's really more just a limitation/laziness on Blizzard's part. The Pandaren monk in the Mists opening cinematic uses both unarmed attacks and his staff to put the orc and human in their place.

(Non sequitur, but fun fact: Chrome thinks Iaido isn't a word, but it somehow knows Pandaren is. Go figure.)
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

or or or....better idea, add a shockadin spec that will stick to using the 2hander int weapon while pure healing pallies use the sword n board

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Holy paladin were always shield users, in fact that what made them insanely popular in 2v2 way back in tbc arena because their insane high armor with plate + shield
    That point is moot since we get passive armor bonus as well as extra health now.

Wish it was a choice, like old dagger /offhand vs staff for casters.

I want it gone too ,but at the same time i recognise that if it goes, its probably going to be a long time before we can tmog to our artifact appearences, which sucks. I mean just look at the history of wow - how many 2h maces can you count that have spell power? From memory - TOT trash weapon super rare, battered hilt weapon, a blue in WoD.. probably another 2 or 3 i'm missing.

So around 5 or 6 over the course of 14 years.

Yikes.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    I mean just look at the history of wow - how many 2h maces can you count that have spell power? From memory - TOT trash weapon super rare, battered hilt weapon, a blue in WoD.. probably another 2 or 3 i'm missing.

So around 5 or 6 over the course of 14 years.

Yikes.
    We also didn't have dynamic stats on weapons for the longest time.

They can easily make str/int maces, or even str/int/agi maces or other 2 handers.

Give people choice.

If they are gonna remove master looter, why not let more people get access to more weapons, and trade stuff still.

Having only 1 mainstat on weapons really is old news, and removal of relics should free up some space on loot tables.

Now I am not saying all weapons should be 3-stat, but 2-stat seems reasonable between classes.

Maybe no int polearms or 2h-axes, make those str/agi instead.

Since they seem to move away from weapon damage on abilities, agi/int staff can exist for hunter/druids too, and daggers could be int/agi as well. (caster weapons used to have lower dps in most cases in the current game).

Then some 1 handed swords could be str/agi/int.

Blizz really seems to focus on moving more towards personal loot, and dynamic stats on weapons/armor will allow them to fill loot tables without oversaturation.

I am not saying this is a perfect solution, but it'd fit in the current design.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-03-28 at 10:45 AM.

Deleted
    Blizz doesn't give a fuck about what we want our class fantasies to be... I'm removing my DK as a main coz can't play 2h frost ever again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man referring to Uther as just some human paladin is sad to read!

When paladins came out, many were saddened to see that there were very few two handers worth using to heal with. Finkles was the like the only bone given to holy paladins who wanted two handers. We all imagined Paladin being like Uther or other Warcraft 3 paladins. Using a two hander with a libram maybe.

At this point you’ve had far more years of using shields than two handers so I find the complaining a little silly. One thing that does suck is all the artifact skins holy paladins get will never be used again unless you spec ret. That seems a bit unfair. Unless Blizzard has a solution for that in BFA that I’m unaware of.

Pretty sure we have the choice back in BfA, which, obviously, is good. Harder for Blizzard to itemise, but oh well, when that has ever been perfect?

10+ Year Old Account
    If they go back to shield it means no more cool tmog
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Man referring to Uther as just some human paladin is sad to read!

When paladins came out, many were saddened to see that there were very few two handers worth using to heal with. Finkles was the like the only bone given to holy paladins who wanted two handers. We all imagined Paladin being like Uther or other Warcraft 3 paladins. Using a two hander with a libram maybe.

At this point you’ve had far more years of using shields than two handers so I find the complaining a little silly. One thing that does suck is all the artifact skins holy paladins get will never be used again unless you spec ret. That seems a bit unfair. Unless Blizzard has a solution for that in BFA that I’m unaware of.
    Why though ? Compared to the average Paladin player, Uther is literally a peon. I don't see why my class fantasy has to be based on him when my character alone has been doing all that she has been doing while using 1 hander and a shield. (You know like defeating the betrayer, ending the Scourge threat, killing Old Gods and so forth).
    Now ofc, i get it that people like having a 2 hander, i do too and i will be using my Artifact's skins every now and then, i just prefer the Shield + 1 handed combo, it screams Holy Paladin way more to me personally.
    For the Glory of Mankind

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordrevangr View Post
    Why though ? Compared to the average Paladin player, Uther is literally a peon. I don't see why my class fantasy has to be based on him when my character alone has been doing all that she has been doing while using 1 hander and a shield. (You know like defeating the betrayer, ending the Scourge threat, killing Old Gods and so forth).
    Now ofc, i get it that people like having a 2 hander, i do too and i will be using my Artifact's skins every now and then, i just prefer the Shield + 1 handed combo, it screams Holy Paladin way more to me personally.
    I think the thing here is twofold. One, your character may have done those things but not in the canon. So your character did all that, but to me your character is just another peon as you would describe Uther. This is how most people will see your or my character. They don’t see us and think wow there goes the champ.

Secondly, it’s not just based on Uther. It’s based on the entire paladin class fantasy as it was in Warcrafts mythology. If you go back to pre-WoW or even novels you’ll see that paladins were priests who wore heavy armor and swung the big two handed weapons on the front lines with warriors. Keeping them alive with healing power and blessings. There really was no history for using a sword and board. At least not in the Warcraft Paladin mythos.

I personally like 2h holy but I think we should absolutely get an option when it comes to this kind of things, at the very least the visual part of it.

Don't worry about the lack of a book in BFA, you pull (or push...) the book out of your ass whenever you cast your heal.