Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Donald Trump Listening to Feedback on Gun Control Livestream

So far it's quite interesting, Hopefully Betsy DeVos and Trump are truly listening closely to what they have to say.

You could probably convince Trump to go along with just about anything if you sound like you know what you're talking about and flatter him.

Problem is the GOP congress and others in Trump's orbit. I don't expect them to accomplish much of anything unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    You could probably convince Trump to go along with just about anything if you sound like you know what you're talking about and flatter him.

Problem is the GOP congress and others in Trump's orbit. I don't expect them to accomplish much of anything unfortunately.
    So far a lot of the discussion is not about Tackling Gun Violence, but only want to focus on Security(which isn't a bad thing to fix either).

Trump is right now discussing about Arming teachers so this seems like the Angle Trump is leaning toward.

- - - Updated - - -

So Trump just Admitted Age and Mental Health is what he's going for. (most likely)
    Last edited by szechuan; 2018-02-21 at 10:16 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Betsy devos. That's a name i barely ever hear.

Did she say something about school shooting? She is after all the secretary of education, it seems school shooting would be somewhat in her alley.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    So far a lot of the discussion is not about Tackling Gun Violence, but only want to focus on Security(which isn't a bad thing to fix either).

Trump is right now discussing about Arming teachers so this seems like the Angle Trump is leaning toward.

- - - Updated - - -

So Trump just Admitted Age and Mental Health is what he's going for. (most likely)
    Good then that he gutted mental health care with his budget...
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Good then that he gutted mental health care with his budget...
    I think what he meant when he said he'll tackle Mental Health is just the backround check, but he is making it seem like he may be talking about improving mental health care. but idk cause it's trump. He's known to change his mind a lot.

And let's not forget that Trump is a one step forward 100 steps backward kind of guy.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...hers-with-guns

We're back to "Just arm teachers!".

Because this is a rational world with rational people.

Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    Sauce for that image?

Also holy shit, does he really have "45" sewn into his cuffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...hers-with-guns

We're back to "Just arm teachers!".

Because this is a rational world with rational people.
    I personally loved the armed the janitors part. When I was in school the janitor had a notorious habit of going behind the gym on a park bench and falling asleep (he did eventually get fired for this but it took years).

Still I think people should have realized that when you do conferences like this everyone is going to be vetted so an opinion you don't want presented would not be present. For example when George W showed up to our small town I wasn't allowed to go to the Q&A session although I was deeply involved in politics just the thought of seeing our president (even if I disagreed with him) was a great honor...now that I think about it how far we have fallen.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I understand having a list of question to ask your guest, it shows he is prepared but...

What is "5. i hear you" supposed to be? a reminder to say that he has heard them? why does anyone even need that reminder?

Also holy shit, does he really have "45" sewn into his cuffs?
    He does. You can see it when he crosses his arms at 26:21 in the youtube vid.

That screencap looks like it comes from around 50:35. But the youtube video isn't high enough quality for me to make out the words.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2018-02-21 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    ROFL This made my day BWAAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    I understand having a list of question to ask your guest, it shows he is prepared but...

What is "5. i hear you" supposed to be? a reminder to say that he has heard them? why does anyone even need that reminder?
    He's spent most of his life hearing "yes Mr. Trump."

To be fair though, it is a good speaking technique when addressing a crowd with concerns to show that you understand where they are coming from. So far though he's only had to engage people who think like he does and he's not use to it.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post

That screencap looks like it comes from around 50:35. But the youtube video isn't high enough quality for me to make out the words.
    Yeah, the words seem to check out given the zoom-in as he puts it away (similar length/position) but not clear enough on stream.

And jesus, his narcissism continues to impress me.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the words seem to check out given the zoom-in as he puts it away (similar length/position) but not clear enough on stream.

And jesus, his narcissism continues to impress me.
    you mean, the presidential coin didn't tip you off.

other presidents before him didn't put their name. on the photo, you have obama, biden and pence's coins.

PS: Even have the "Make America Great Again" slogan on the coin. I didn't notice before. That shit is hilarious.
    Last edited by Vankrys; 2018-02-21 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    you mean, the presidential coin didn't tip you off

other presidents before him didn't put their name. on the photo, you have obama, biden and pence's coins.
    no I refuse to believe that's real. ROFL THIS IS TOO MUCH! BWAAHAHAAHHAH omfg.

Just a clarification it's called the presidential challenge coin.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2018-02-21 at 11:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything positive that comes out of this, and I am sure as hell not counting arming teachers and janitors as positive, will be undone when the next person whispers in his ear that we need NRA money to fund the 2018 midterms.

So yeah. I saw that Trump was actually holding a live town hall type meeting. I was waiting for the the disaster but this moron literally has to write down his talking points on some notes.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Anything positive that comes out of this, and I am sure as hell not counting arming teachers and janitors as positive, will be undone when the next person whispers in his ear that we need NRA money to fund the 2018 midterms.
    If i could erase everything i know about Trump and hear for the first time the phrase "Arming teachers and janitors", i would have a gigantic WTF moment right now.

But instead, knowing what i know about Trump, this feels strangely normal.