1. #1

    Want to come back, What is new since launch

    Hi all, I played on OW on release, havent played for more than a year.
    Is there a lot of change since release, new map/Class, etc ?
    IS the game well more balanced ?
    Thanks !

  2. #2
    Hello,

    What are your goals ? Competitive ? Arcade ? Are you going to play with friends most of the time or solo ?
    Overall the game is in a good shape. Some heroes have had some drastic changes (Lucio, Dva, rip Mercy), new heroes have been released. There's also some new maps and special game modes (as well as Custom Games). I must warn you that there's still some toxicity, like any other online game, and that competi...actually I'll let the others say that : I know they're eager to ! :winkyface:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : S;G (movie).
    Todo list : , S;G0, New Game, Erased.

  3. #3
    They added maps, heroes, game modes and competitive games (if you left before comp). Overall, I think the game was must fun in the beginning and it's becoming kinda repetitive, especially with the Competitive seasons.

    The new maps are okey and new game modes, especially the Arcade modes, is amazing. It's a HUGE shame that all game modes are not up always, instead they rotate. I want 4v4 team deathmatch 24/7 but not gonna happen

    New heroes are a weird mix. Ana was a nice addition and Moira is a solid hybrid. Orisa is kinda meh and the last 2, Sombra and Doomfist are overall pretty awful. Using either, especially Sombra is considered trolling by alot of people.

    Competitive mode is the worst thing they added. If you solo queue, welcome to hell. The game mode crawls of trolls, griefers and throwers and horrible people who have no business in comp to begin with.
    • Cataclysm Lover - Legion Hater (Cata>MoP>WotLK>TBC>WoD>Legion)
    • Keep Classic Servers 100% original or no point!
    • Always looking for skilled OW players to push rating!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    They added maps, heroes, game modes and competitive games (if you left before comp). Overall, I think the game was must fun in the beginning and it's becoming kinda repetitive, especially with the Competitive seasons.

    The new maps are okey and new game modes, especially the Arcade modes, is amazing. It's a HUGE shame that all game modes are not up always, instead they rotate. I want 4v4 team deathmatch 24/7 but not gonna happen

    New heroes are a weird mix. Ana was a nice addition and Moira is a solid hybrid. Orisa is kinda meh and the last 2, Sombra and Doomfist are overall pretty awful. Using either, especially Sombra is considered trolling by alot of people.

    Competitive mode is the worst thing they added. If you solo queue, welcome to hell. The game mode crawls of trolls, griefers and throwers and horrible people who have no business in comp to begin with.
    Sombra just got a huge buff and Doomfist got a slight buff (of course, Doomfist is completely useless when hacked).

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by dialectic View Post
    Sombra just got a huge buff and Doomfist got a slight buff (of course, Doomfist is completely useless when hacked).
    Well, I have seen some exceptions, where Sombra has been played and fairly useful, but in 99 of 100 scenarios, playing Soldier, Tracer, Genji, McCree, Reaper or Pharah would be a better DPS pick. She is still far behind a proper DPS hero :/
    • Cataclysm Lover - Legion Hater (Cata>MoP>WotLK>TBC>WoD>Legion)
    • Keep Classic Servers 100% original or no point!
    • Always looking for skilled OW players to push rating!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Well, I have seen some exceptions, where Sombra has been played and fairly useful, but in 99 of 100 scenarios, playing Soldier, Tracer, Genji, McCree, Reaper or Pharah would be a better DPS pick. She is still far behind a proper DPS hero :/
    If they stick with her recent buff in its entirety, she's a lot more viable now. Her spread was reduced, time to hack reduced, and hack affects more things (kills Genji's cyber-agility, Pharah's rockets, Lucio's songs and wall ride, etc.). Her transponder time was increased by 33% so she can run around more and engage before needing to teleport out of the fight. I was really getting some stuff done with her yesterday. In Quick Play, sure, so we'll see how she is when I get back into the new competitive season.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellofrag View Post
    Hi all, I played on OW on release, havent played for more than a year.
    Is there a lot of change since release, new map/Class, etc ?
    IS the game well more balanced ?
    Thanks !
    Erm ...
    Just jump in and check it out?
    You'll like it or you won't.

  8. #8

  9. #9
    Tip: You should do some quick matches to get into groove again before hitting competitive. I do this mistake very often xD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •