Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Two beers or one 10 oz. glass of wine is my top limit. And even with that little, I get really sleepy afterwards. In fact, after we eat our dinner, which I have a glass of wine with it, I take a nice nap.

How much a person can tolerate generally depends on how large they are. Also, if they have food with it, such as high starchy foods, like potatoes.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 beer and I can feel it.
    3 and I'm drunk.

tbf I haven't touched alcohol in 1 year due to medication and before then it was 1 beer every 3 month.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    Around 2 pints and I'm pretty buzzed and that's also when I usually stop and start drinking water.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    I looked at the chart and realized I have no idea what measurement is being used. What exactly is a "GM of alcohol", and how does it refer to various drinks?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

15+ Year Old Account
    i tend not to eat during or before i drink. I can feel good off of a 6pack and a shot or 2 of tequila

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I looked at the chart and realized I have no idea what measurement is being used. What exactly is a "GM of alcohol", and how does it refer to various drinks?
    Like I said I assumed it was UK alcohol units.
    If you had a pint of beer at 5% it would be 568ml x .05 which means there's 28.4ml of pure alcohol in the pint. A UK unit is 10ml alcohol so that makes the beer come in at 2.84 units.

If your in the US then the pints are smaller and it's weight for alcohol. So 10ml alcohol weighs .8g

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Like I said I assumed it was UK alcohol units.
    If you had a pint of beer at 5% it would be 568ml x .05 which means there's 28.4ml of pure alcohol in the pint. A UK unit is 10ml alcohol so that makes the beer come in at 2.84 units.
    If your in the US then the pints are smaller and it's weight for alcohol. So 10ml alcohol weighs .8g
    I get all that but... that still doesn't explain the measurement involved. What's a "GM"? is that the 'unit' you mean? Does that mean ~4 pints is the 'average'?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I don't drink as much as I did during my teen years and if I haven't gotten drunk in a year and then drink, it doesn't take much to get me drunk at all, 2 beers and I'm tipsy, 3 and I'm drunk. When I was drinking a lot more, I could drink a whole 6 pack.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    It's about 4-5 shots of 190 proof for me currently. Used to do more but I'm not young and dumb anymore and I don't drink to get drunk now.
    Life doesn’t get easier, we just grow stronger.

I don't handle alcohol very well: it takes usualy two bottles of beer for me to get drunk and start having a VERY stupid behavior and drink even more because when you're drunk, whatever !
    For that reason, i don't drink very much: last time i was drunk is four years ago in a party, and that's good since we have multiple case of alcoholism in my family.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Americans getting out drunk by those sissy Europeans. For shame. We need to work on this.
    It's Trumps fault since he doesn't drink. Need a new leader with a new motto MADA - Make American Drink Again
    "Peace is a lie"

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't drink often, so probably not much. But I'm also taller than average with more body mass, so that might increase tolerance. When I drink, I usually have one drink an hour instead of trying to guzzle as much as quickly as possible so I've never really tested my tolerance.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I get all that but... that still doesn't explain the measurement involved. What's a "GM"? is that the 'unit' you mean? Does that mean ~4 pints is the 'average'?
    Yes but it could be grams as said by Vegas82. That would mean the numbers represent even more alcohol.

Deleted
    Can someone first translate the whole "unit of alcohol" into proper scientific language for me so I can answer. Nevermind.

I usually buy 44.55cl of 100% alcohol for the Friday in the form of 4.5% beer. Of that I typically drink around 29.7cl to 38.61cl. Sometimes less, sometimes more. Usually continuing on Saturday, either with or without sleeping the night.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2018-02-28 at 06:14 AM.

3-4l of beer to feel happiest,
    1l of Johnny Walker red label to feel tipped.

15+ Year Old Account
    I used to be able to drink like a fish and still not feel it. Having not drank in a while I start feeling it around the 7th or 8th shot if I'm drinking in the course of an hour or two.

I do have to say I find this graph rather amusing. The Irish men and women are the highest in all categories listed lol.

I feel like the US and Germany can handle more booze than France. Fake news chart.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Deleted
    I guess my resistance is almost zero since I don't drink, so I imagine I would have a hard time standing after 2 beers already.

Btw, interesting title. Do people drink to feel a certain satisfaction?
    It was my understanding that people either need it to loosen up in social situations or to drink away their life problems.

Just a small sip or two. I'm a real freakin' lightweight so that's all the more reason to avoid it as much as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Satisfied?? I drink until I can't physically drink anymore.