Poll: Who do you want to be the next leader of the Horde?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Horde Who would you like to see as the next Warchief of the Horde?

If anything should happen to Sylvanas, who would like to see step up and take over as leader of the Horde?
    The venerable Saurfang, the young bull Baine, the Blood Knight matriarch Liadrin? A dark horse candidate? When do you think it will happen? In BfA, just after but before 9.0, in 9.0 itself, somehow in a WC4 game?

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    If anything should happen to Sylvanas, who would like to see step up and take over as leader of the Horde?
    The venerable Saurfang, the young bull Baine, the Blood Knight matriarch Liadrin? A dark horse candidate? When do you think it will happen? In BfA, just after but before 9.0, in 9.0 itself, somehow in a WC4 game?
    Nothing will happen to Sylvanas, she will go Super Sayan God mode , wipe all alliance with plague and she will rule the horde for all eternity! Now on a more serious note, Sourfang seems to have the most experience and is the best candidate, young bane is the alliance version of " the boy king " so no ty, as for Liadrin, I'd rather see Lorthemar. I don't know what will happen to Sylv but they'd better make it good, since she has such a huge fanbase ( myself included), or else!

Anduin.
    If you can't stand people like Cataclysm'Garrosh or Sylvanas, you deserve Anduin. Or Thrall, or Velen, or Malfurion or Baine. They are all the same shitty character.
    And... You are worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    And... You are worthless.
    Pardon? U fuckin wot?

I guess we're all tired of this pretty meaningless 100500th thread 'Horde needs new leader'. Why no one creates similar bs threads about Alliance? I guess because Horde players don't give a fuck about Alliance's internal affairs, unlike Alliance fanboys who must put their nose in all the stuff they don't belong to.
    I think this situation shows maturity of Horde players (overall), and teenagerness of Alliance players.

Deleted
    I'd rather see Sylvanas remain, I doubt she is going to be the 'big bad' everyone seems to think she is going to be.

Jaina is probably going to be the big bad and Anduin has to make his first big command as king to have her killed.

The way they've been making us "heros" and commanders etc I wouldn't be suprised if the player became Warchief at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    The way they've been making us "heros" and commanders etc I wouldn't be suprised if the player became Warchief at some point.
    The RPG element of WoW is dead.

7+ Year Old Account
    Right now, any of the current choices are all sub-par. They are not really in any good position to take over and they would feel wierd as a Warchief.

I would much rather see Blizz actually remake Sylvanas a bit, give her some harsh experiences that makes her a better Warchief, like the High Kings Trials just for her. Blizzard is normally not too good at this, but some good old character development would be so cool to see in Sylvanas, where she could go from this dark character, that cares only about her own people and herself, to one who is still quite dark and shady, but who does it more for the unity of the Horde and not just for the Forsaken.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Her Tallness: Boss Mida

10+ Year Old Account
    saurfang or baine

7+ Year Old Account
    Where is Anduin option? He will crush the Horde and make it his vassal - ALL HAIL GOD EMPEROR ANDUIN!!!

On serious note i voted for Lor'Themar - dodgy bastard don't want to take mantle of Blood Elves' king so lets prank him and make him ruler of WHOLE Horde.

TBH Nor Saurfang nor Baine wouldn't keep Horde peaceful. Like people say the best ruler is who doesn't want to be one.

Alliance have Anduin. Horde should have Lor'Themar.
    Last edited by Highwhale; 2018-02-22 at 08:00 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    With Baine as Warchief, the conflict between Horde and Alliance basically ends. He and Anduin are still friends, Anduin is King now, so he can make decisions/changes; as soon as Baine gets to a position where he can direct the entire Horde at will, I doubt that he's going to continue the faction war. The two of them would enter peace talks within weeks (months at worst) and hash it out between them. Apart from the two major conflicts (nelves vs. orcs in ashenvale, gilneans vs forsaken in the northern kingdoms) which are very much rooted in ideaology or age old wars, most of the smaller factions/races have mere grievances in comparison that two goody-goody leaders like Anduin and Baine would be able to make it work.

Eitrigg and Runetotem are too old, Rokhan too young/unknown. Even though him getting together with Talanji would be a very medieval way of getting a power base to ascend to the throne, I still don't see it happening. I doubt any of the belves would ever accept the position. With Sylvanas gone (for whatever reason) Nathanos is out of the equation as well. Thalyssra/Ji/Mayla are too new/fresh, their respective people too small of a faction within the Horde and/or their knowledge of the Horde, its history and its ways not complete yet. Which AU characters have made it to MU apart from plot-Guldan? And where is Rexxar, where has he been the past dozen conflicts since BC?

I think the biggest problem we have on the Horde side is that we cannot properly unite under one banner unless something or someone directly intervenes. Garrosh was appointed by Thrall, Sylvanas was appointed by Vol'jin. Vol'jin's ascension was a direct result of the rebellion he incited against Garrosh.

Saurfang might incite a 'soft' rebellion against Sylvanas, getting both the tauren and the trolls to his cause. Goblins side with the money, elves with the majority. (Highmountain sides with the tauren, the nightborne with the belves.) It would validate how he becomes Warchief afterwards. I don't see any other viable candidates, unless we do away with the position of Warchief entirely and go for a council-style leadership instead, which might be a little awkward and a hassle to write.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    TBH Nor Saurfang nor Baine wouldn't keep Horde peaceful. Like people say the best ruler is who doesn't want to be one.
    Damn, I didn't think that far ahead, but I agree. Peace talks and negotiations with Saurfang might not be as simple and easy as between Baine-Anduin, but I can definitely see him going for a permanent truce option at the very least.

10+ Year Old Account
    AU Durotan imo. Most level headed Orc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basic Campfire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Give them Anduin, or even better, Khadgar.
    Let them suffer the pain we as Alliance have to face every single day with these clowns at the helm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Give them Anduin, or even better, Khadgar.
    Let them suffer the pain we as Alliance have to face every single day with these clowns at the helm.
    I honestly really enjoy Dhadgar's time on screen
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where the !@#$ is Basic Campfire?

The ONLY Warchief the Horde needs. Basic Campfire Warchief 2018!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Literally none of the above mentioned. Characters like Thrall, Vol'jin, Baine, AU Durotan, AU Draka and Saurfang are literally boring as fuck. Characters like Garrosh in MoP are too over the top. Characters like AU Grom were fucked up and have the whole "I'm from another timeline"-problem. Most other characters don't fit in my opinion. In my eyes, a well balanced Orc character like Doomhammer, before he became a little Thrall fanboy, would be the best warchief for the Horde, combining the best aspects of characters like Thrall and Garrosh. This character shouldn't be "perfect" either. But Blizzard is either unwilling or incapable to create such characters. Killing off all the young Orc characters with potential meaninglessly, while we're still sitting around with old farts like Eitrigg and Saurfang, tells everything. Instead that these old characters have some kind of adviser role, they have leading roles.

And aside from that, Tauren and Trolls at this point have no competent, strong leaders either. Baine is a god damn disgrace, after he literally his own people like a spineless coward. Every Highmountain Chieftain presented in Legion is a better character compared to him. And the Darkspear don't even have interesting characters at this point, not that Vol'jin was that awesome in WoW, although he could have been. This book about him didn't help ever, where he was depicted like some unbelievably strong super hero of the trolls and their Loa's, often times acting like a human though. Which didn't fit his depiction in WoW before at all really.

Sylvanas does fit for now, in a war, because she is, at the moment, the most experienced and competent leader in regards to a war, the Horde has. Saurfang might be able to compete in regards to experience, but not in regards to success. And you don't need a Warchief who try's to grap any chance, where he could have the chance to die honorably in battle. Or who rather wastes the lives of his soldiers pointlessly, playing into the tactics of the enemy, because of his personal honor code. He can have his honor code, but he still should think about strategies and tactics, who could bring the Horde a victory. Which he doesn't. He rather whines about the evil plague and when he is asked for a better, another strategy, he shuts the fuck up and says nothing. Awesome written character indeed. Maybe he should get cleaved by the dead spirit of his son a few times, so that he might come back to his senses. But the direction this character is taken by Blizzard is pretty obvious at this point. He becomes just another Thrall-, Voljin-, Baine-character.

Deleted
    saurfang. don't think there is a more decorated horde member than him.