Best follower to have as a body guard/buddy.

I have a little alt warrior who hit 110 *checks watch* an hour or so ago, So I wanna find a follower to have accompany me so I can get extra order resources from world quests I was just curious who was the best to do this - aka someone who doesn't contribute a lot to doing missions but has a decent ability - and please not meatball because I hate gnoll models.

I use Thorim myself for the stun and 25% dmg buff

I've been using Dvalen, mostly because it's nice to hear that Dwarf accent randomly as I quest about. He isn't particularly useful, but resources/gold/ap is nice.

I use Thorim. He's not constantly in the way or shouting like Dvalen is, and the aoe stun + 25% damage buff is nice. I'd be using Eitrigg if I hadn't already loaded up Thorim with good equipment before even getting the Orc.

Deleted
    Anything that taunts can burn in hell

Thorim gives 25% Attack Power buff for 5 minutes + AoE Stun - obvious choice

I end up using the dwarf cause thats where i poped my resource/gold legendary tokens and it really pisses me off cause he stuns at the worst times :/

No idea what to take, but I can tell you not to take Dvalen Ironrune. His damage is negligible (it has no % modificator as other bodyguards have), and his stun is more annoying than useful in times where you want to pull as much mobs as possible. Or when he stuns some flying mob midair so you cannot even reach it.

And you should avoid any tank follower with a taunt (my paladin uses one and while it was very useful at the start for soloing wardens quest (he even could taunt bosses that a pet could not) he has the same problems as the previously mentioned stun, that he just tanks one mob away from the group or even worse when he taunts mid air and he and the mob start evading).

And you have to balance their mission power and their follower power (Meatball is a fantastic bodyguard, but he is an even better mission follower).

And while you can easily equip a mission follower char with MacAree gear, the bodyguard gear depends on your legendary luck from the command center and cannot easily be changed later.

For real, get Meatball, isn't too hard now with the gear we can get. So good for world content with those orbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Absolutely Thorim as other posters have mentioned. You can call him when you want the damage buff and you will receive the extra resources or gold whether you call his assistance or not.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I run with Dvalen. Sure, his dps isnt the best, and he interrupts whenever he feels like it, and he mounts instantaneously after combat (which impedes looting; thanks, proto-drake). But, being a fellow dwarf, I wouldnt swap him for anyone. Just a couple dwarf warrior bros smacking outdoor mobs. Im not a RP'er, but I couldnt imagine doing Broken Shore or Argus content without my dwarf buddy.

Deleted
    Thorim all the way with 3 x 50 gold for every WQ done

got stun + 25% attack power for 5 mins every 2 mins

and ofc whats most important that u activate whenever u want so u wont be in combat when u wanna mount up or use flight master like u might get with a permanent follower or one with rng auto spawn