Back to rogue after many years.

Hi guys, im playing wow on and off since release, my first toon to 60 back in the day was a rogue but ive never revisited since.
    With the new allied races i started to mess about with a new rogue and im actually enjoying it.
    Rogue and warlock are the only classes i dont have at 110 so i think im going to continue on and get my new rogue to 110 and maybe make it my new main as im bored of nearly all other classes.
    I have tanked healed as mains for all expansions, done the dps main route also but not as much as tanking and healing and never really stuck to a melee dps so i feel its about time.
    At the moment im enjoying outlaw as i like swords but not into roll the bones rng so ill most likely go with slice and dice.
    What are peoples thoughts on enjoyable specs?
    I admit to having little to no knowledge about playing a rogue at end game so im wondering how viable they are and will be in the future.

Thanks for reading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Efioanaes View Post
    i started to mess about with a new rogue and im actually enjoying it.
    At the moment im enjoying outlaw
    If you enjoy outlaw, play outlaw, if not try the other speccs. We can't tell you what you will enjoy the most mate.

I loved Combat back in MoP and really enjoyed Subtlety in WoD and Legion. Again, just try out the speccs

Thanks mate, i should have asked what is the go to raiding and mythic + spec?

Im hoping all 3 are pretty balanced.

Deleted
    Assassin is currently the go-to in good ol' single target boss damage. For M+ you're generally looking towards Sub or Outlaw since having good cleave is a serious benefit there. You can still play assassin in M+ and do fine though, it's just a lot of praying to RNGsus with poison bomb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsdeer View Post
    Assassin is currently the go-to in good ol' single target boss damage. For M+ you're generally looking towards Sub or Outlaw since having good cleave is a serious benefit there. You can still play assassin in M+ and do fine though, it's just a lot of praying to RNGsus with poison bomb.
    I also thought Outlaw or sub would be better in M+ but assa still wins, the rupture dmg is insane! Not to forget the RNG of the bombs.

Thanks guys, i torn between rogue or warrior for a melee dps spec, i do love fury warrior too.

I liked Outlaw for leveling but for endgame, the RNG will eventually gets on your nerves. I re-rolled Sub and while I'm doing decent damage, it's very fun. I'm not fond on Sin too much since there's a lot of tab-target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillabann View Post
    I also thought Outlaw or sub would be better in M+ but assa still wins, the rupture dmg is insane! Not to forget the RNG of the bombs.
    Sin's damage is good, but in M+ sub is king. It has godlike (and way more consistent) AoE with the legendary cape, superior mobility and insane survivability. If you check the variety of specs used at the last M+ invitational, you can see that sub is way ahead of the other two specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Efioanaes View Post
    Hi guys, im playing wow on and off since release, my first toon to 60 back in the day was a rogue but ive never revisited since.
    With the new allied races i started to mess about with a new rogue and im actually enjoying it.
    Rogue and warlock are the only classes i dont have at 110 so i think im going to continue on and get my new rogue to 110 and maybe make it my new main as im bored of nearly all other classes.
    I have tanked healed as mains for all expansions, done the dps main route also but not as much as tanking and healing and never really stuck to a melee dps so i feel its about time.
    At the moment im enjoying outlaw as i like swords but not into roll the bones rng so ill most likely go with slice and dice.
    I admit to having little to no knowledge about playing a rogue at end game so im wondering how viable they are and will be in the future.

Thanks for reading.
    rogue has a nice niche of being a pathfinder if you play as main. i went through warlords of draenor and legion as rogue on rogue main. i got the pathfinder achievement and have flying unlocked on my 100 alts. basically as i spend time on rogue it helps progression of all my characters with pathfinder being account wide. raid progression on rogue is harder than others primarily your a pure dps class and druids can out dps you. rogue is a challenge that you have to accept. i been playing rogue for so long i make it look easy. this is a far cry of the pain you experience while on rogue. i wouldn't recommend playing rogue because its an advanced class that even bothers me on its difficulty. anyone playing the game just roll a druid. druids have nice power levels compared to other adjacent classes.

if you do decide to play rogue,

i find that assassination is really nice during raids and pvp. world pvp is the hardest pvp to play, assassins kill my subtlety rogue in seconds during world pvp. assassins are nice at eliminating plate dps(this is the negative incline, if your sub vs assassination) because the poison go through armor. assassins can greatly eliminate healers during pvp with the wound, leeching application of poisoned knives. wound reduces overall healing on healers by like 20% which is a big take from healers. gotta keep in mind that 40vs40 pvp combat assassination shines because of poison application. with all the numbers coming down the pipe the biggest effect a rogue can do is apply wound poison during pvp.

pvp use wound, leeching. pve use deadly, leeching. take the master poisoner talent to increase poison effectiveness.

subtlety is good at vs classes that arn't rogue.
    Last edited by Naiattavain; 2018-03-01 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsdeer View Post
    Assassination cleave is better than outlaws cleave. Outlaw cleave is actually quite bad, and honestly has been ever since they removed multistrike in Legion. Outlaw does however actually have decent ST damage but it relies heavily on Golganneth's to really do well in ST damage and that trinket only works in Antorus.... I would say Outlaw is a little suspect in M+ but if you are a die hard outlaw player you can still use it. Overall for M+ it's sub>sin>outlaw and even then there are some dungeons/affixes where assassination performs better.

To be honest all specs are viable now... especially in that point of game.

Deleted
    I really like this new assassination. Melee fighter with stealth and bleeds. Wonderful.

Thought i would update on my rogue adventures

Having put many hours in since with all three specs i have to say outlaw is extremely boring at times being just a 2 button rotation, i just doesnt feel like a rogue with this spec, feels like a leather wearing fury warrior to be honest even still Fury is a lot more engaging.

Sublety is easily more fun but hopping in and out of stealth during combat just doesnt do it for me in terms of gameplay but its one i will play every now and then.

Assassination, now this is how a rogue should play,the class fantasy is just perfect, more importantly its the most fun for me to play.
    Only negative is the rng of poison bomb but overall its the spec i will be running with.

15+ Year Old Account
    I fucking can’t stand when people give such stupid advice making ignorant comments. Sin is fucking amazing in mythic+ content and if you’re not, you’re doing it wrong. Period. The spec is phenomenal for mythic+ content when the right user is playing.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    I fucking can’t stand when people give such stupid advice making ignorant comments. Sin is fucking amazing in mythic+ content and if you’re not, you’re doing it wrong. Period. The spec is phenomenal for mythic+ content when the right user is playing.
    Dunno who you are talking about but all 3 specs are pretty strong for M+

Rogues dont fall into the top ranked runs though so that automatically means they are trash tier on forums. I never had trouble finding groups as rogue though. Even sap/blind/stuns cant be underestimated. No the stun isnt aoe like DH or monk but you can burn priority targets faster than those classes which sometimes is even better for certain affix's

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    can't stand stupid advice, gives no context in his post..inb4 'if you need context your stupid'..mmochampdotcom

Honestly just master all 3 specs, odds are you'll be swapping in raids or mythics depending on whatever the flavor of the patch is. It's not too often all 3 are viable, either that or you'll want to change anyways depending on if it's an add heavy fight or not too.