Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    TLDW: You can not use Metal Gear Survive to meet people and date them its in the TOS......
    Confirmed: Love cannot bloom on the battlefield.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Confirmed: Love cannot bloom on the battlefield.
    Not without paying $9.99 it can't...

(Nice MGS quote lol) I guess they don't want anyone to have a Snake/Boss moment.

(I now must play it)

(I break the TOS not for honor but for Youuuuuu Snake Eater)
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    I think the best part is that they felt the need to add that in the TOS

Why?
    WHaaaaaaaaaat....are they serios?

Anyway...on metacritic it went down to 1.6 now. (pc)
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/metal-gear-survive

What i find interesting again:

Sentinel82
    Feb 22, 2018
    It's a Metal Gear spin-off, and it's surprisingly good from my experiences up to this point. If you are into a somewhat demanding survival experience with a Metal Gear base to it, this is for you. It's a fun game on it's own. Will that change the fact many have a vendetta against the game? Nah. Fun co-op though, too.

hentailord44
    Feb 21, 2018
    It's a Metal Gear spin-off, and it's surprisingly good from my experiences up to this point. If you are into a somewhat demanding survival experience with a Metal Gear base to it, this is for you. It's a fun game on it's own. Will that change the fact many have a vendetta against the game? Nah. Fun co-op though, too.

Clearly a fake.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would people buy a game from an IP that konami essentially fired the person responsible of making it everything you liked in the first place?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is more or less Konami's pet project to give a huge "fuck you" to Kojima and gaming in general which isn't that surprising.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Why would people buy a game from an IP that konami essentially fired the person responsible of making it everything you liked in the first place?
    Well they fired him because he is a terrible manager and a money black hole.

Money black holes don't really fit in with corporate greed. Konami is a shitty company, but Kojima literally played them for far too long creating brand new engines for every new MGS game and basically be written blank checks to make them over long ass periods of time. Most publishers wouldn't have put up with Kojima's shit as long as Konami did but it's pretty taboo to fire people in Japan.

Meanwhile Sony not letting Kojima try to pull that same shit now a days and put him on an in house engine.

But yea, Konami is a shit company with greedy practices. Has nothing to do with Kojima as he really deserved what he got tbh. Being a great video game writer does not excuse being a terrible project manager that always gos way over budget.

$10 for character slots seems like a satire joke in south park than actual reality.

Konami.....you really have no shame at all

I once revered MGS as one of the champions of games.

Shit like this tarnishes that memory. What are they thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    I once revered MGS as one of the champions of games.

Shit like this tarnishes that memory. What are they thinking?
    Welcome to being a Silent Hill fan 10 years and 13 bad games ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow it's always online? $10 character slots? The fuck, I didn't know about that stuff. I already knew I wasn't going to buy this game because right when they announced it and showed it off I already saw it as a shit game. Basically making some generic zombie killer game and slapping on the MGS title. They change nothing about it either it's like a mod for MGS 5. With it being always online though and charging people $10 for a character slot? Ugh, it just makes me cringe that's how bad that sounds. It's like taking a normal shit and then shitting diarrhea on top of it.

Wow, Konami, I never thought a shittier game could be made. I noticed it costs about $40, ugh, gross. I wouldn't even pay $10 for this shit.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2018-02-22 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    This is just the icing on the cake.

TLDW: You can not use Metal Gear Survive to meet people and date them its in the TOS......

https://imgur.com/zqOs8yr.gif

Let's not put massive embedded gifs in threads, please. -Edge
    It's like they're trying to make themselves as hated as possible. Wtf.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    $10 for character slots seems like a satire joke in south park than actual reality.

Konami.....you really have no shame at all
    I'm just glad to see that this save slot BS is getting some serious media attention on the main sites now. This is rapidly becoming Battlefront Lootbox 2.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    I'm just glad to see that this save slot BS is getting some serious media attention on the main sites now. This is rapidly becoming Battlefront Lootbox 2.0.
    Its not just save slot. There is also advantage over other players for gear (as you send a team to get you gear or something) and buying more slots = more chance.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    WHaaaaaaaaaat....are they serios?

Anyway...on metacritic it went down to 1.6 now. (pc)
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/metal-gear-survive

What i find interesting again:

Sentinel82
    Feb 22, 2018

hentailord44
    Feb 21, 2018

Clearly a fake.
    Konami either paid people to post those, forced their employees to, or just made bots to post them. It gave the game an initial "positive" review, until real reviews started coming in. Isn't it at like 1.5/10 now?

Steam still has a ton of fake reviews, and not enough people have posted real reviews to get the average where it needs to be yet. The "good" reviews all seem to be posted by bots. Valve needs to seriously investigate this.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2018-02-25 at 11:57 PM.

I find this weird, I mean... from the trailer for the game (the first video on steam) it seems like the game is exactly what the trailer showed it to be which is the same things the 2nd video in the OP is complaining about.

Like they literally had the crap graphics with horrible AI's and dynasty warriors killing and poking through fences in the trailer.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Well they fired him because he is a terrible manager and a money black hole.

Money black holes don't really fit in with corporate greed. Konami is a shitty company, but Kojima literally played them for far too long creating brand new engines for every new MGS game and basically be written blank checks to make them over long ass periods of time. Most publishers wouldn't have put up with Kojima's shit as long as Konami did but it's pretty taboo to fire people in Japan.

Meanwhile Sony not letting Kojima try to pull that same shit now a days and put him on an in house engine.

But yea, Konami is a shit company with greedy practices. Has nothing to do with Kojima as he really deserved what he got tbh. Being a great video game writer does not excuse being a terrible project manager that always gos way over budget.
    I would even question him being a great writer. I find him incredibly repetitive and ham-fisted. He's above average for the industry, definitely, but that's hardly high praise.

All the same, he and his single-player espionage-based franchise absolutely did not deserve to be turned into an always online, glorified Steam zombie survival asset flip filled with microtransactions (10$ for a new save, what the hell). To do that is just low even for Konami.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I would even question him being a great writer. I find him incredibly repetitive and ham-fisted. He's above average for the industry, definitely, but that's hardly high praise.

All the same, he and his single-player espionage-based franchise absolutely did not deserve to be turned into an always online, glorified Steam zombie survival asset flip filled with microtransactions (10$ for a new save, what the hell). To do that is just low even for Konami.
    Honestly i think a lot of the reaction is simply overreaction based on a hashtag. Konami are dirtbags on the higher levels but books like 'the untold history of japanese game development' will show you companies like sega and square enix have been doing similar things since at least the 1980's. Its a case where the mob mentality and zeal means the reaction was set in stone regardless of the game itself. I've played it and honestly its one of the better spin offs, second only to revengeance for me. All the media and marketing about a tower defence zombie game are straight up 'lies' in the kojima style as thats all a mini game. What you get -and i assume nobody cares about spoilers in this thread at this point- is a game in an alternate timeline, not a forking off from GZ as stuff before involving vietnam and the philedalphia experiment are different long before it, where it at first appears to be a character being sent by an organisation to an alternate earth for find out what happened to a group of resereachers called 'the charon corps'. As the story goes on however its revealed that certain things we assumed are not true. Its not an alternate earth but the far, far future of revengeance. The 'creatures' are victims of nanomachines going totally out of control and consuming all life exactly like the praised story hook of horizon zero dawn. A character in the plot is actually from the 22nd century and took mother base soldiers who were 'the best of the best' but 'missing in action' to this separate timeline to ensure the earth doesnt become Dite and use elements of the series like Metallic Archea, Nanomachines and of course Metal Gears to stop the godzilla sized nanomachine monsters from opening wormholes to pull shit from all over time to Dite -which is why the base says diamond dogs not military san frontiers, its not the ground zeroes base at all- and stop creatures spilling out into the solid timeline. You beat the Lord of Dust which is an organic metal gear made from rogue nanomachines and you are sent back to the solid timeline to be found as wandering, mad and rambling soldiers by Venom Snake in MGSV in a version of the world where its the same locations but as they should be, not the ruined world of Dite.

Its entirely a spin off with Kojima level bullshit that is never, ever shown in the media. We all assumed it was a tower defence cash in but after beating it i think its a different bullshit: They thought it wasn't worth selling it as the survival horror game it is and pushed it as a fortnite style game 'to grab the kidz' when really its nothing like it. When you are in the dust zones that are straight up metal gear silent hill and you see human torsos using nanite growths like spider legs or giant things right out of the mist wandering around its very clear this is not what was advertised.

Beyond that you have paying for save slots just like Metal Gear Online but the entire game -just like MGSV which didnt even allow multiple saves period- is designed to be beaten with one character and has trophies related to doing so. After that its just emotes and 'speed ups' out of mobashit which i never used, never had to and are far less in your face than gross shit like FOB insurance from MGSV.

Its a strange situation where the majority were going to outright hate the game regardless. Its the meme mentality of the thing. Its why folks like jim sterling and yongyea make clickbait videos about it. Its an engine of outrage and clickbait in a cycle. But from the opening credits showing staff from MGS2, Team Silent and Platinum Games its clear this isn't the shat out survival meme cash in every -myself included- expected. Right from the opening people are now finding out has a 'kojima productions forever' easter egg hidden in it. The microtransactions are entirely ignorable but outrage culture demands the dev team be burnt at the stake for what feels like 'this will appease the higher ups without impacting gameplay' choices to get the game out at all. Thats the sad thing about all this. Its actually a good game. One i have no problems buying since the names behind it do good work and im also getting Death Stranding so its not some grand betrayal a lot of people genuinely want it to be. Its not perfect but after revengeance its easily the best spin off compared to trash like Acid and 'PooP's'.

But of course people really, really don't want it to be and are very upset without knowing any of the above and would rather Konami keep their IP's in pachislot hell or scream 'sell them off' like ignorant armchair game devs and neither should happen. All the while supporting other companies that may not be as bad lately but are still shady as fuck. But forget sega hiring the yakuza to kidnap devs families so they dont defect to nintendo, Konami fired Kojima for burning through his budget! rabblerabblerabble!

Thats the big problem here. Its a 'mom and dad are fighting' reaction from many. Konami has high up dirtbags that do dirtbag things. The teams that made survive and Bomberman on the switch are not these people. The people who made this had no hand in the blow up and aftermath yet get the treatment as though they were and thats blind fanatacism at its most base.

Never did i think i would be the guy defending survive post Kojima but the game is a straight 7/10 'its okay' but the problem is the good stuff was kept hidden as a twist -not unlike MGS2's marketing- and people were hard wired en masse to hate it anyway. It was a game sent to die that is far better than such a situation deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post

Lets not get crazy. MGS1,2 and 3 were incredibly innovative. And still among the best games to this day out of the entire spectrum of video games

Deleted
    Dont tell me what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    Lets not get crazy. MGS1,2 and 3 were incredibly innovative. And still among the best games to this day out of the entire spectrum of video games
    Of these I'd say only 3 really resonated with me. 1 was obviously the early days of the franchise and 2 is a disjointed mess that doesn't even know which heavy-handed message it wants to jam down the player's throat because Kojima explicitly said he didn't even want to do that game. Also the cutscenes, ye gods the cutscenes. I just can't very highly rate a game that has so little actual gameplay. I'm more than fine with cutscenes when they supplement the gameplay, not when they almost replace it.

Still, all were far superior to... whatever the hell Konami thought this would be.