Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawk View Post
    My only gripe currently is that the mouth anatomically makes -no- sense for a creature with such a long body.

It should really look more like this: -snip-

Just a little thing I doodled over top the model but, even just lengthening the mouth a tiny little bit would improve this model a million times over.
    This is exactly what i though, the cat form is amazing but there are some mistakes in the anatomy, this fix you did is pretty good, can you send as suggestion? i think they are able to update since its alpha!

Alo, something is bugging me for a while... did somebody noticed how the front legs only have 2 fingers? why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are so many complaining about a creature's anatomy? For the most part as druids can shapeshift they don't even need to live in that particular form so they dont have to be perfect. Who knows maybe feral form is like boards use tusks to dig up things then eat them with its short mouth. None the less I'm baffled that people don't complain about other art aspects like model clipping. Seriously the brand new raptor mounts have the dangling skulls on the chair colliding with the dinosaur model. They cant even make a model not screw up with its own existence but you care about how long its mouth is? Hell the pinecone tail dragon's idly flight animations has its claws colliding with itself, the models aren't perfect. Deal with it and if you want to complain then transmog your cat form into one of the legion appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    Why are so many complaining about a creature's anatomy? .
    because its wrong and not make sense, there is nothing wrong in asking some things to make sense with reality, like people said, this mouth don't look like it can bite, reptiles tend to have a more elongated snout

and with the front legs, why only 2 fingers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jailson Mendes View Post
    because its wrong and not make sense, there is nothing wrong in asking some things to make sense with reality, like people said, this mouth don't look like it can bite, reptiles tend to have a more elongated snout

and with the front legs, why only 2 fingers?
    And again a saddle shouldn't phase through a creature, a horn shouldnt stab the rider of the mount, and idly animations for a creature shouldnt clip with itself. Welcome to fantasy World of Shortcutcraft. A Tauren cat form probably shouldn't have horns as its spine and neck probably can't accommodate the force needed to use them as they are intended. What about the druid owl form got some shade to toss its way?

I would have thought that a Velociraptor (like the ones in the movie “Jurassic Park”) would have been an obvious candidate for the Zandalarian Druid Feral form. It’s a rather well known silhouette, the animations have been shown extensively in a very well known movie (and they seem to be based on some actual research, so the body size, proportions and movement fit together - which as much accuracy as can be expected with an extinct species) and the whole concept already has some traction in pop culture.

I think it’s admirable that Blizzard develop their own take on how to make a nimble, agile dinosaur predator. I just thought of the Velociraptor as a slam dunk tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    And you will be able to even if you are Zandalari, you can transmogrify your forms into the Artifact ones you have earned.
    You are probably right, but here’s the kicker: If Blizzard follow through on the Artifact skins, there will probably be unique colours for the Zandalarian Druids - just like there are right now between fx Night Elf and Troll.

I can always do into more detail as to why something was changed but I tried to keep it the short-sweet version (or at least to the best of my ability).

Firstly I slimmed down the model- the current form is very top heavy having a compact neck area that, with the extra shoulder/back neck muscle actually limited the animal’s flexibility. Even with a keratin supply to grow spikes it wasn’t exactly needed/unwanted bulk. The model was very top heavy and more of a hyena like battering ram/ scavenger then a hunting predator.
    Slightly modifying the frame means the animal can turn quicker, is more agile and has more reach in attacking.

Feet/Foundation:

• I added another claw to the front and hind leg for stability reasons. Two claws often work for bipedal animals because of where their center of gravity is located. Even the moonkin form has a hind claw to give the feet a tri-pod like foundation making running and walking more stable.

• I adapted the hind claw to be a bit slimmer and function more like a possible de-claw. This would also help with kicking power given moving it slightly would allow for better muscle contraction.

• Having two claws in the front with an animal that carries a fair amount of weight on its front legs (if you leave the back ‘hunch’ in) makes the animal very easy to knock off its feet.

• I also increased the space between the wrist bangle and "foot" joint-in the current depiction the movement on the front legs would be greatly diminished over a normal druid's flexible leather.

Muzzle:

• Even if the tusks are for showing off or defensive reasons they needed some adjustment. No animal (even an elephant given the length of its trunk) would have such a wide tusk to muzzle ratio. Given a troll’s tusks start at the back of the mouth instead of more like a rooted tooth-the separation between tusk and muzzle means they wouldn’t be that effective for goring an opponent.

• More so the tusks would actually hold their prey to far away from the mouth in their current form. I also made the tusks curve up words to allow for an easier puncture wound. This isn’t a bite and leave kind of attack- the feline/raptor hybrid would most likely strangle the opponent. The teeth are more suited for ripping off flesh then actually dealing damage. Even if the animal used a gore and wait method the teeth are still tiny and meant to strip flesh rather than tear into it.

Neck:
    • A reduced some of the unneeded bulk and muscle and shoulderblades, allowing for more flexibility and range of motion. The body has very strong/depicted jaw muscles (which I added a spike or two for adornment purposes) and a steady neck but not overly so.
    Last edited by RayenDark; 2018-03-13 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    And again a saddle shouldn't phase through a creature, a horn shouldnt stab the rider of the mount, and idly animations for a creature shouldnt clip with itself.?
    You are comparing apples and oranges now, there is a big difference about gameplay mechanics or bug error in the engine and models of wow animals

The mounth dont look good or functional compared to the others

Guys the fantasy world is too unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by RayenDark View Post
    Neck:
    • A reduced some of the unneeded bulk and muscle and shoulderblades, allowing for more flexibility and range of motion. The body has very strong/depicted jaw muscles (which I added a spike or two for adornment purposes) and a steady neck but not overly so.
    everything was good except this part, i think it should be bulky and muscle, make then look more feral

Well now this just kinda looks silly...

5+ Year Old Account
    Well now this just kinda looks silly...
    Then stick to your damn cats, these forms are amazing. What were you expecting a bunch of brand new animations also? What is so "silly" about the animations, they are the same as if it was a cat? Want to give a reason why or are you just going to bash the form again?

Your version up of the Zandalari Feral form above looks silly to me and doesn't even address the issue you had when you started bashing on them before the animations were added. We get it, you don't like it and all you want to do is post your fan art. That tiger and that ugly rendition of the Night Elf Feral form are not relevant to Zandalari Druids.

This looks amazing. End of story.
    Last edited by Sethrak; 2018-03-15 at 05:31 PM.
    Here are some links to their animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethrak View Post
    Then stick to your damn cats, these forms are amazing. What were you expecting a bunch of brand new animations also? What is so "silly" about the animations, they are the same as if it was a cat? Want to give a reason why or are you just going to bash the form again?

Your version up of the Zandalari Feral form above looks silly to me and doesn't even address the issue you had when you started bashing on them before the animations were added. We get it, you don't like it and all you want to do is post your fan art. That tiger and that ugly rendition of the Night Elf Feral form are not relevant to Zandalari Druids.

This looks amazing. End of story.
    Salt much?

And the tail animation looks silly if you must know.

Salt much?

And the tail animation looks silly if you must know.
    Look we get it you don't like.
    Doesn't mean other people also don't. You do know people are allowed to like things you don't, don't you?
    So like I said before you stay over there playing with your pussy and I (and other's like me) will be over here enjoying our nice scaly dinomancers. Anytime you see one in game if it offends you that badly just walk away but if something that has no effect on you offends you that badly perhaps an online game is not for you.
    Last edited by FertsBlert; 2018-03-16 at 12:11 AM.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Zandalari already got way much more than they deserved compared to the other druid races. Highmountain is even a disgrace, but for them to give Zandalari alone their own set of completely unique forms is plain bullshit.

Doesn't help Zandalari also got the better zones with quests than the fetch garbage Alliance is getting on top of the fact that while horde get upright orcs and undead coming to them as updates to old races, alliance gets nothing more than hideous lard asses for kul'tirans with mongoloid drunkard faces.

Why is it any time Blizzard does something amazing and great people just respond with salt. Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Zandalari already got way much more than they deserved compared to the other druid races. Highmountain is even a disgrace, but for them to give Zandalari alone their own set of completely unique forms is plain bullshit.

Doesn't help Zandalari also got the better zones with quests than the fetch garbage Alliance is getting on top of the fact that while horde get upright orcs and undead coming to them as updates to old races, alliance gets nothing more than hideous lard asses for kul'tirans with mongoloid drunkard faces.
    You are basing that entirely off one video by a guy who said over, and over, and over that the alliance quest zones aren't even fully implemented yet.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    You are basing that entirely off one video by a guy who said over, and over, and over that the alliance quest zones aren't even fully implemented yet.
    If you think storylines are going to drastically change, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    If you think storylines are going to drastically change, I've got a bridge to sell you.
    There is no story.

The "zone questline" everyone got ragingly upset by was like a handleful of quests, there were no story yet, there was nothing there. They even added more story recently which still has stopped and you can't continue any further, no one even knows what the story of Drustvar even is.

You're playing telephone here, repeating what someone else said badly, and not understanding that the Alliance story isn't 'bad' it flat out doesn't exist yet.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    There is no story.

The "zone questline" everyone got ragingly upset by was like a handleful of quests, there were no story yet, there was nothing there. They even added more story recently which still has stopped and you can't continue any further, no one even knows what the story of Drustvar even is.

You're playing telephone here, repeating what someone else said badly, and not understanding that the Alliance story isn't 'bad' it flat out doesn't exist yet.
    Except we know how we got to Kul'tiras to begin with, and while the Horde virtually ransacks Stormwind, you as the Alliance play the incredibly innovative and never been tried before pirate jailbreak and the quest to bring together the houses of the newly morbidly obese Kul'tirans who apparently are a separate species from the Proudmoore who were not pumpkin faced lard asses, because reasons.

Deleted
    Welcome to the Alliance fan base. The most annoying, hard to please, and childish people on the internet. Care to join us as we go through every expansion where the Alliance has complained and moaned none stop?

Today we will talk about...Cataclysm! Top hot is...Alliance are upset that we are talking and interacting with Thrall all expansion! WoW many people complaining on forums wanting to quit wow because they can't stand interacting with with the old warchief...

And the response we should give them is...(pulls a random card from a hat and gets random card) You didn't see the mature horde fanbase complain when we talked to Tirion Fordring all expansion so STFU and grow up.

AND that's all the time we got today. Join us next week as we go through more expansions of the worst, entitled, and annoying playbase in the game. This has been Babies in Blue Raiding in Strollers! Remember audience don't be a baby in blue!