View Poll Results: Do you like to be anonymous on the internet?

Voters
49. This poll is closed
  • Yes

42 85.71%
  • No

7 14.29%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Yeah. It's nice to say a bunch of shit, and not get your balls busted for it.

Quote Originally Posted by monkfailz View Post
    I just wanted to start a thread about anonymity and the internet. Do you think it is good to be anonymous on the internet? Do you like to be anonymous? I know this thread is probably lol. Do you like Reddit? Whenever I think Reddit, I think The Internetz. Reddit is just random online people to me. I don't really care about anyone on Reddit. I don't know. But I shouldn't say that since I never really use Reddit. But I know what it is. I know Subreddits. It's just whenever I think reddit, i think internet, i think anonymity.
    Hell yeah I do, I had someone harass me once because they disagreed with my tactics in StarCraft, they got further pissed at me when I kicked their ass 1 on 1

I'm fiercely protective of my anonymity for safety reasons. I was stalked by someone online when I was a teenager. All they had was my name and the city I lived in, which was enough for them to show up at my front door. Terrified my mother, the police were involved, it was scary. Nothing's changed, if anything it's gotten even easier to find people thanks to social media.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Being anonymous has many advantages and disadvantages, but I am overall in heavy favour of it. Sure, we get some shitty trolls and such, but overall it also allow people to have discussions and explore new ideas, while at the same time not being held accountable for every single little thing you have ever said. A lot of people, me included, like to keep their internet "me" and their real life "me" separate. I still have the same opinions and standpoints as in real life, but in real life, i am more than just my opinion and my avatar, but an actual person with responsibilities. The internet can also be an escape, and an outlet, a function it would lose if it was no longer anonymous.
    but overall it also allow people to have discussions and explore new ideas, while at the same time not being held accountable for every single little thing you have ever said.

Too much access to information. A lot of things can by tracked by the average person with an internet connection (which is everyone here in 2018) and it is kinda scary. I mean, look, if I go out tomorrow and see a cute server... best believe within 5-10 i'll have the 411 on her. And THAT is a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    I think Real ID with real names on blizzards forums would have made things more interesting when it was first proposed.