Meeting Stone -The Only Change I'd Make

Every dungeon has a meeting stone which one could press for auto queue. The issue was that game did not consider current spec, rather if the class had a tank/heal spec -which made for a poor gaming experience so people simply stopped using meeting stones.

The only change I would make is to have meeting stones consider current player spec for meeting stone groups.

Thoughts?

The big issue I see with this idea is that not everyone that was a healer species into holy / resto especially in earlier dungeons. And not every tank was protection specced, etc.

Yea, if youre leveling as protection youre doing it really wrong. I've healed and tanked dungeons as offspec the entire time in vanilla and never had any issue. Hell, I heard nowadays on vanilla servers warrior tanks just spec fury and put on dps gear to tank raids...

I agree with both of you that is how the dungeon is tuned -pre 60- and its ok for pre 60 to allow for that .. But after 60?

Also, remember how so many players with tank spec would refuse to tank!

Thing is how it was implemented lead to it never being used .. right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Yea, if youre leveling as protection youre doing it really wrong. I've healed and tanked dungeons as offspec the entire time in vanilla and never had any issue. Hell, I heard nowadays on vanilla servers warrior tanks just spec fury and put on dps gear to tank raids...
    You heard wrong.. first of all there are no "vanilla servers" right now that is 100% pure vanilla, all those private servers made "slight" changes to the game which had huge impact.
    There was no such thing is "dps" warrior gear in vanilla WoW unless you are talking about the warlord pvp set. Warrior sets from tier 1 to 3 were all tanking oriented and had tanking set bonuses and stats, as well as the warrior class trinkets which had defensive bonuses. Grabbing the few single dps pieces that drop in raids to say "im tanking in dps gear" doesn't make sense either way. You just can't tank in vanilla without being defense and hit capped as a warrior tank. Coming from someone who raided in real vanilla from beginning to the end and not "Ive heard" experience.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Every dungeon has a meeting stone which one could press for auto queue. The issue was that game did not consider current spec, rather if the class had a tank/heal spec -which made for a poor gaming experience so people simply stopped using meeting stones.

The only change I would make is to have meeting stones consider current player spec for meeting stone groups.

Thoughts?
    As someone else already pointed out. Noone lvls in protection (except paladins).

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    I agree with both of you that is how the dungeon is tuned -pre 60- and its ok for pre 60 to allow for that .. But after 60?

Also, remember how so many players with tank spec would refuse to tank!

Thing is how it was implemented lead to it never being used .. right?
    I have never ever met a tank-specced person who refused to tank. That sounds insane.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    You heard wrong.. first of all there are no "vanilla servers" right now that is 100% pure vanilla, all those private servers made "slight" changes to the game which had huge impact.
    There was no such thing is "dps" warrior gear in vanilla WoW unless you are talking about the warlord pvp set. Warrior sets from tier 1 to 3 were all tanking oriented and had tanking set bonuses and stats, as well as the warrior class trinkets which had defensive bonuses. Grabbing the few single dps pieces that drop in raids to say "im tanking in dps gear" doesn't make sense either way. You just can't tank in vanilla without being defense and hit capped as a warrior tank. Coming from someone who raided in real vanilla from beginning to the end and not "Ive heard" experience.
    I played fury warrior in vanilla and I'm currently playing fury warrior on a 1.12.1 Blizzlike private server with Naxx released and I tank all available content in fury spec (as offtank).

It's not optimal, but definitely doable. I wouldnt tank as fury in a progression guild though.

EDIT: As a matter of fact. With full worldbuffs and consumables the optimal threat spec is actually fury-prot hybrid. The breakpoint of Shieldslam vs Bloodthirst lies around 2k AP I believe.
    Last edited by Storfan; 2018-02-24 at 10:37 AM.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Maybe you could mention any changes that make a "huge impact" then? Cause there is none in my experience that influence anything about what you ramble about.

Its fine that these servers cant become 100% like the original, but now youre just spouting nonsense you have no experience with. Especially since there are hundreds of servers and noone works the same.

Warriors can tank without defense cap, as long as you have gear to avoid being oneshot, and healers with gear to handle the extra damage spikes you would get from a crit now and then. It is of course not something that is done in progression or when doing the harder content, but for doing farm content that you overgear.

Cause a crit is pretty much the same damage as a crushing blow, something you cant really remove as a warrior until you got very good gear, so how did all these warriors back then survive crushing blows if they cant survive crits?

And what is this about there not being anything called dps gear for warriors, there are tons. But yes, no set for it. But the poster you quoted never mentioned anything about sets.

Hitcap for tanking being a requirement? Well now there is no doubt you are just rambling about things you have no knowledge about. Hit is a very good stat for threat, but a requirement? No, not at all. It is actually very hard to get if you want to keep your def cap.

And you come here and brag about your real vanilla experience and talking down on people.
    You are the perfect example of why raids on private servers are so much easier than back real vanilla, two reasons for that, 1 is that all classes have their revamped talents, but the 2nd and biggest reason is Knowledge, we have 12 years of knowledge and theorycrafting, about gear choices, how the stats function together

Your experience 12 years ago means nothing, cause most of it is based on the lack of information people had.
    I also raided in real vanilla, cleared everything including naxx in a world top 20 guild, but looking back at it now we were so bad. Because we didnt have the knowledge we got today.

One of the biggest reasons raids are easier on privater servers, especially MC and BWL, is becasue of 1.12 talents and 1.10 dungeon gear. In my experience most guilds look for players in pre-raid BIS which is gear that wasnt available when the game launched. The combination of the revamped talents and dungeon gear invalidates MC and most of if not all of BWL. To make MC and BWL remotely interesting and challenging they need to either retune the raids, or revert dungeon gear to pre 1.10 levels

No need, just add premade group finder into them. Good solution if you ask me.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zydas View Post
    One of the biggest reasons raids are easier on privater servers, especially MC and BWL, is becasue of 1.12 talents and 1.10 dungeon gear. In my experience most guilds look for players in pre-raid BIS which is gear that wasnt available when the game launched. The combination of the revamped talents and dungeon gear invalidates MC and most of if not all of BWL. To make MC and BWL remotely interesting and challenging they need to either retune the raids, or revert dungeon gear to pre 1.10 levels
    On the currently most popular private server, the 1.10 items didnt get put in until their respective patch, and stats on existing gear were updated for every patch that got released, so items were identical to how they were in actual vanilla. And that was a amazing feature.

The class revamps make a difference indeed, but as i said in my previous post, the knowledge we got today is a much bigger factor, because we know exactly what gear is good and whats not good.

For example warlocks, in early vanilla you have the green crafted felcloth set, which are much better items than epic items from molten core, by quite a lot. But back in the days people used raid gear, cause it would make sense that they were better than some green crafted items.

The same applies for most classes, and it adds up a lot to increase a raids dps

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyfoxy View Post
    On the currently most popular private server, the 1.10 items didnt get put in until their respective patch, and stats on existing gear were updated for every patch that got released, so items were identical to how they were in actual vanilla. And that was a amazing feature.

The class revamps make a difference indeed, but as i said in my previous post, the knowledge we got today is a much bigger factor, because we know exactly what gear is good and whats not good.

For example warlocks, in early vanilla you have the green crafted felcloth set, which are much better items than epic items from molten core, by quite a lot. But back in the days people used raid gear, cause it would make sense that they were better than some green crafted items.

The same applies for most classes, and it adds up a lot to increase a raids dps
    Oh yeah the felcloth and shadow wrath green gear really help out locks especially with 1.12 talents with life tap scaling. TBH I don't remember if shadow wrath gear was in earlier in vanilla. I guess the question is should things that trivialize early raids be retuned to keep the difficulty or should we be rewarded for 12 years of knowledge.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zydas View Post
    Oh yeah the felcloth and shadow wrath green gear really help out locks especially with 1.12 talents with life tap scaling. TBH I don't remember if shadow wrath gear was in earlier in vanilla. I guess the question is should things that trivialize early raids be retuned to keep the difficulty or should we be rewarded for 12 years of knowledge.
    I'd rather buff the raids. The items that increase the damage a lot, doesnt always have very much other stats like int and stamina. So if you buff raids slightly,
    Players might wanna consider the survivability on other gear
    Last edited by Roxyfoxy; 2018-02-25 at 10:00 AM.