Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Confirmed: NO ZANDALARI PALADINS

On alpha there is a quest covering Zandalari Prelates and why there are no playable Zandalari Paladins. Minor Spoilers so don't click it if you don't want to see spoilers.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=282240/p...adins-spoilers

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Good. Wouldn't have been fair otherwise.
    What exactly wouldn't have been fair? Dark Iron and Lightforged can be paladin. Neither Nightborne nor Highmountain can, and now Zandalari can't as well.

And why is it good? Honestly, there is little reason to have class restrictions on races anymore. There is lore or npcs throughout the story/game of practically every race doing something in line with each class. They just need to write a little lore saying X race has been studying with Y class trainer for several years and has finally manged to harness the powers of Y. Time to unlock them all at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    sad day :/
    would have instant racechanged for zandalari

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    What exactly wouldn't have been fair? Dark Iron and Lightforged can be paladin. Neither Nightborne nor Highmountain can, and now Zandalari can't as well.

And why is it good? Honestly, there is little reason to have class restrictions on races anymore. There is lore or npcs throughout the story/game of practically every race doing something in line with each class. They just need to write a little lore saying X race has been studying with Y class trainer for several years and has finally manged to harness the powers of Y. Time to unlock them all at this point.
    Lets hope they find a way to ressurect Rezan and we get zandalari paladins someday, being forced into playing tauren and elves is one of the reasons i dont have one

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    Lets hope they find a way to ressurect Rezan and we get zandalari paladins someday, being forced into playing tauren and elves is one of the reasons i dont have one
    Well shamans are "forced" as you say into playing dwarf and draenei vs 4 horde races. On other hand for paladins it is 3 alliance races vs 2 horde. What is problem here? We will eventually get more paladin races on horde that is for sure but I guess Blizz does not want to push quickly new race just for all the players crying on forums. And some classes are harder to put on alliance or horde side.

Oh and pandas are neutral and we dont talk about them.

No new shaman races on alliance-side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    No new shaman races on alliance-side.
    And ? Its not like everything needs to be absolutely equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    And ? Its not like everything needs to be absolutely equal.
    Horde also doesn't need anymore advantages over the alliance right now. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Oh my, the poor alliance. Such a sad story.

Deleted
    And non of the 3 Alliance race can be druid, while 2 of horde side can be

I haven't checked properly, but it seems that allied races offer a smaller subset of class choices of the race they are derived from.

- - - Updated - - -

More advantages? Which are you referring to?
    Mother pus bucket!

Alliance gets 0 new Druids and 0 new Shaman.

Quit acting entiled.

So whats their excuse for Zandalari Priests, who are priestesses of Rezan?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play horde but I really do not see any logic behind the whole 'but class selection isn't equal' argument. Why does it matter if one faction can play a class on more races than the other?

Do people really not play certain classes simply because they do not like the races available or something? People thinking class selection balance matters are presupposing that people who do not play Paladins would suddenly all roll Zandalari Paladins, otherwise there is going to be little to no difference in the total number of Paladins playing on horde and it is the total that matters.
    Speciation Is Gradual

7+ Year Old Account
    In before "we lost <spoilers>, but this Light thing might be of interest to us."

Hopefully that doesn't happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I haven't checked properly, but it seems that allied races offer a smaller subset of class choices of the race they are derived from.

- - - Updated - - -

More advantages? Which are you referring to?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...0#post48963820

I started to reply to you, but it got to big and i thought i'd make a discussion out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulazibah View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...0#post48963820

I started to reply to you, but it got to big and i thought i'd make a discussion out of it.
    Your proof for Horde favoritism is the allied races? Really? Have you looked at the allied races at all? Have you checked the customization options at all? Alliance has easily double the options as their Horde counterparts.

Highmountai tauren, for example, has like 4 (female) or 5 (male) face options and 5 horn styles. Void elf has 8 face options for each sex and 10 (female) and 12 (male) hair options. Draenei has 10 faces for each sex and 7 (female) or 6 (male) hair options as well as 6 (female only) horn options. Then Nightborne has only 6 face options per sex and 6 (female) and 7 (male) hair options.

Just the above customization options of face/hair/horns show Horde having 44 options and Alliance having 77 options. Alliance allied races also have more skin color options, more facial hair options and more hair color options. I could honestly care less about who has a longer intro quest or whatever as those quests only take a few minutes but your customization options last the life of your character. That ten minute quest isn't going to affect your character 4 years from now, but you'll still be locked to the same small pool of customization options.

Just my opinion. and numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    IMore advantages? Which are you referring to?
    60/40 population split.

60/40 population split.
    As of January 2018, the faction split was 48.6% Horde 51.4% Alliance in the US. 48.9% Horde and 51.1% Alliance in EU.

This may have changed slightly since the introduction of allied races, but I doubt it was by much.