Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Megathread] Frostpunk

From the creators of This War of Mine.

In an ultimately frozen world, people develop steam-powered technology to oppose the overwhelming cold. The city ruler has to manage both the inhabitants and the infrastracture the citizens live in. Leader’s tactical skills face challenges, frequently questioning morality and the basic foundation of what we consider an organized society. Here optimization and resource management often clash with empathy and thoughtful decision-making. While city and society management consume most of the ruler’s time, at some point exploration of outside world is necessary to understand its history and present state.

What decisions will you make so the society can survive? What will you do when pushed to the limits? And...

...who will you become in the process?
    [02/02/2018]THE COGS OF PROGRESS [Developer Update]

http://www.frostpunkgame.com/
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/323190/Frostpunk/

gameplay~

Spoiler: 
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2019-05-27 at 01:11 PM.

I happened across a video of someone playing the demo a month or two ago and immediately added it to my list to keep an eye on. It looks like it could be a very interesting, challenging, fun game.

10+ Year Old Account
    found out about it a couple of days ago, and ye It seems like It could be pretty good.

- - - Updated - - -

price announced to be 29,99$/29,99€ for digital copies.

IRREVERSIBLE | Developer Update (Endgame + price reveal!)

Last edited by Enjeh; 2018-03-01 at 12:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh i'm suprised that Poland studio who maked before an pretty good tower defense series Anomaly doing now an City Builder mixed with Survival. Gonna buy it when released, something challenging at last.

If only mods support may happend hmmm.

I like the look of it but would probably prefer a third person game in the setting like Lost Planet. A lot of 'extreme condition' city builders just turn into 'barely chugging along' stress meters. It was my big put off with lots of games with a similar tone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm intrigued
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Looks good, but I wonder how long till release.

I'm watching this one, for sure. I've watched the beta videos on YouTube, and it looks like a contender. I'm concerned about the late game, and the replay factor, but I like the aesthetic and the graphics.

This one is top of my Watch list, They Are Billions is number two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Looks good, but I wonder how long till release.
    It was slated to be released during Q1, however with the latest update "7. When do you plan to post next update? - We want to release it in few weeks at most."
    I'm guessing It's going to release sometime around April-June instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Release date announced. 24 April, 2018.

Frostpunk's RELEASE DATE announced!
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2018-03-09 at 05:21 PM.

Awesome! Nice trailer to boot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think the game needs a better name.

I've been following this game for months. I am sick of watching the handful of playthrough videos on Youtube. I NEED this game. I'm glad we finally have a release date, but there's still no pre-order on Steam. UGH. Just take my freaking money already!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

It's coming out in 6 weeks but hasn't hit early access yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    It's coming out in 6 weeks but hasn't hit early access yet?
    Rofl. You act like everything has to go into early access. No, it hasn't and it never will. They never released a demo, there was no playable alpha or beta for the public. In 6 weeks it will launch and then we can play it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Rofl. You act like everything has to go into early access. No, it hasn't and it never will. They never released a demo, there was no playable alpha or beta for the public. In 6 weeks it will launch and then we can play it.
    I'm not "acting" like anything. It's a fact that most games (including this publishers previous titles) that are exclusive to Steam go through an alpha testing, demo or early access period. Especially when they're from indie developers. Although I'm looking forward to this title, I just think it's a bit suspect that we know very little about the game, especially when the release is only a little over a month away. Here's hoping it's as good as we all think.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's available on GOG as well.

10+ Year Old Account

For those who want to spoil themselves, there is a lot of streams and youtube videos up right now.

A new home is way too hard imo.Tried one emergency shift and a guy died after an hour of extra work wtf.
    Was able to be the 2nd one. Havent tried it on hard tho.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is the game any good?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Is the game any good?
    I like it, but there isn't much choice when it comes to "solving" survival. Like you can't just max your houses out and stock up on food and survive the storm nor can you max out your generator and coal income and just "burn" the storm away. You gotta max your generator/homes, stockpile a ton of coal and food and even overcharge your generator for a couple mins just to survive.