Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Some people here obviously have never done programming to even expect Blizzard to make any changes to the original code.

You have to remember, people who coded Vanilla was mostly not even working there anymore, Blizzard probably developed a lot of internal tools and code libraries that are used today and the whole team uses that are in no way compatible with the version of the engine used by Vanilla.

Meaning, what some people are asking is the equivalent of what has been done in Cataclysm, while what was originally asked is the Elysium experience.

Considering WOW Classic will obviously have a huge amount of people at start and then 90% of the people will stop playing after a couple of weeks, there is no way in hell Blizzard will invest in that.

However if I were them I'd invest in making servers for all the expansions. That would make a lot more sense.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Classic will be retail.
    Do you understand that "retail" is used as synonym to "Legion/B4A" and not literally? Or are you just dense?

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Do you understand that "retail" is used as synonym to "Legion/B4A" and not literally? Or are you just dense?
    Prodding people to remind them that they aren't on pirate servers anymore and need to update their lexicon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Translation of OP: I hate Vanilla, therefore you should too.

Grow up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Mormolyce is right. Remember the words used during the introduction by J Allen Brack at Blizzcon - 'classic server option'.

What about visual changes that happened later in WoW's lifetime. Like the increased view distance and better lighting, water etc. Wouldn't those things add up to a more enjoyable, beautiful world than Vanilla was?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    What about visual changes that happened later in WoW's lifetime. Like the increased view distance and better lighting, water etc. Wouldn't those things add up to a more enjoyable, beautiful world than Vanilla was?
    No to that, because it would drastically alter PvP. The rest is OK, as long as it's optional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic should be classic thats all. Improvements makes classic not the classic. But they could make some minor changes and the questin is where the changes need to be stopped? My opinion about classic is "it was fun". Classic was fun and will never be fun anymore like we remember.

Imo, change nothing but maybe hardware, like less lag and higher population cap, but the "minor" bugs like walljumping and reckbomb (even if just for a day) should stay in.

Why? Because some people will go into Classic, with the advertisement of "Everything as it was back then!" with the assumption that this would include everything, even bugs or broken classes, for example rogues or the reckbomb (reckbomb for a few days (iirc) and rogues for the whole of classic).
    Last edited by Reapocalypse; 2018-04-16 at 02:30 PM.

Anyone who thinks bugs made vanilla ...vanilla are downright delusional. Ideally you want to every bug ever in game from 1-12 to be fixed at launch. You want the servers to have the capacity of current retail to accommodate large crowds. Maybe 10-15 servers NA and EU?

One misconception that I see all the time is people make Vanilla out to be all sunshine rainbows and unicorns. Like no one did any wrong! ... WRONG.

There were trolls, ninja looters, harassers just like there is today. general chat was full of both people loking to group and others talking about politics and today's news, racism, it all happened there too.

People hate gearscore and raider.io? Guess what same system was used except you had to meet group or raid leader in a major city to see your gear and if you didn't over gear the content wanted for group odds are you weren't in. There is a 100% truth in servers had a more social feel to it. Like a small country town. Everyone knew everyone. So if you were a bad player you were branded and pretty much exiled. And MAYBE you weren't even bad you just made a few mistakes but group wasn't patient enough to help you out.

It is nice to paint a pretty picture on Vanilla but it did have the same problems we experience today on social front. Advice as usual? Join a guild. Done =)
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    Anyone who thinks bugs made vanilla ...vanilla are downright delusional. Ideally you want to every bug ever in game from 1-12 to be fixed at launch. You want the servers to have the capacity of current retail to accommodate large crowds. Maybe 10-15 servers NA and EU?

One misconception that I see all the time is people make Vanilla out to be all sunshine rainbows and unicorns. Like no one did any wrong! ... WRONG.

There were trolls, ninja looters, harassers just like there is today. general chat was full of both people loking to group and others talking about politics and today's news, racism, it all happened there too.

People hate gearscore and raider.io? Guess what same system was used except you had to meet group or raid leader in a major city to see your gear and if you didn't over gear the content wanted for group odds are you weren't in. There is a 100% truth in servers had a more social feel to it. Like a small country town. Everyone knew everyone. So if you were a bad player you were branded and pretty much exiled. And MAYBE you weren't even bad you just made a few mistakes but group wasn't patient enough to help you out.

It is nice to paint a pretty picture on Vanilla but it did have the same problems we experience today on social front. Advice as usual? Join a guild. Done =)
    Sorry man, I can't hear you over the sound of my nostalgia.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    i think what we really all want at the end of the day is the way wow was back then, just to name a few: old azeroth, no flying in azeroth, talent trees, meaningful lvling, lots of spells, harder difficulty, no menu's ie; no lfr etc.., no heirlooms, no crz, social communities back, world pvp, and theres much more

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    harder difficulty
    That's the one thing you can't have. Altering the raids in Classic to be as difficult as mythic raids are in Legion would mean that almost nobody would ever see the content, also it's against the #nochanges mantra. Vanilla raiding was and should be easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    That's the one thing you can't have. Altering the raids in Classic to be as difficult as mythic raids are in Legion would mean that almost nobody would ever see the content, also it's against the #nochanges mantra. Vanilla raiding was and should be easy.
    easy compared to today and our mechanics but back then they were hard,

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    easy compared to today and our mechanics but back then they were hard,
    This would be a very drastic change, with the current classes of 1.0-1.12, Warriors (for example) would be way more dominant, since Raids are harder, no pally or druid could ever tank, even if its trash.

Way too big of a change, ontop of that:

WoW was the biggest during "casual Raiding"=WotLK, i think we should go back to that, catering to the 1% of top raiders does not make many people happy.