Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Installing PTR now, haven't played OW in a while but she has me excited again.
    At the very least, it was the first time in many months I played anything, if nothing else to go into practice range and test out what she does.

    I can say I'm bothered by the fact she doesn't have a direct heal that isn't on a cooldown. If she's not swinging her mace, she's not going to be doing enough healing, and that means she has to stay up front, and also stay in melee range. Which feels like a problem.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I'm talking a fun and consumer base standpoint not a comp stand point.

    When you release 2 of one role in a row you alienate out a portion of your consumer base who doesn't like that playstyle of hero, be it Offense/Defense/Tank or Support.

    So now if you are not a support player you have to wait another 3+ months for the next hero to MAYBE be something fun. It's a game after all, it's main goal is fun, just because there is less of one type of hero doesn't mean they should get everything all in a row, they should have waited AT least one more hero before releasing another support. Hell, Moira isn't even settled into the meta yet.

    And I'm not saying this out of support hate, because I would say it if 2 of ANY role were released in a row.

    If they were faster on hero releases it wouldn't be an issue, but at 3+ months a pop, it becomes one. (And the fact that Defense hasn't gotten anything new in 2 years)
    There was a huge need for healers prior to Moira and Brig. Blizzard isn't just randomly releasing supports, the game desperately needed more healers and it is about time we have 2 more now.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    At the very least, it was the first time in many months I played anything, if nothing else to go into practice range and test out what she does.

    I can say I'm bothered by the fact she doesn't have a direct heal that isn't on a cooldown. If she's not swinging her mace, she's not going to be doing enough healing, and that means she has to stay up front, and also stay in melee range. Which feels like a problem.
    She has far too little health to stay in the front. She will still be a support first and foremost.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    There was a huge need for healers prior to Moira and Brig. Blizzard isn't just randomly releasing supports, the game desperately needed more healers and it is about time we have 2 more now.

    - - - Updated - - -



    She has far too little health to stay in the front. She will still be a support first and foremost.
    Desperately needed them for what? And at the cost of what? Ignoring the rest of the player base who doesn't like support?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    She pairs incredibly well with Reinhardt. The stun charges, armor boost, her swinging with his swings.

    Definitely looking forward to playing him with her by my side. Vice versa as well.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Although more tanks would be nice, we really don't want a Defense hero.

    Simply being, Defense heroes are in a TERRIBLE place right now. Mei is getting some slight buffs, Sym, Torb,
    AND Hanzo are getting reworked, Bastion is in an okay position so far, while Widowmaker and Junkrat are
    the only Defense heroes that are viable.

    Until the devs can figure out exactly "where" they want these heroes, Defense heroes are generally always
    going to be a second/situational choice.
    Mercy, ana, sym, are currently trash and broken but we get a new support, but no... doesn't work that way with defense eh? Nah, gotta fix them before we get new ones!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    When those players already have plenty of fun options, I really can't see how this is the case. It's just baseless envy. Particularly when so many DPS players "main" something as it is.
    But everyone else gets new shit, specially in the Defense category. It's just bad for the game to release 2 roles back to back with such a long release schedule, specially one of the least played roles.

    Should have been a tank or defense, there's really no argument, even my support main girlfriend agrees. Moira hasn't even settled in yet.

    Oh well, guess I'm just done playing until they add something interesting, they already broke comp for me so it shouldn't be surprising.

  4. #44
    I wonder if her reverse hook also triggers her passive healing aura, or whether she needs to actually melee people for it to start.

  5. #45
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    18,163
    I like her so far. She can't pump out crazy heals like some healers but she'll definitely be a solid part of a two healer team, especially in some comps/maps.
    on the youtubes

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I wonder if her reverse hook also triggers her passive healing aura, or whether she needs to actually melee people for it to start.
    Said in the dev update that it does.

  7. #47
    After Roadhogs fishing game,
    After Genjis playing tennis,
    Featuring our newest addition...!
    Brigittes playing pong.

    Not sure if I missed it, does her AoE heal more if you do more damage (e.g more healing if you melee someone while mercy/orisa/ana boosted) ?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : S;G (movie).
    Todo list : , S;G0, New Game, Erased.

  8. #48
    I don't see her being used for anything but dive comp honestly. Her melee is still too short and besides her E, which is basically a better armor pack, it's the only way to heal.

    It almost feels like another symmetra tbh, she dances on the fine line of support and defense hero. You either dive or bunker down waiting for the enemy to ambush. It's a little too niche imo. If she just got a bit better range buff on her melee I think she would play so much better
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

    I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

  9. #49
    Voice actress seems to be Matilda Smedius, judging from Charlet Chung's tweet
    Last edited by Amirila; 2018-03-01 at 04:06 AM.

  10. #50
    It is kind of hard to test her properly on ptr, it is either all brigs or it is you getting brig and everyone else ditches match.

    Thing is she is going to suck if the enemy chokes the point with lots of ranged attacks. If you cant wade into the battle and do damage you are just going to suck wind. She isn't dive as she has no reliable ability to keep up with dive like Mercy/lucio or heal from range like Anna/Zen.

    If you cant get into the thick of it you are wasting your time on attacking with brig.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I don't see her being used for anything but dive comp honestly. Her melee is still too short and besides her E, which is basically a better armor pack, it's the only way to heal.

    It almost feels like another symmetra tbh, she dances on the fine line of support and defense hero. You either dive or bunker down waiting for the enemy to ambush. It's a little too niche imo. If she just got a bit better range buff on her melee I think she would play so much better
    She isn't dive. Dive healers are either long ranged or capable of keeping up with fast characters, both of which she doesn't do. She is very much defence and deathball. She is death for anyone who thinks they are going to tracer or genji in and wreck the healer first, the tradeoff is that her healing is very limited if she can't get in close.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    Said in the dev update that it does.
    You get heals for the long ranged hit.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-03-01 at 05:19 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    Voice actress seems to be Matilda Smedius, judging from Charlet Chung's tweet
    That they got a voice actress with a legitimate accent this time is great, unlike Torbjörn. Now we just need some cheesy voice lines in there to go with it

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    that they got a voice actress with a legitimate accent this time is great, unlike torbjörn. Now we just need some cheesy voice lines in there to go with it :d
    "i. Am. Swedish !"
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : S;G (movie).
    Todo list : , S;G0, New Game, Erased.

  13. #53
    Since she has to get in close to do real healing I would suggest a good Lucio to match with her, get her there and the two can aoe heal. Since his heals are constant it should off set her inability to heal to a large degree when out of swing range.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

  14. #54
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    18,163
    She seems a terrible pick for Dive to me, except maybe in very specific situations. She seems like a really good Deathball healer to me.

    In any case, like with most heroes, there will be some situations where she won't be a good choice... but that's fine.
    on the youtubes

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

  15. #55
    Anung un Rama Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    53,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    She seems a terrible pick for Dive to me, except maybe in very specific situations. She seems like a really good Deathball healer to me.

    In any case, like with most heroes, there will be some situations where she won't be a good choice... but that's fine.
    Right. My usual pick before was Zen, and Birgitte looks like a better second for me than Moira turned out to be, given my preferences.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Right. My usual pick before was Zen, and Birgitte looks like a better second for me than Moira turned out to be, given my preferences.
    careful when comparing her to zen, when playing in a coordinated team, orb of discord is insanely strong.

    Moira and Brigitte make a very strong duo however. They compliment each other well

  17. #57
    Anung un Rama Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    53,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Reforge View Post
    careful when comparing her to zen, when playing in a coordinated team, orb of discord is insanely strong.

    Moira and Brigitte make a very strong duo however. They compliment each other well
    I was saying I mained Zen. For exactly that reason.

    Birgitte seems like she'll be a great fit for when that's not ideal, for me. May even replace Zen as my go-to main, though he'll probably always be my favorite "stay back and poke" healer.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Personally just disappointed its a second Support in a row, feels like they should space it out more since their hero releases are so slow. Doing it this way means anyone who doesn't play support doesn't get anything new for at least half a year if not more.

    Really should have been a Defense hero or Tank.
    Didn't you get Orissa who's like both?

  19. #59
    The Lightbringer Crackleslap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,989
    Whats with all the female new heroes! We only got 1 new male so far!

  20. #60
    She grounds Winston with the flail, can get a reliable (from my understandig) combo to kill on Tracer and she melees through Genji's deflect among other things, should technically be strong against dive.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •