Sound is gone from my laptop

So, I was watching a movie with my girlfriend and then she paused the video for a quick break, when she started the video again, the audio was gone, and now I can't hear anything. I'm getting "No audio output device is installed" no matter what I do.

I use an Acer A515-51G-58VH and Windows 10 for that matter.

Thanks in advance for any help.

10+ Year Old Account
    See what options you have for playback devices (assuming you've rebooted), then try uninstalling whatever software/driver it uses, reboot, then reinstall it.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2018-02-22 at 09:42 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Well, aparently, Realtek High Definition Audio isn't anywhere to be found, like it was never installed. Then I tried to install the latest version with no result.

I'm running out of options here. And I'm curious and pissed off at the same time, this is a brand new laptop and everything was fine until now, shit stopped working in the middle of a movie, damn!

10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure 'onboard audio' is enabled in the bios.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Deleted
    I had the same problem and running the troubleshoot actually solved it, just right click the sound icon in the start bar.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Make sure 'onboard audio' is enabled in the bios.
    This one I tried with actually getting it done. Somehow I can't get to the BIOS, it goes from ACER screen straight to user screen. Must be doing something wrong, I will try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Entitus View Post
    I had the same problem and running the troubleshoot actually solved it, just right click the sound icon in the start bar.
    First thing I did man, didn't work.

I'm going insane with this, playing with no sound or music is disturbing.

Deleted
    Is it in exclusive mode? Right click sound icon -> playback devices -> properties
    hard to troubleshoot shit like this, especially in another language

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by toxicrusader View Post
    This one I tried with actually getting it done. Somehow I can't get to the BIOS, it goes from ACER screen straight to user screen. Must be doing something wrong, I will try again.
    Keep spamming the proper key from the time you turn it on until you see the Windows Login menu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by toxicrusader View Post
    Well, aparently, Realtek High Definition Audio isn't anywhere to be found, like it was never installed. Then I tried to install the latest version with no result.

I'm running out of options here. And I'm curious and pissed off at the same time, this is a brand new laptop and everything was fine until now, shit stopped working in the middle of a movie, damn!
    Nothing in the device manager after installing the driver? How do you know it's a Realtek sound card? Did you use a program like Speccy to get hardware info?

If the driver is installed and enabled with no cross on the speaker icon check for loose wire connections? Do headphones work? Any tone when clicking and releasing the volume slider?

Quote Originally Posted by Entitus View Post
    Is it in exclusive mode? Right click sound icon -> playback devices -> properties
    hard to troubleshoot shit like this, especially in another language
    Properties section is grayed out, no device is available to check on.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Keep spamming the proper key from the time you turn it on until you see the Windows Login menu.
    Will try this for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Nothing in the device manager after installing the driver? How do you know it's a Realtek sound card? Did you use a program like Speccy to get hardware info?

If the driver is installed and enabled with no cross on the speaker icon check for loose wire connections? Do headphones work? Any tone when clicking and releasing the volume slider?
    I know it's a Realtek cause I went to Acer's website to check on it. But now that you mentioned, Speccy only shows NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device, which I assume is related to the gpu (GTX 940MX). And no, no sound at all, no matter what I do or click.

I'm thinking about rolling a system restoration, and hoping for the best.