Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ...
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-prim...t-may-9th.html

So that is 3 times in a row now it's been delayed.

What an absolute mess. So slated for April initially, then May 2nd, then today and now delayed yet again.

They just can't help themselves from messing this up can they? Really seems that not continuing past the first month I threw on was a good choice.

I just feel bad for those waiting to get in the raid and have been told it's delayed consistently.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-05-09 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-prim...t-may-9th.html

So that is 3 times in a row now it's been delayed.

What an absolute mess. So slated for April initially, then May 2nd, then today and now delayed yet again.

They just can't help themselves from messing this up can they? Really seems that not continuing past the first month I threw on was a good choice.

I just feel bad for those waiting to get in the raid and have been told it's delayed consistently.
    Yeah, that seals it for me that they are literally flying by the seat of their pants and know about as much about the next 3-4 months of the games life as the Prime players do...in that they aren't actually planning ahead at all. I get that delays happen and that under normal circumstances this wouldn't be super out of pocket, but given how they've handled everything with this server so far it seems pretty clear that there isn't actually any preparation and things are being pushed out as soon as they're ready. Which blows my mind, since they're not even creating new content, they're tweaking existing content to fit in with their fucky version of a classic server that still doesn't make much sense to me.

It's getting to the point where I don't even want to see news about Trion games now, because it just depresses the hell out of me : (

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, that seals it for me that they are literally flying by the seat of their pants and know about as much about the next 3-4 months of the games life as the Prime players do...in that they aren't actually planning ahead at all. I get that delays happen and that under normal circumstances this wouldn't be super out of pocket, but given how they've handled everything with this server so far it seems pretty clear that there isn't actually any preparation and things are being pushed out as soon as they're ready. Which blows my mind, since they're not even creating new content, they're tweaking existing content to fit in with their fucky version of a classic server that still doesn't make much sense to me.

It's getting to the point where I don't even want to see news about Trion games now, because it just depresses the hell out of me : (
    To be fair I imagine the idea is to get the raid out with balance changes. But the issue with that is these balance changes should have been a thing at least the first month into the server. And all this is going to do is make people more impatient and just cancel their subs.

The idea of a fresh start was not only a reset but I was hoping Trion would kind of have a small "fresh start" as well and go back to actually giving a shit about the game.

But well if this server is set to last a year then 1/6th of the way in and we are only close to getting the first of the Classic raids speaks volumes.

Forgive me if I sound like I'm attacking anyone here but how can people still be loyal to a company that lies, uses deceptive methods and has consistently spat on you time and time again with inferior products? I mean I'm not saying you can't enjoy Trion products but well they really have become a completely different company as of late.

I genuinely wonder what is going on at Trion sometimes.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-05-09 at 04:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    if this server is set to last a year then 1/6th of the way in and we are only close to getting the first of the Classic raids speaks volumes
    The 'last a year' was never set in stone by Trion and based on some Live Stream Dev talk, it will already go beyond a lot more than a year, was a bit too much from players to expect seven years condensed down into one, we'd have to be doing two new raids a month given the amount of raids Rift has.

Also Greenscales Blight is hard, very hard, we still haven't managed to get a single boss down yet and this is with some of the class changes still to be done, some screenies from last nights testing, bear in mind i have just over 16,000 health raid buffed on the Prime PTS and you can see from the death shots the amount of damage flying around, the first is from the add Prince Hylas ressurects, she did more damage as an add than the actual Oracle boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    The 'last a year' was never set in stone by Trion and based on some Live Stream Dev talk, it will already go beyond a lot more than a year, was a bit too much from players to expect seven years condensed down into one, we'd have to be doing two new raids a month given the amount of raids Rift has.
    I mean, if they keep rolling out content and delaying it so slowly yeah, of course it will take over a year. The issue is that there doesn't seem to be any actual longterm plans for Prime. No roadmap, no broader vision with clear "end dates" (or not). Trion seems to be flying by the seat of their pants and has as much visibility on the next 3-6 months of Prime as the playerbase does.

At least that's sure how it looks as someone not playing Prime but following along a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, if they keep rolling out content and delaying it so slowly yeah, of course it will take over a year. The issue is that there doesn't seem to be any actual longterm plans for Prime. No roadmap, no broader vision with clear "end dates" (or not). Trion seems to be flying by the seat of their pants and has as much visibility on the next 3-6 months of Prime as the playerbase does.

At least that's sure how it looks as someone not playing Prime but following along a bit.
    Of course there is no roadmap. Trion couldn't plan their own funeral if they tried.

Who announces content 3 times in a row and delays it? I mean once fair enough. But 3 times in a short period? They clearly knew it wasn't ready.

Prime while good on paper has been an absolute mess so far.

1. Class Balance only getting the PTS run despite classes like Warrior mentioning their issues week 1.

2. Consistently delayed content.

3. Buggy as hell content along with insane ability lag for the first few weeks.

4. Overtuned content such as the first boss in Darkening Deeps Normal hitting for a metric fuckton that is hell to heal through unless the tank knows how to kite it efficiently.

5. Resources being focused on it despite the devs saying they would develop for both versions. 7 months without a content patch on live. And barely a peep of the actual content for it other than minor stuff.

Right now all Prime seems is that you pay the sub to avoid the non P2W/P2A shit live has. Nothing more. Quite frankly it's not worth the money.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-05-11 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    we'd have to be doing two new raids a month given the amount of raids Rift has.

Also Greenscales Blight is hard, very hard, we still haven't managed to get a single boss down yet and this is with some of the class changes still to be done, some screenies from last nights testing, bear in mind i have just over 16,000 health raid buffed on the Prime PTS and you can see from the death shots the amount of damage flying around, the first is from the add Prince Hylas ressurects, she did more damage as an add than the actual Oracle boss.

First off, people expected early raids. The fact that 3 months in and no raids yet sucks. I know the majority of players I was playing with assumed raids were going to be up 2-3 weeks after launch.

Also I love that you are talking like its a good thing about greenscale being hard. If anything it shows that its terribly balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by supersnap View Post
    First off, people expected early raids. The fact that 3 months in and no raids yet sucks. I know the majority of players I was playing with assumed raids were going to be up 2-3 weeks after launch.

Also I love that you are talking like its a good thing about greenscale being hard. If anything it shows that its terribly balanced.
    To be fair the idea of Prime is to be challenging. If this raid does that then fair enough.

But you don't announce content in the space of 3 weeks and delay it 3 times.

It just shows their incompetence at managing this server. And right now I don't see it being a long term success. Especially when it has to progress to Nightmare Tide and Starfall Prophecy which were panned to hell. Hell SFP is still a damn mess. So if they are fixing a prime version of it at least fix the live version.

It just sounds like they did a 180 on how much damage they want. From slivers doing not enough to gsb doing too much.

Deleted
    What is keeping me from trying Prime, did play for 2 years in 2011, is how unbalanced the game seems to be from what I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    What is keeping me from trying Prime, did play for 2 years in 2011, is how unbalanced the game seems to be from what I have heard.
    Warriors are in a diabolical state at the moment and Clerics are in a meh state too.

They have been like this since day 1 which was over 2 months ago and the changes that will supposedly improve them have only just started to go through testing.

So in terms of balance the game is in a dire state at the moment and the fact it's taken them 2 months to even get the changes needed on a test server again says that their "roadmap" for this server was absolute BS from them.

If you are going in expecting 2011 Rift then don't. It's basically a progression server but without things like the original soul trees which has killed quite a bit of build diversity. This is not a Classic server. Quite frankly it's a cheap attempt at a progression server as well imo.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-05-13 at 09:23 PM.