1- Spells names should not be shown to enemy players via text, but instead, just through animations and art

- I understand there might not be a need to make WoW as realistic as possible considering its a Fantasy game, but when you consider a few realistic changes such as this, it actually breathes some new life into the experience. That being the element of surprise and the skill of adapting to unknown information about your enemy; not just having total knowledge of what the enemy is always doing, or knowing every trick available to the current specialization the enemy is displayed to be running.

- I do however believe there should be subtle spell animations and/or colors that give an idea of what the enemy is casting, which for the most part there is (prob needs to be bigger and easier to see tho)
- For example, a Mage casting any Arcane based spell might have a sphere of purple arcane energy growing in his hands (the size of the sphere could correspond with the cast time)

2- Not be forced to go into a specialization, but rather choose what you want to learn from them

- Lets look at a Mage again, I am a knowledgeable Wizard who should have a variety of spells in my arsenal, why should I be limited to only one type of spell?

- Let my tastes and preferences dictate which spells I can use, within limits of course
- For example maybe you can have like a *20 spell limit, and you get to choose which ones to use from a pool of Fire, Frost, and Arcane spells.
- So technically one could still go full on of one type
- This would further diversify each class, people would feel unique, and this type of customization is what gamers long for
- If this were to be implemented you would probably have to do away with just Intellect/Strength/Agility stats on gear and shift toward spell types
- For example, I might have a spell combination of 12 Arcane, 5 Fire, and 3 Frost. I might want to look for gear that gives me more Arcane dmg, since that is the bulk of my spells
- This would also be a good way to help balance it out, especially for the classes with both healing and dmg spells. Shaman for example, would have to have 2 types of nature stats, one for healing nature spells and one for damaging nature spells
- So if we put a lot emphasis on the boost that stats give, you could never have any dual builds of high-dmg and high-healing

3- Melee and Ranged Dynamic

- How long should a melee be allowed to sit on a ranged?
- Have melee be able to stay on their target for most of match, escape abilities would allow for momentary distance. Melee would then probably have to move faster than ranged instead of having soooo many gap closers
- This allows for a full experience on both sides, where both melee and ranged are able to (almost) always apply their dmg; instead of a boring melee experience where your character helplessly crawls around the map trying to get at least one axe swing off before the target darts away
- With melee being able to stay on targets longer, you would obviously need to nerf their current dmg which is just through the roof

- Allow all ranged to cast while moving
- Since melee can stay on any target for much longer, you don't want stale fights where the ranged gives up any movement at all and just sits there casting all day (cause they would feel like any movement is a loss of dps and not worth it since Melee can easily stick on them)
- This looks much better to viewers and it just feels better as a player
- It also gives the ranged an option to kite Melee into the more dynamic (Field) spells I mention later below, like hunter traps, and spells on the ground. Imagine luring a melee into your second Mini Portal spell XD

- Ranged kiting would be diminished for sure, but ranged game play would still be fun, your still casting while moving, getting to do the spells you want, its just that the enemy is closer. And with escape abilities still in, you will have temporary moments of distance on your melee targets, allowing for key moments of no interrupts

4- Spells should not be able to go through the map or pillars

- could even allow for destructible pillars

5- CC and School Lockouts become less limiting on players, loss of control is not fun, especially for long periods of time

- Polymorph/Cyclone - 6 sec cooldown, 2 sec max duration (just estimates, would need real testing to find a sweet spot) (the main goal is for no spammable TLoC spells)(Total Loss of Control)

- With multi-school builds that would come from the changes above, school lockouts would be more tolerable
- Although I feel strongly that there really shouldn't be any lockouts, giving players more control is more fun for all (of course interrupts would stay though)

- *Could probably take away diminishing returns then

6- PvP Gear

- Should PvP Gear be progressive? Should players just have the best gear out the gate? Or do they have to work for it?

- Progression in "gear/weapons/abilities" for PvP games has had its ups and downs, and quite frankly, some people like it, and some hate it. "Why should I have to play 200 hours of game play just unlock all the perks to get the full PvP experience? "Why should Johnny be able to kick my ass because of the better gear/weapons he has cause he played 100 more hours than me?" Even with these downsides, lots of people still like progression in gear/weapons/abilities. It fills that sense of accomplishment in us. It also is AMAZING for the game companies, who want their customers to play their games as long as possible. Games with these progression systems that actually manage to work, do so because the increases/boosts from the better gear/weapons are very small and/or the time to get that better gear is not too long

- With that in mind, we could get away with a progression in PvP gear if its done correctly, but first I want to explore the other approach, having the best gear out the gate

- I love PvP, both battlegrounds and arena are tons of fun, and at one point, I wanted to go competitive in arena. I remember going onto the arena tournament realm and being able to hand pick all the gear, gems, and enchants. It felt so satisfying to have the best geared version of my mage that fit my unique play style. I was all set to experience PvP at its purest level, the way its meant to be, where everyone has equal power. Where skill and the choices on talents/gear would determine the winner, not just having better gear making you more powerful. And it truly was fun. I had it and I felt almost discouraged to know that I'd never have anything close to it on the real realms because of the shear amount of time and effort it would take to get the best gear (even PvE time and effort that I didn't want to do)

- I just wanted to PvP at its purest and fairest form, plain and simple. Why should I have had to play thousands of arena matches where I'm gimped because of lesser gear just to be able to get the best gear, to then equally compete with the top players? or Why should I be forced to to raid for months to get the top gear for PvP?

- So why not make it where all instanced PvP is like that tournament realm? Where you can out the gate, hand pick the gear to best suit your play style and build in PvP? Winning or losing is then based on the decisions you made with gear and on your skill in battle, not time invested/win dependent gear progression. Why are people against this? I'm sure I'm not the only person who loved playing on the tournament realms.
- Everyone one has their preference and that's fine, but I feel that most of the players who advocate for progression in PvP, do so because they want to stomp newcomers, not with skill, but with time invested. It's sad, but true. The bottom line is most people just like to win, no matter how its achieved

- When I scour the forums concerning PvP, everyone always says they hate Legion PvP and its the gear portion to blame. Grant it, I too don't like the template system, for it neutered lots of customization, but they all want the old progression system back with gear. So, because its better to please the masses, we should try to implement progression into PvP gear

- Okay, so we want PvP gear to have progression, and we don't want templates, so we'll have to keep PvP and PvE gear separate too

- So how do we achieve this progressive gear system in PvP? Easy, bring back the old system everyone wants but tweak it to also help please the people who hate extensive progression

- You have it where you get points for playing instanced PvP games (more points for wins of course) Then you can turn in these points for PvP gear (same as old system, one difference being, gear should not depend on rating, this gets into a whole other level of progression that has silly Call of Duty logic, where the winner only gets the better gear, helping them win even more, keeping the lesser geared opponents from attaining that gear. Also with the exclusion of the rating gate, there needs to be only one tier of PvP gear, cause why would someone spend fewer points earlier on weaker tier gear, if they can just save up for the best tier (of course there would be multiple sets within that tier to allow for deep customization of stats) Would need a base tier PvP set though so you at least start with something)

- So you could do this point system approach, it creates the progression that players want. It allows for the situations of newbie crushing and progression due to unlocking the gear. It also allows for accessibility to the fully-geared PvP experience for everyone, if they put in their time that is, and with only one tier of gear, the progression wouldn't be too too long

7- More dynamic abilities that affect the field and have longer lasting affects (like boss abilities in a way) and Bigger spell animation art

- Hunters

- Impaling Arrow - Shoot a giant arrow straight forward that pins any target struck by it to the wall or pillar it eventually runs into for 3 seconds (40 yard max travel distance)

- *Bigger, Better Traps - Can put down multiple of each trap on the map that stay forever, but can be triggered by anyone except the hunter who placed them. They are triggered by enemy Hunters and rogues too but will not effect them (fast reflexes) (will be visible to the hunter and his teammates)

- All current traps are good, but just have Tar trap have a bigger radius and make sure all traps share a common cooldown, so only 1 trap is coming out every x seconds

- Death Knights

- Can attach a chain to the target slowing them, or allowing you to travel with them if they flee

- Mage

- Fire Spell = Scorched Earth - Scorch the ground leaving a trail of fire for 15 seconds, anyone who passes through it is damaged. (except for you and other Mages with the same spell)

- Arcane Spell = Mini Portal - Create portal at current location. If a portal is already down, create another at current location. Anyone can teleport between portals. Pressing this spell again will erase both portals (can be removed by magic erasing spells like Mass dispel)

- Frost Spell = Ice - Creates ice on the selected spot for 15 seconds that impairs movement (not speed, but hinders turning) of all (priests can levitate, DK's can ice walk)

- Priest

- Shadow Realm - Creates a circle of shadow energy at your feet that slowly grows. While your standing on it, it maintains your void form. However, once anyone steps onto it, you and all on the shadow circle enter the shadow realm. Only players in the shadow realm can target and see each other. Anyone can exit the circle to exit the realm at anytime. (basically, it only lets people enter the shadow realm if there is more than one person on the circle)

- Holy Ground - Creates holy ground at your location for 15 sec, healing friendlies that stay on it

- Shaman

Water Spell (attack) - Tsunami - Waters rush forward pushing back and damaging all targets it hits (consuming any fire based spells that are incoming or active on the field)

Earth Spell (heal) - Earthen Cocoon - wrap your target in earth, blocking x damage (target inside can use displacement magic to escape (Blink, shadow step))

Earth Spell - Part the earth and submerge yourself underground, allowing you to move underground (drains Mana fast while underground, if you go oom while underground, you die)

Earth Spell - Earthen Spike - causes a pillar of earth to rise up and strike the target. It stays forever or until destroyed.

- Paladin

- Holy Gate = Creates a wide gate, that only Holy beings may pass through for 15 seconds (Paladins and Priests)

- Holy Ground - Creates holy ground at your location for 15 sec, healing friendlies that stay on it (same as priest)

- Rogue

- Toxic Veil - Create a cloud of toxic smoke at target location for 15 sec, only Rogues can see (and target players) while inside it (players inside the smoke become untargetable, although you can still do AOE attacks in it to hit players)

- Monk

- Soothing Mists - creates a mist at your location that slowly spreads and heals any friendlies in it for 15 secs

- Druid

- Tree Seeds - Plant a seed at your location, the seed takes 30 secs to fully grow into a giant tree. It uses its roots to entangle nearby enemies and it heals nearby allies. Can be targeted and killed. Lasts 15 secs from full growth) (can channel next to it to hasten the growth time)

- Demon Hunter

- Fel blaze - leave a trail of Fel magic that lasts for 15 secs, damaging anyone who steps on it (except for demon hunters and warlocks)

- Dancing Fel Blades - Places a Fel Blade at the current location for 15 seconds. 2 charges. Using Blade Leap (a different spell that corresponds with this) will teleport you to your nearest Fel Blade on the field (max 10 yard range). The Fel Blade also attacks anyone with 10 yards of it.

- Warlock

- Summon a lesser Demon Portal that auto summons lesser demons to fight for you for 15 seconds (can be destroyed)

- Warrior

- Battle Flag = Place a battle flag at the current location for 15 seconds, allies gain dmg while within 15-20 yards of the flag

- Blood Pool - Some attacks will cause your enemies to bleed out onto the field; Blood stays there for *20 seconds. You do increased dmg while standing in blood.