Indentured/Slavery RP

No, not the Goldshire kind

For a long time I've sort of wanted to create a more immersive version of the many cringeworthy house and kingdom guilds I see across Moon Guard. My idea basically revolves around a more separatist faction of faux-nobility attempting to recreate a piece of Arathor and appropriate forgotten customs.

One of the ideas I playing around with is the concept of thralls, which means slave, but in this context would basically be prisoners or convicts forced into indentured servitude. Alternatively I could choose to go a more wicked route and have slaves. I want the guild to be more brutal and less lawful good without being just straight up chaotic evil. With a lot of RP guilds there seems to be a lack of moral ambiguity, at least from what I've observed.

Does anyone have any experience with slavery RP? Either being a slave, being a slavemaster/slavery or just being in the presence of it during a RP event or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    I believe slavery is illegal in most Alliance communities, and I believe it's only legal in orcish society for criminals serving their time. Don't quote me on that, though. The forsaken likely don't give a shit, and trolls aren't above mind-controlling people.

We don't know enough about how aristocracies work to know how / if they have serfs or the like. Maybe someone else knows more.
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Slavery

This might provide some help to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    I believe slavery is illegal in most Alliance communities, and I believe it's only legal in orcish society for criminals serving their time. Don't quote me on that, though. The forsaken likely don't give a shit, and trolls aren't above mind-controlling people.

We don't know enough about how aristocracies work to know how / if they have serfs or the like. Maybe someone else knows more.
    during andorhal battle the alliance farmers are expressly called westfall serfs.
    so yes, there is slavery under the humans...
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    during andorhal battle the alliance farmers are expressly called westfall serfs.
    so yes, there is slavery under the humans...
    This is a necro of another necro.

Is this legal? Why would you want to take part in such a thing?