Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Class halls in bfa

Has blizzard said anything about class halls being used in bfa? It seems like a lot wasted content if they're gonna be obsolete. Garrisons being obsolete is 1 thing because everyone's is exactly the same but I enjoy having an area were only my class is allowed to go.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Garrisons are not obsolete though....my three tailors enjoy the Hexweave and the gold that I make from the bags

As for "wasted content". How so? You had them for two years. What is wasted other than the gold making missions which I assume will be nerfed just like they were after WoD.....?
    I mean i guess if your hardcore into gold farming. But if rather do class order missions over garrison anyway so it kinda does make it obsolete. Will they give each play their own zone again? Or are they complete doing away with orderhall style missions completely?

10+ Year Old Account
    There are mission tables, but it seems to be faction tables now. Looks like it'll be shared table between both factions.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    There are mission tables, but it seems to be faction tables now. Looks like it'll be shared table between both factions.
    I think OP meant more along the lines of Order Halls locations and specific quests not just the table (we already knew that was coming back). I mean they would be doing away with a massive group of paladins in the most light secure place on Azeroth, a flying sky place filled with warriors, a massive turtle with hundreds of monks etc. Just silly

I like the idea of a class base but most of them sucked imo

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    I like the idea of a class base but most of them sucked imo
    Pretty much.

There are some I liked (Note: I have only done Paladin, Hunter, Rogue, Monk, Death Knight and Warlock enough to really judge their halls). The Monk didn't really have a "hall" but rather than a whole freaking island on the back of a turtle. While some classes had basically clubhouses (Paladin's felt this way.)
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Class halls are as 'wasted' as every other old zone we never go back to once a new expansion is out. Hardly anything new here.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope they give players a reason to return to them, if only occasionally. Weekly quests, maybe, or an occasional step in the Heart of Azeroth quest chain. Hell, bring back the teleport spells they removed during the Legion beta so we can easily go there if we want to without having to head to Dalaran.

Deleted
    It would be sad to leave them. Practicality aside - they are still great hubs, provide an actual community of the same classes and serve story purpouses. I doubt Blizzard will wanna create 12 unique quest lines in the future tho, as that sounds like a awful lot of sidetracking job. Also the whole "both factions are in war" kinda ruins the inital idea of classhals to "unite against greater evil despite our alliegences"

I will use mine for easy portal acess and for respeccing, but besides that I doubt it will see much traffic.

Because many of them are in a unique space, I would imagine Blizzard could use them easily again in the future, but for like Hunter's and Druids, those things are set in the ground in Broken Isles so idk about them.

This is one of those things in most expansion where someone or a group of people is heavily involved and just disappears later on. It's gonna feel weird that your story isn't being pushed through the class hall anymore, but I think it'll be nice to get back to Horde/Alliance military stuff.

I still love my garrison as base. Can't say the say for any of the order halls.

Deleted
    I would hope they keep them. My mage would easilty be able to return there and go to other world cities in a pinch. I still like my garrison for the quiet and peace I can get without being asked to portal someone soewhere. Also being a nightborne and a AH at my garrison means i can have the mailbox right next to me making easy shopping.

They can have my Deadscar Rift and title when I am dead far beyond the Shadowlands.

As for my Garrison, we really should go back there and collect all those troops, and ships, and followers....and my dog. We'll need them for the fight ahead.

As for the farm....retirement on Pandaria.

Well Druids, Monks, DK, Mages will probably keep their Teleport spells so for sure you'll see people using them.

All the other ones are linked to Broken Shore Dalaran so yeah, that's probably a goodbye.

Do we know if we'll keep Dalaran hearthstone or nah ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Well Druids, Monks, DK, Mages will probably keep their Teleport spells so for sure you'll see people using them.

All the other ones are linked to Broken Shore Dalaran so yeah, that's probably a goodbye.

Do we know if we'll keep Dalaran hearthstone or nah ?
    Blizzard won't remove the dal hearth. We still have our garrison hearth.

They should bring back unlocking certain skills by doing a quest for your class and have you go to the class hall 2-4 times during the leveling experience. That would re-introduce some flavor.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    They can have my Deadscar Rift and title when I am dead far beyond the Shadowlands.
    Well of course. The Warlock class hall has its... perks
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperJay View Post
    I think OP meant more along the lines of Order Halls locations and specific quests not just the table (we already knew that was coming back). I mean they would be doing away with a massive group of paladins in the most light secure place on Azeroth, a flying sky place filled with warriors, a massive turtle with hundreds of monks etc. Just silly
    I'm sure they will still be there lore-wise. You're just busy fighting on another area of the world. Plus your old Alliance Paladin buddy now wants to slit your throat if you're a Horde and vice versa, so Order Halls will probably not make much sense lore-wise.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I'm sure they will still be there lore-wise. You're just busy fighting on another area of the world. Plus your old Alliance Paladin buddy now wants to slit your throat if you're a Horde and vice versa, so Order Halls will probably not make much sense lore-wise.
    The Order Halls were established when the Horde and Alliance were fighting during Legion, the Order Halls were made to be above that pettiness.