438. This poll is closed
  • Yes

44 10.05%
  • Nope

394 89.95%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    What??? I can level to 60 at a leuserely pace in 2 weeks without using the chat.

It's not even that amazing..
    Using today's experience with today's live game, yeah easily done in 2 weeks. Using vanilla WoW's experience, nope. 2-3 months was the average time it took for someone to level up a fresh character to 60 back then. The only people who had a level 60 in a month or less were people with no job, school, relationship, or life who played 18 hours a day. Assuming you have at least 2 of those things I listed, you'll be hitting 60 in about 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Using today's experience with today's live game, yeah easily done in 2 weeks. Using vanilla WoW's experience, nope. 2-3 months was the average time it took for someone to level up a fresh character to 60 back then. The only people who had a level 60 in a month or less were people with no job, school, relationship, or life who played 18 hours a day. Assuming you have at least 2 of those things I listed, you'll be hitting 60 in about 2 months.
    Considering we're not in 2005 anymore.. 2 weeks for the experienced rushers, a month for laid back experienced players. That's usually the amount of time I take leveling to 60, a month.

You're all out of the loop friends, retail has affected your minds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Considering we're not in 2005 anymore.. 2 weeks for the experienced rushers, a month for laid back experienced players. That's usually the amount of time I take leveling to 60, a month.

Um when Classic WoW is implimented, ALL of the quests in "old Azeroth" will not be there. They will be the old quests that sites like wowhead no longer list as quests. The experience gained from mobs/quests will be lowered to what they previously were in vanilla AND the amount of exp needed to reach the next level will be raised back to what it was in vanilla. Quest/mob exp has more than doubled in amount (not including the bonus you get from heirlooms currently or RAF) and the amount of exp needed to reach the next level has been cut by more than 1/3. The simple fact that during vanilla (and even BC) it took 2-3 months to get to 60 is because it was time consuming. Even with the help of sites like wowhead and thottbot, finding where to go for quests took up time. Experience gained was little compared to today. You couldn't use mounts until 40 if you could even afford the riding skill to use a mount. Flight paths didn't connect to each other. You eventually had to go back and forth between Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor because there were literally gaps in the level range on each continent (keep in mind flight paths didn't connect, you didn't have a mount until 40, and even after 40 you didn't always have a mount because of the cost). Yeah you'll definitely hit 60 in 2 weeks as an "experienced rusher" or one month as a laid back player......

It will take most experienced players somewhere between 130-160 hours in /played time to max out depending upon which class you choose. Leveling a warrior vs leveling a hunter is a big difference. The world record is 116,5 hours with a hunter during the original vanilla period. If you say you max within 2 weeks (i.e. 130 hours total), you are atleast playing over 9 hours a day. That's not my definition of leisurely gaming. 1 month is just above 4 hours a day.

(And please don't use private-servers as your reference point).

Don't feed the troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Nheme View Post
    It will take most experienced players somewhere between 130-160 hours in /played time to max out depending upon which class you choose. Leveling a warrior vs leveling a hunter is a big difference. The world record is 116,5 hours with a hunter during the original vanilla period. If you say you max within 2 weeks (i.e. 130 hours total), you are atleast playing over 9 hours a day. That's not my definition of leisurely gaming. 1 month is just above 4 hours a day.

(And please don't use private-servers as your reference point).
    Around 4 hours a day is pretty leisurely, considering you probably will play more during the weekend. You'll most likely play only 3 hours daily during the week.

And using private servers as a reference is a perfect reference point. Considering the rates of experience are 100% blizzlike. It's hardcoded, nothing to even talk about here.

If anything, you'll take longer to reach level 60 on the best private servers considering that the world is prepared to host 2.5k players and those servers are holding around 10k people at times. It's like constantly playing WoD release without sharding and universal tag of mobs.

7+ Year Old Account
    compromise with us and not have LFR

Just... no. Don't play classic if it's not for you.

Deleted
    But we want Classic because we can't stand LFR. This would defeat the purpose.

Around 4 hours a day is pretty leisurely, considering you probably will play more during the weekend. You'll most likely play only 3 hours daily during the week.

And using private servers as a reference is a perfect reference point. Considering the rates of experience are 100% blizzlike. It's hardcoded, nothing to even talk about here.

If anything, you'll take longer to reach level 60 on the best private servers considering that the world is prepared to host 2.5k players and those servers are holding around 10k people at times. It's like constantly playing WoD release without sharding and universal tag of mobs.
    Private servers only have a guesttimate on mobs' health/armor/resistances/melee power/spelldamage so it's not comparable.

You're not wrong.

Most optimal timing was something like 4 days so ~100 hours seems reasonable for rushers which would be 7hours average a day which is easy for those without any other commitments.

I dont understand why everyone else is talking about 2-3months realtime without talking about in-game time (which is what matters).

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    You're not wrong.

Most optimal timing was something like 4 days so ~100 hours seems reasonable for rushers which would be 7hours average a day which is easy for those without any other commitments.

I dont understand why everyone else is talking about 2-3months realtime without talking about in-game time (which is what matters).
    Because they're simply regurgitating numbers they saw somewhere. You could literally take a whole year if all you could muster per day was 30 minutes.

At a modest rate of 4 hours/day I usually take around a month to reach level 60 without any major rushing. It might be faster than average but it's considerably slow for rushers with extremely optimal paths.

It also depends whether you level up professions or not

Because they're simply regurgitating numbers they saw somewhere. You could literally take a whole year if all you could muster per day was 30 minutes.

At a modest rate of 4 hours/day I usually take around a month to reach level 60 without any major rushing. It might be faster than average but it's considerably slow for rushers with extremely optimal paths.

It also depends whether you level up professions or not
    At 4hrs/day you’re also getting rested exp acrual. 10 days for 1 full level means 10% rested per 24 hours, or 50% every 6 days (including your 4hrs of play time)

So you’ll shave off 2.5 levels through rested exp too

you must be kidding me

Landslide doesn't even begin to express it. Community has spoken. Over 90% don't want this shit. Let. It. Die.